• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 5:6

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I mean...I really wanted to discuss about this verse...with you guys.
In my opinion, life is meaningful and beautiful, if there is equity. Truth. Justice.
Sometimes it is like thirst.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In my opinion, life is meaningful and beautiful, if there is equity. Truth. Justice.
Sometines it like thirst.
What do you think?
I think it is a beautiful verse.

There is something about being satisfied when you have done right for someone else. To know that justice replaced inequity brings satisfaction to the soul.

IMV, it speaks of adding meaning to ones life, a trait that is in us all.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What do you think?
I don't know. For sure life is not meaningful and beautiful if you are on the receiving end of inequality. I am not sure it cannot be such if you are on the bright side of things. For instance, people with low level of empathy might have no problem to live happily and meaningful, despite injustices in the world. Like all happy westerners do, actually.

Ciao

- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think it is a beautiful verse.

There is something about being satisfied when you have done right for someone else. To know that justice replaced inequity brings satisfaction to the soul.

IMV, it speaks of adding meaning to ones life, a trait that is in us all.

I am happy if my neighbor is happy.
I feel pain if my neighbor feels pain.
I think that's the base.

Lain

What do you think?

I think that it means we are the be extremely zealous in actively pursuing virtues and doing mercy (which is the next beatitude), this is the will of God, and in doing it we will receive what we are after.

The hunger relates directly to His will for the Lord Jesus says "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me," (that we are to do the same is proven in many places) and the thirst relates to the righteousness Jesus satisfies us with for He also said "whoever drinks of this water which I will give to him will never be thirsty for eternity, but the water which I will give to him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

By this active pursuit we will obtain ("be satisfied") for the Lord also said "everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened," in this same lesson.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't know. For sure life is not meaningful and beautiful if you are on the receiving end of inequality. I am not sure it cannot be such if you are on the bright side of things. For instance, people with low level of empathy might have no problem to live happily and meaningful, despite injustices in the world. Like all happy westerners do, actually.

Ciao

- viole
Exactly. It is unbearable, imho.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Exactly. It is unbearable, imho.
Unbearable? All happy people in the West must bear it pretty easily. Since they all must know that the world is unequal and unjust.

Are you unbearably unhappy?

Ciao

- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that it means we are the be extremely zealous in actively pursuing virtues and doing mercy (which is the next beatitude), this is the will of God, and in doing it we will receive what we are after.

The hunger relates directly to His will for the Lord Jesus says "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me," (that we are to do the same is proven in many places) and the thirst relates to the righteousness Jesus satisfies us with for He also said "whoever drinks of this water which I will give to him will never be thirsty for eternity, but the water which I will give to him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

By this active pursuit we will obtain ("be satisfied") for the Lord also said "everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened," in this same lesson.
Precisely.
I also think that God wants us to be promoters of justice.
We shouldn't be afraid of taking a clear stance.

InChrist

Free4ever
Sometimes it is like thirst.
What do you think?
I agree and believe life must include truth, justice, righteousness and equity which is embodied in God’s love to have meaning. I am looking forward to His coming to make things right.

For He is coming to judge the earth.
With righteousness He shall judge the world, And the peoples with equity. Psalm 98:9

Kenny

Premium Member
Unbearable? All happy people in the West must bear it pretty easily. Since they all must know that the world is unequal and unjust.

Are you unbearably unhappy?

Ciao

- viole

Do you think it is fair to lump everyone "in the West" into a broad brush statement?

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes.
Why? Are you unbearably unhappy?

Ciao

- viole
  1. Because there are poor and people in dire situation here too.
  2. You can be extremely happy because you are making a difference for those in other parts of the world as we do
  3. Because US send 35 billion dollars, or more depending on source, a year to help other countries
    1. After adjusting for inflation, charitable giving by Americans was close to seven times as big in 2016 as it was 62 years earlier.
    2. if we recalculate inflation-adjusted charitable giving on a per capita basis, we see that has also soared: by 3½ times.U.S. Generosity
  4. My happiness isn't based on economic status but my relationship with Jesus. (When we had nothing we were still happy)
i could go on...

Are you unhappy? Turn it into a cause and you will be happy.