• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 27:46 anyone figure this out yet?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Acts of the Apostles 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
[KJV]

Acts of the Apostles 2:39
'the Lord our God'

Here affirming that Jesus is God, and contextually.
Acts of the Apostles 2:34
David affirms that Jesus is Lord
Jesus tells us directly, that David, calls Him, Jesus, Lord.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind
[KJV]
Matthew 22:41
While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
[KJV]
Matthew 22:42
Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
[KJV]
Matthew 22:43
He saith unto them, How doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying
[KJV]
Matthew 22:44
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
[KJV]
Matthew 22:45
If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
[KJV]

Concerning the 'Lord' title, the word used here, referring to Jesus, is the same word, [greek language, that is used for 'Lord thy God'.
Going by this and other inference, or using that argument, JESUS, is saying that He is God.

Does it not stand to reason that if God did not leave his son at that moment, that he could not have died? He had been with him every moment up until that time....he had to let him go so that the ransom could be paid and all humanity could be released from sin. Three days later he raised him up.

Sure, except your configuration means that Jesus, is the Tetragrammaton, and is talking to 'another ' deity.

MJFlores

This is actually really bad for your argument, because it affirms usage of 'G- d' as a 'name' for the "father", regardless of who one is calling the 'father'.

Basically self refuting your own argument.
John 8:42

Who is the father of Jesus? Jesus
Isn't it simple that Jesus is the son?
Why won't people believe that?

Matthew 14:33 New International Version (NIV)
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
It is like the President of the United States of America
Donald-Trump-Funny-Smiling.jpg

He is not the United States of America.
Simple fact isn't it?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So explain exactly how this is to work.

Seeing Jesus is God, Then how is Jesus being forsaken by God.

Note Jesus said, that the Father is greater than him. John 14:28.
Seeing Jesus is God, How can God the Father be greater than Jesus

How is that to work
How is what supposed to work? I don't believe that the idea of a replacacement sacrifice is present in the Bible, at all, except for some obscure verses. The sacrifice is John 10
Done by Jesus, and is a spiritual sacrifice, not a 'replacament priestly sacrifice', which makes no sense.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That's the idea, however this isn't a sacrifice to end all sin, is it? No of course not, so what would be the purpose besides a purely spiritual sacrifice, that John 10
Jesus does so of His own accord.

Some other context? Some other meaning? So forth

Last edited:

MJFlores

That's right, Jesus did say God is the only true God.
Jesus of flesh and blood,
God is the only true God.
But Jesus as God, is the only true God.

If Jesus is the only true God.
Then what is the Father?
also the true God
Then you have 2 gods
And this is no longer the teaching of the Bible.

Who is God according to the Lord Jesus Christ?

John 4:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

What is spirit according to the Lord Jesus?

Luke 24:39 New King James Version (NKJV)
Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

Jesus have flesh and bones
A spirit does not have flesh and bones

God is spirit
God does not have flesh and bones

Therefore Jesus couldn't be God because he has flesh and bones.

Now why did we have this teaching that Jesus is God?
Because a long time ago in 325 A.D. a bunch of bishops and Constantine the Great decided that Jesus should be God.

PICFILE050.jpg

Council of Nicaea, also called First Council of Nicaea, (325), the first ecumenical council of the Christian church, meeting in ancient Nicaea (now İznik, Turkey). It was called by the emperor Constantine I, an unbaptized catechumen, who presided over the opening session and took part in the discussions.

Why did they let a pagan lead in a discussion about doctrinal matters?
Do you think the outcome would be Christian or pagan?
And the result was a made up doctrine and not based on the scriptures or the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Simple fact isn't it?
This is where you aren't following your own argument. You are reading the verse to mean, the 'father', someone not Jesus, yet you aren't reading other verses, in the same way, you can't, because Jesus is called G- d.

So it's just random subjective interpretation, not actually textual.
2 Corinthians 6:18
'Lord almighty'

That would mean Jesus, the Lord.

Your arguments are just interpretation of certain verses.

Faithofchristian

View attachment 27661

Simple fact isn't it?

Jesus is God, but yet Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus said, The Father is greater and him.
But yet Jesus is God the Father

How does this work

Faithofchristian

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
[KJV]

'the Lord our God'

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind
[KJV]
[KJV]
Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
[KJV]
[KJV]
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
[KJV]
[KJV]

Concerning the 'Lord' title, the word used here, referring to Jesus, is the same word, [greek language, that is used for 'Lord thy God'.
Going by this and other inference, or using that argument, JESUS, is saying that He is God.

Sure, except your configuration means that Jesus, is the Tetragrammaton, and is talking to 'another ' deity.

How does this work

MJFlores

This is where you aren't following your own argument. You are reading the verse to mean, the 'father', someone not Jesus, yet you aren't reading other verses, in the same way, you can't, because Jesus is called G- d.

So it's just random subjective interpretation, not actually textual.
2 Corinthians 6:18
'Lord almighty'

That would mean Jesus, the Lord.

Your arguments are just interpretation of certain verses.

I don't see Jesus in the verse you pointed out.
I read that it was God.

2 Corinthians 6:16-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
“I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

===============

Is Jesus the Father to you?
Is Jesus the Son to you?
Is Jesus the HS to you?
Is the Father the HS to you?
Do you know what they would look like when you say YES to all of these questions?

trinidad.jpg

Now that is a monster.
Or probably it is more like from India instead from the Bible.

trimutri.jpg

Study the scriptures.
Do not let yourself remain in the dark.

