• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 24:40-42 and Paying the Piedpiper

cataway

then you understand god created buddhism, hinduism, islam, et al

isaiah 66:5
no . those are contrivances of men . the most high God had nothing to do with it. he is a God the requires exclusive devotion . he would not in any way have any thing to do with them

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
no . those are contrivances of men . the most high God had nothing to do with it. he is a God the requires exclusive devotion . he would not in any way have any thing to do with them
you still don't get it. god isn't somewhere else or in another place. God is omnipresent because the name states it, I AM in the Father and the Father is in me. nothing exists apart from god but everything exists in god, Jeremiah 23:24

I AM man, man is I AM. this is the revelation of the son of man and son of god.

an angel, a man, a city set on a hill and the light of the world

Revelation 21:17
And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Last edited:

cataway

you still don't get it. god isn't somewhere else or in another place. God is omnipresent because the name states it, I AM in the Father and the Father is in me. nothing exists apart from god but everything exists in god, Jeremiah 23:24

I AM man, man is I AM. this is the revelation of the son of man and son of god.

an angel, a man, a city set on a hill and the light of the world

Revelation 21:17
And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
i am is a statement of being . as you will recall Jehovah went on to prove that he is real and that he is really the most high true God. no other god could check his hand ,no other god is real .

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
i am is a statement of being . as you will recall Jehovah went on to prove that he is real and that he is really the most high true God. no other god could check his hand ,no other god is real .
as stated that apart from god nothing exists because all is god

what do you not understand of this?

why do you keep dividing god up. god isn't here but there, god isn't there but here. god is not here nor there but everywhere because the name states it I am being all beings

is it not written that which is divided will fall? if you are divided against god, will you not fail?

cataway

as stated that apart from god nothing exists because all is god

what do you not understand of this?

why do you keep dividing god up. god isn't here but there, god isn't there but here. god is not here nor there but everywhere because the name states it I am being all beings

is it not written that which is divided will fall? if you are divided against god, will you not fail?
you are wanting to believe God is omnipresent ? he is not

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
you are wanting to believe God is omnipresent ? he is not
No I showed you multiple verses stating that God is. Is and being are present tense. God doesn't come in to or out of being.

The watch tower can't profit from what it can't control, can it?

Last edited:

cataway

No I showed you multiple verses stating that God is. Is and being are present tense. God doesn't come in to or out of being.

The watch tower can't profit from what it can't control, can it?
only Exodus 3:14 comes close to saying what you are wanting it to say .
I AM WHAT I AM is really not a great way to describe what was said . i can see why your confused . after alI ,I AM is not the name of the most high God
BTW you missed a few i am's ,theres about 1400 in the bible

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
only Exodus 3:14 comes close to saying what you are wanting it to say .
I AM WHAT I AM is really not a great way to describe what was said . i can see why your confused . after alI ,I AM is not the name of the most high God
BTW you missed a few i am's ,theres about 1400 in the bible
John 14:20 also tells you God is present in man.

Colossians 3:11 tells you Christ is present in all

1 John 4:12 again God in us

And yet the watchtower , or christians, try to pimp God out as something they have control over, or exclusive rights to, right?

Those who can't control God, can't profit can they?

And yet they would nullify the law just to Lord over others?

cataway

John 14:20 also tells you God is present in man.

Colossians 3:11 tells you Christ is present in all

1 John 4:12 again God in us

And yet the watchtower , or christians, try to pimp God out as something they have control over, or exclusive rights to, right?

Those who can't control God, can't profit can they?

And yet they would nullify the law just to Lord over others?
profit ? you thinking a JW somewhere is getting rich ?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
profit ? you thinking a JW somewhere is getting rich ?
You're trying to sell me on the fact that you and your kind have the road map to God and it goes solely through Christianity.

The earth dwells in heaven and not separate from it.

Revelation 12:12

Guess who

cataway

You're trying to sell me on the fact that you and your kind have the road map to God and it goes solely through Christianity.

The earth dwells in heaven and not separate from it.

Revelation 12:12

Guess who
lets see ,there is one God ,history shows he has only ever wanted things done his one way . which means there is only one way to please him.
yes there is only one road to God .BTW its a narrow road and few are finding it

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
is matthew 24:40 about helping helping people or is it about judgment ?
we know there is no rapture, so there's no one ''left behind'' as the rapture believers would like to believe happens to the abandoned ones.
if they are given up on, where are they?? apparently still living ?
is 24:40 during the time of pa·rou·siʹa (presence)? or is it finally at the time of Jesus’ coming to execute God’s vengeance? at some point there is that time of ''coming to execute God’s vengeance'' . would it look any different to see one dead and one left to live on into the kingdom arrangement .
i cant help but to hear'' thousands will be falling'' .song 49 (from Psalms 91:7-8)

As there was judgement in Noah's day - Matthew 24:37-39 - there will be judgement at the coming ' time of separation on Earth' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' will have a favorable judgement.
The figurative haughty ' goats ' will have an adverse judgement.
The 'goats' are the abandoned ones who will Not live to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
As Noah came through the Flood, the ' sheep ' will come through the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
- www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No I showed you multiple verses stating that God is. Is and being are present tense. God doesn't come in to or out of being...........

