• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew, Mark, Luke Vs the Gospel of John

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Israelites were extremely intelligent. Today humans have access to SO MUCH MORE INFORMATION then ancient Israelites. Even so, I would wager that most of the men from the Hebrew scriptures would run circles, intellectually, around most humans today.
Yes.

However, Some of the old testament does not sound rational or intelligent at all, like Noah cursing descendants of ham to be slaves , because their father was gazing at him naked.

But I know Israelites are as a general rule brilliant!

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes.

However, Some of the old testament does not sound rational or intelligent at all, like Noah cursing descendants of ham to be slaves , because their father was gazing at him naked.

But I know Israelites are as a general rule brilliant!

I believe sometimes the most brilliant are the most wrong about things and sometimes the least moral. The Phaisees in Jesus time could not have been more wrong about Jesus.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe sometimes the most brilliant are the most wrong about things and sometimes the least moral. The Phaisees in Jesus time could not have been more wrong about Jesus.
The Pharisees were not a monolithic group, and some supported him or at least felt he had the right to espouse his commentary.

Sorry, but your new testament has no authority over me. I do not recognize it as the word of God.
Seems you know the Word of God does or you wouldn’t have bothered making that statement. You reap what you sow and it a law you cannot avoid even if for now your stance is you won’t have Jesus Christ rule over you, someone else is instead. You’re a slave nonetheless.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You reap what you sow and it a law you cannot avoid even if for now your stance is you won’t have Jesus Christ rule over you, someone else is instead.
Frankly, that's illogical. Why would God supposedly virtually ignore the vast majority of the people in the world historically?