• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 24:40-42 and Paying the Piedpiper

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
the meek will inherit the universe ? i have no reason to believe man will ever leave the earth
Since new scrolls (books) will be opened during Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth, then at that time we will learn more about could there be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
Since the 'sin issue' will be settled here on Earth, that could open the door for intelligent (and meek) life to be elsewhere other than just on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
the kingdom of God is at hand is not future tense.
Luke 6:40................
Why stop reading at Luke 6:40 when Jesus definitely places the kingdom as future at Luke 19:11-15.
Notice the words, ' Not immediately appear.....'
God's royal government (thy kingdom come) is future as per Daniel 2:44.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
if god destroyed the temple in jerusalem, what do you think he'll do to the watch tower and its leading the sheep astray?

True, Jesus foretold the destruction of the temple, and his God did use the Roman armies as His Arm of the Law.
If you want to know what He will do to the Watchtower see: www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God did not destroy the temple. thats something the Romans did . please read the bible
Yes, agree the Roman armies did destroy un-faithful Jerusalem and its temple in the year 70.
However, as in the past, God even used the Babylonians against his un-faithful people for 70 years.
So, God's long-arm-of-the-law was carried out by the Roman armies.
This pattern shows that God will once again use the 'political' world as His Arm of the Law to carry out His justice.
- www.jw.org

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why stop reading at Luke 6:40 when Jesus definitely places the kingdom as future at Luke 19:11-15.
Notice the words, ' Not immediately appear.....'
God's royal government (thy kingdom come) is future as per Daniel 2:44.
God is omnipresent not future, not past.

These are arnion. John 21:15

And for those not resurrected, yes it would be in the future

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is nearly impossible for MAN to leave the Earth in any practical, feasible -much less enjoyable -way.
Humans will continue to reproduce on Earth -and will continue to be made immortal -given a body which is not bound to Earth.
Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.
John 3:4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Only reproduce until Earth is full, Earth is populated (Not over full Not over populated ) - Genesis 1:28
Adam and Eve and their descendants were to only reproduce until Earth was populated. Earth was full.
After all, I find they were designed to live forever on Earth. A forever earthly home.
Not being immortal (self contained) but live forever by eating, and breathing, etc. and obeying God.
Yes, to the 'increase of his government and peace there will be No end' .
No end to Jesus' earthly subjects or citizens of God's kingdom - Psalms 72:8,12-14

cataway

Your picture has nothing to do with the subject of the thread or the idea of resurrection
that's right it has nothing to do with the resurrection of the dead. it does how ever show that you have been indoctrinated to a point that you cannot except what really happened .
what am i asking, but for you to study the bible and have that aha moment where you all of a sudden relies you had it wrong.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
that's right it has nothing to do with the resurrection of the dead. it does how ever show that you have been indoctrinated to a point that you cannot except what really happened .
what am i asking, but for you to study the bible and have that aha moment where you all of a sudden relies you had it wrong.
i'm not an exclusive christian. you're confused. christians, buddhists, hindus, moslems and even atheists practice what I AM. most humans practice it, some more than others.

god doesn't exist in watch towers made of hands. god creates the place in which it dwells and fills it up.

jeremiah 23:24
psalms 127:1-2

we came into this world and will be removed with what we brought and nothing more.

it is vanity to think that god didn't create everything and that one has god's ear exclusively

Last edited:

cataway

...and whose bodies but the bodies of the wicked dead - Jeremiah 25:33
This is in fullfillment of Revelation 19:17-18.

The ones 'left 'are the 'abandoned ones' according to Matthew 24:40-41 The left ones are ' let go off ' ones.
Like Noah, the ones taken are taken through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
This ties in nicely with Matthew 25:41-43 with the figurative ' goats ' being on the 'left ' with everlasting consequences.
is matthew 24:40 about helping helping people or is it about judgment ?
we know there is no rapture, so there's no one ''left behind'' as the rapture believers would like to believe happens to the abandoned ones.
if they are given up on, where are they?? apparently still living ?
is 24:40 during the time of pa·rou·siʹa (presence)? or is it finally at the time of Jesus’ coming to execute God’s vengeance? at some point there is that time of ''coming to execute God’s vengeance'' . would it look any different to see one dead and one left to live on into the kingdom arrangement .
i cant help but to hear'' thousands will be falling'' .song 49 (from Psalms 91:7-8)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
slipping around the question......just a little bit

it's not an event that takes place in an instant

it makes a brief scenario of similar life style
followed by a parting of ways

in other words......
you might find yourself standing where you fell
and the person beside you continues onward

even though it seems you shared the same life
shared the same labor
grew old together

the gesture of life and living might appear the same
but the motivation within will make the difference

cataway

i'm not an exclusive christian. you're confused. christians, buddhists, hindus, moslems and even atheists practice what I AM. most humans practice it, some more than others.

god doesn't exist in watch towers made of hands. god creates the place in which it dwells and fills it up.

jeremiah 23:24
psalms 127:1-2

we came into this world and will be removed with what we brought and nothing more.

it is vanity to think that god didn't create everything and that one has god's ear exclusively
that does explain your confusion

cataway

slipping around the question......just a little bit

it's not an event that takes place in an instant

it makes a brief scenario of similar life style
followed by a parting of ways

in other words......
you might find yourself standing where you fell
and the person beside you continues onward

even though it seems you shared the same life
shared the same labor
grew old together

the gesture of life and living might appear the same
but the motivation within will make the difference
yes the pa·rou·siʹa (presence) is not a instant event . but what of Jesus coming to execute God’s vengeance ? Psalms 91:7-8

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
that does explain your confusion

and yet you don't know the name.

you worship what you know not, or believe. we worship what we know.

right here. right now. you're standing in your own way because it isn't about you, nor the watchtower, nor a careful observation.

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Etritonakin

The first or earlier resurrection is for people like those of Luke 22:28-30 who have a heavenly calling- Revelation 20:6
Those first resurrected people (Daniel 7:18) have two (2) heavenly jobs to do:
They will serve mankind who live on Earth, who have a later earthly resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
Job # 1 as " Kings " in that they will serve mankind living on Earth taking care of governmental responsibilities.
Job # 2 as " Priests " they will serve mankind living on Earth by taking care of spiritual duties - Revelation 5:9-10.
So, for a thousand years they will reign in heaven with Christ over a beautiful paradisical Earth.
Over the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as promised at Psalms 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
Actually, it says they will reign ON the Earth. Why would they go to heaven if Christ is here?

26And I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary among them forever. 27My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28Then the nations will know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is among them forever.’”

21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, with each gate consisting of a single pearl. The main street of the city was pure gold, as pure as transparent glass. 22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Actually, it says they will reign ON the Earth. Why would they go to heaven if Christ is here?

26And I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary among them forever. 27My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28Then the nations will know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is among them forever.’”

21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, with each gate consisting of a single pearl. The main street of the city was pure gold, as pure as transparent glass. 22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp.

john 14:20

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

the tabernacle of god is the temple of the body and the shekinah dwells within it.

ecclesiastes 12:7

i am the light of the world, a city set on a hill

Last edited:

cataway

14 “Do not let YOUR hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God, exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told YOU, because I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be. 4 And where I am going YOU know the way.” sure does sound like he is taking them to heaven

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
are you speaking of, I AM as in
''I AM THAT I AM.”
I AM that is my name revelation 3:5

that is the name of the father in the forehead of the 144,000. revelation 14:1

that is the name that self was to be immersed in matthew 28:19

that is the name that is mentioned in the lord's prayer matthew 6:9

that is where two or three are gathered. matthew 18:20

that is the name the demons submit to luke 10:17