Of course, God is from everlasting to everlasting - Psalms 90:2 ( always Being )
But that does Not mean: omnipresent.
God's sends forth His spirit to accomplish His will - Psalms 104:30.
Plus, God has a home address according to 1 Kings 8:39,49 - However No ZIP code is listed.
www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Actually, it says they will reign ON the Earth. Why would they go to heaven if Christ is here?
26And I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary among them forever. 27My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28Then the nations will know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is among them forever.’”
21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, with each gate consisting of a single pearl. The main street of the city was pure gold, as pure as transparent glass. 22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp.

I am wondering if you are saying in the Greek it says reign ON Earth ________________
In the Greek/English Interlinear at Revelation 20:6
' Happy and holy the (ones) having part in the resurrection the first, upon these (ones) the second death not is having authority, but they will be priests of the God and the Christ, and they will reign with him the thousand years.
Christ reigns over Earth from Heaven along with those of Revelation 2:10; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 20:6.
Remember: the world would see Jesus No more -> John 16:10; John 14:19. See the earthly Jesus No more.
So, heavenly Christ is Not here in a literal sense but reigns from heaven - Hebrews 9:24; Revelation 3:21,12
Revelation 5:10 from the Greek - .... and they are reigning 'upon' the earth.
So, from heavenly thrones they reign down heavenly blessings 'upon' the Earth.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course, God is from everlasting to everlasting - Psalms 90:2 ( always Being )
But that does Not mean: omnipresent.
God's sends forth His spirit to accomplish His will - Psalms 104:30.
Plus, God has a home address according to 1 Kings 8:39,49 - However No ZIP code is listed.
www.jw.org

jeremiah 23:24 claims god is omnipresent. again nothing can exist apart from god, there is no otherness isaiah 45:5

again, you are a person who has divided themselves against god.

earth doesn't dwell apart from heaven. earth dwells within heaven

allow me to explain how god is obviously omnipresent, please.

if you say god doesn't exist here, or there, then god has limits, god is delimited. god everlasting to everlasting can't have limits; otherwise god can't be infinite, boundless.

your god has limits. the god doesn't. your god is bound to place and time.

jesus even explains to you that in god's house there are many mansions. these mansions can't exist anywhere else. he tells you that he will come to you so that you can be where he is. God NOW.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
lets see ,there is one God ,history shows he has only ever wanted things done his one way . which means there is only one way to please him.
yes there is only one road to God .BTW its a narrow road and few are finding it
the Way isn't trying to lord over others and to create hierarchies, principalities, and such.

neither to the left, or the right, but straight and narrow is the Way of Love Unconditional. this is why it is so difficult for a rich man to enter heaven.

luke 12:15

life consists in abundance only with love/light

cataway

As there was judgement in Noah's day - Matthew 24:37-39 - there will be judgement at the coming ' time of separation on Earth' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' will have a favorable judgement.
The figurative haughty ' goats ' will have an adverse judgement.
The 'goats' are the abandoned ones who will Not live to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
As Noah came through the Flood, the ' sheep ' will come through the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
- www.jw.org
i am going to hesitate at referring to sheep or goats . why??
,because people get hungup on it. Jesus was not saying one person is a goat or that one is a sheep . that was not the illustration Jesus was giving . he was showing that his separating work was '' like '' or similar to the things a shepherd does ''if'' the shepherd does not want the two different animals together.
ultimately the separating, is the taking out the bad people. with the good people remaining on the earth. how ever you look at it its the good that run free of death

Last edited:

Etritonakin

I am wondering if you are saying in the Greek it says reign ON Earth ________________
In the Greek/English Interlinear at Revelation 20:6
' Happy and holy the (ones) having part in the resurrection the first, upon these (ones) the second death not is having authority, but they will be priests of the God and the Christ, and they will reign with him the thousand years.
Christ reigns over Earth from Heaven along with those of Revelation 2:10; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 20:6.
Remember: the world would see Jesus No more -> John 16:10; John 14:19. See the earthly Jesus No more.
So, heavenly Christ is Not here in a literal sense but reigns from heaven - Hebrews 9:24; Revelation 3:21,12
Revelation 5:10 from the Greek - .... and they are reigning 'upon' the earth.
So, from heavenly thrones they reign down heavenly blessings 'upon' the Earth.

Reign down?
Christ returns -from heaven -to Earth -in the manner described in Zech 14 -and stays -dwells with humans. You can study other scriptures which makes this clear if you are of a mind to do so.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i am going to hesitate at referring to sheep or goats . why??
,because people get hung up on it. Jesus was not saying one person is a goat or that one is a sheep . that was not the illustration Jesus was giving . he was showing that his separating work was '' like '' or similar to the things a shepherd does ''if'' the shepherd does not want the two different animals together.
ultimately the separating, is the taking out the bad people. with the good people remaining on the earth. how ever you look at it its the good that run free of death
I don't recall anyone thinking the illustration about the figurative humble sheep and the figurative haughty goats is that people are saying that Jesus calls or thinks of people as literal sheep or literal goats.
But I will keep that in mind.
Jesus is the figurative shepherd, and the figurative ' sheep ' hear and follow Jesus' voice (Scripture).
So, I would Not hesitate to referring to the soon coming ' time of separation on Earth ' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37.
I would think a person could consider it a compliment to be one of Jesus' figurative ' sheep '.- Luke 15:4-7