• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May be headed to Theistic Luciferianism

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
While I was reading this "Luciferianism is a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer. The tradition, influenced by Gnosticism, usually reveres Lucifer not as the devil, but as a liberator, a guardian or guiding spirit or even the true god as opposed to Jehovah."
I don't see Lucifer as a devil that the Christians make him out to be. I see him as my liberator, someone who is high like a God, and that I praise. I am thinking of looking into Theistic Luciferianism. I am going to think about for while.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Lucifer is one of many gods in my pantheon. I certainly would not discourage you from experiencing a theistic spiritual-religious system.

David T

Premium Member
While I was reading this "Luciferianism is a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer. The tradition, influenced by Gnosticism, usually reveres Lucifer not as the devil, but as a liberator, a guardian or guiding spirit or even the true god as opposed to Jehovah."
I don't see Lucifer as a devil that the Christians make him out to be. I see him as my liberator, someone who is high like a God, and that I praise. I am thinking of looking into Theistic Luciferianism. I am going to think about for while.
Oh your a Baptist but you want to dance!!!! Jk sort of. We can struggle between the primal(dark, evil, nature instinct etc) and educated (light, good, civilization, learning etc) aspects of who we are. Who is pan?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Oh your a Baptist but you want to dance!!!! Jk sort of. We can struggle between the primal(dark, evil, nature instinct etc) and educated (light, good, civilization, learning etc) aspects of who we are. Who is pan?
I don't even know what you are talking about. ._.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I think you already are a Theistic Luciferian. ;) I have been working with the Luciferian principle for quite some time as a part of my Magical system.

Hail, Lucifer, Bearer of the Black Light!

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I would do some research first before jumping on the Theistic Luciferian bandwagon . . . know exactly who and what Lucifer is first.

Kapalika

Premium Member
You don't need to get so caught up in labels. Being a theistic satanist, luciferian satanist or a luciferian is like going from red to orange-red to orange. It's not really that different. Do you and take from what inspires you.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Pan is the son of Hermes. I attribute Hermes/Mercury to be an aspect of the Luciferian archetype. So are you attributing Lucifer/Hermes as Higher Self and his son Pan as lower self?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

My personal thoughts are that Lucifer is being conflated with Satan here. In reality Lucifer isn't even an individual, but rather a title assigned to numerous individuals in numerous places.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
My personal thoughts are that Lucifer is being conflated with Satan here. In reality Lucifer isn't even an individual, but rather a title assigned to numerous individuals in numerous places.
Lucifer is pretty damn real. Whatever you want to believe.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Lucifer is pretty damn real. Whatever you want to believe.

Lucifer was a title, assigned to many contradictory beings including the devil of Christianity, king Nebecanezzer (I know that must be a horrible spelling but idgaf), and Christ himself.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Lucifer was a title, assigned to many contradictory beings including the devil of Christianity, king Nebecanezzer (I know that must be a horrible spelling but idgaf), and Christ himself.
Lucifer is not a title. Lucifer is a being. He is real. I even felt his energies from him before.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Roman religion would use the Latin word 'lucifer' as an adjective applied
to the Moon. As a noun, it was associated with "Morning Star", its divine personification as "the fabled son of Aurora and Cephalus, and father of Ceyx".

The second of the meanings attached to the word when used as a noun corresponds to the image in Greek mythology of Eos, the Goddess of Dawn, giving birth to the morning star Phosphorus.

The term lucifer or the name Lucifer didn’t even exist in the Biblical ages, the Old Testament was written primarily in Hebrew, so the word Lucifer would not have been in their language. They used the word 'Helel'.

In 382 AD, Pope Damasus I commissioned St. Jerome to write a revision of the old Latin translation of the Bible. This task was completed sometime during the 5th century AD, and eventually it was considered the official and definite Latin version of the Bible according to the Roman Catholic church. By the 13th century it was considered the versio vulgate – the common translation. It was St. Jerome who placed the word Lucifer into the Bible

Isaiah 14:12 (Vulgate translation): "Et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem : cui benefacitis attendentes quasi lucernæ lucenti in caliginoso donec dies elucescat, et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestries"

The association is clearly in regards to the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar and is in reference to the Morning Star which is a title that Jesus uses for himself as well.

Revelation 22:16: "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

In the Abrahamic bible the word lucifer is being used in its adjective form to describe something or someone. The deified personification of the Morning Star / Lucifer began and ended in ancient Rome.

Deidre

From what I've been reading about Lucifer, I feel he is a real entity of some type...what type, I don't know. Spirit-related. I believe in spirits, even when I was an atheist, I believed in the spirit world...the potential for the paranormal. As a former Christian, I'm reading the Bible again, and reading different commentaries about Lucifer, and I've come to the conclusion that he is some type of spirit...likely was an angel. Was he a fallen angel, and is the Biblical story correct as to how he became known as ''Satan?'' I don't know, maybe. I don't mind that story if it is true, because I think that Satan is the misunderstood story, meaning that Lucifer is an illuminator, and we could so as far as to say that Satan is an illuminator of our 'sins,' according to a Christian. Satan is often thought of as a tempter but he could be seen as a great helper, if you define it differently. He helps us to grow. (But, it's still based on our own subjective reasoning)