MJFlores

Jesus said, The Father is greater than him.

How does this work ?

So you are telling me Jesus fathered himself?
Then you are asking me how does this work?

You are in a mess like the billions and billions who are now dead
and the billions of Christians who are alive

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

How does this work
Yes, Jesus is the or rather a manifested form of God.
God= God
Jesus=God
Spirit =God, in Trinitarianism
• Jesus is indwelling of 'g- d the father'.

siti

Bible teachings in the NT, particularly, use hints: say the first verse of a passage for a referent.
That's right - they didn't have chapter and verse numbers like we do in our modern bibles so they often simply quoted the first phrase or a particularly memorable portion of a passage to make references to the scriptures. So the writer of the Gospel was effectively saying 'go and look up in the scrolls of the Psalms the passage that starts with the words "My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?"' - and of course when they did, lo and behold! - there's also the bit about people "wagging their heads", and the bit about them "dividing up his garments"...etc. What a forceful way of implanting the idea that prophecy (Messianic prophecy no less) was being fulfilled here. And, of course so much better to put the opening phrase in Jesus' own mouth - nobody's going to question that are they - whereas if it had just been the Gospel-writer's own preface to the story everyone's just going to go "yeah right - and you didn't really copy all this from the Psalms just to make your story better...go on...pull the other one".

Yep - I think I got it figured out. Nice story-telling though - you gotta admit.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
[KJV]

'the Lord our God'

[KJV]
[KJV]
[KJV]
[KJV]
[KJV]
[KJV]

So your whole argument is hinged on the title "Lord" as if no one else in the Bible can be identified by it? Is that what you mean? Its a very thin argument if you research it without the trinity lenses on.

When the Jews stopped uttering the Divine Name, and substituted the title "Adonai" (LORD) they did mankind and themselves a great disservice. Because now the God of Israel, " יְהֹוָ֖ה" (who is also the God of Jesus Christ) is only known by his title....a title he shares with others in the Bible....even Abraham was addressed as "Lord" (kyrios) by his wife. (1 Peter 3:6; Genesis 18:12) This title given to humans was to show respect to one who was seen as having authority over them.

Let me show you who the "LORD is in these verses from the Jewish Tanach....

Acts 2:36....."Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.” (NASB)

Acts 2:39...."For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.” (NASB)

In verse 21 it says, quoting the prophet Joel...."And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (NASB)

So who is the "LORD" spoken about here....?

Joel 3:5 from the Jewish Tanach says....
"And it shall come to pass that whoever shall call in the name of the Lord shall be delivered, for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be a deliverance, as the Lord said, and among the survivors whom the Lord invites. "

הוְהָיָ֗ה כֹּ֧ל אֲשֶׁר־יִקְרָ֛א בְּשֵׁ֥ם יְהֹוָ֖ה יִמָּלֵ֑ט כִּ֠י בְּהַר־צִיּ֨וֹן וּבִירֽוּשָׁלִַ֜ם תִּֽהְיֶ֣ה פְלֵיטָ֗ה כַּֽאֲשֶׁר֙ אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֔ה וּבַ֨שְּׂרִידִ֔ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר יְהֹוָ֖ה קֹרֵֽא:

Who is the "LORD" ? Look at the Hebrew text and see.....it is "יְהֹוָ֔ה"...YHWH....Yahweh...Jehovah....three times.

In verses Acts 2:36 and 39 both references are to יְהֹוָ֔ה the God of Jesus Christ.Who made Jesus both Lord and Christ? God did.

Now concerning King David the whole passage in Acts 2:29-36 reads....

"29 “Brethren, I may confidently say to you regarding the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 And so, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay. 32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear. 34 For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says:

The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.” (NASB)

Read it carefully. "The LORD said to my Lord...." In Hebrew the "LORD" is יְהֹוָ֔ה.

לְדָוִ֗ד מִ֫זְמ֥וֹר נְאֻ֚ם יְהֹוָ֨ה | לַֽאדֹנִ֗י שֵׁ֥ב לִֽימִינִ֑י עַד־אָשִׁ֥ית אֹֽ֜יְבֶ֗יךָ הֲדֹ֣ם לְרַגְלֶֽיךָ:

In the Tanach again the tetragrammaton is seen clearly in the text...but only once. So the Lord Jehovah said to David's Lord (Messiah, Jesus) to "sit at his right hand...."

Jesus is not God in any of those verses.

The tetragrammaton is applied only to Yahweh (Psalm 83:18; Deuteronomy 6:4...look them up for yourself in the Tanach)....it is never applied to Jesus. Not once in all of scripture does Jesus ever claim to be God or to share equality with him. (John 14:28)

I believe the trinity is a blasphemous lie spread by the devil through an apostate church to rob Yahweh of his rightful place as "the only true God" who was identified as such by Jesus himself. (John 17:3) It has people breaking the first Commandment and eliminating themselves from salvation. The one who "calls on the name" of the wrong god, is not going to be saved.

According to my own research, using online tools that are available to anyone, people can believe in the trinity at their own risk. Remember that Jesus said that "few" are on the road to life....."Many" are on the road to destruction. (Matthew 7:13-14) If the majority of those who call themselves "Christians" accept the trinity, then you do the math. :(

Last edited: