• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 28:19 and conversions

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Does "Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19, the same intent as conversions and proselytizing now as it was back then minus the blood shed? Does it benefit people today when one teaches all nations? Do you see it symbolic? Do you translate it different than what's literally written?

Context:

Evangalizing: God loves you. See what he has done for me and what he can do for you

Conversion: God loves you. I'll show you how he has saved me so he can save you to by being baptized

Proselytizing: God loves you. I'll show you how god loves you because you will benefit if you do. It is in your best interest to love god as he wants you to love him.

Teaching: a. I want to know a bit about christ. Who is he? b. I'll show you. You have your bible?

Although the first three are negative in my opinion, is one or three of these things positive to you in order to teach all nations about christ?

Wandering Monk

Converting people is just a form of affirmation for people who themselves were converted.

'Look, people are becoming believers, therefore my religion MUST be true!'