• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 24:40-42 and Paying the Piedpiper

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
yeah ... hell is just a hole the living dig to put dead bodies in to . mid heaven is as high as any thing could go and go on living . its for the flyers
some are dug holes walking. the first death is the spirit being buried/born in the flesh.
it isn't a resurrection of the flesh.

pingpongpal

I believe Matthew 24: 40-42 is talking about when the Romans came in the land of Israel. The Romans killed many people fulfilling the prophecy Jesus said in verses 40-42. In Matthew 22:7 Jesus says, " But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire." The King is Jesus who sent his armies to destroyed the first century Jews who crucified the messiah. To further bolster my argument Jesus says in Matthew 24: 34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. What He prophecied took place according to the Bible and according to Josephus. Notice also that the pronoun that Jesus uses in Matthew 24 is you not they except for verse 30: And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the land will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. The reason Jesus uses the pronoun, they, in verse 30 is that according to Josephus the Jews inside Jerusalem when it was under siege in 70 AD saw armies in the clouds. Since Jesus told the disciples to get out of Jerusalem when armies surrounded Jerusalem, the disciples would not have seen the armies in the clouds because they would not have been inside Jerusalem at that time. But the other events in which Jesus prophecied by using the pronoun, you, the disciples experienced.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
what makes you think its a rapture ?? its not speaking of rapture but of a passing of judgment.
in this case, one taken means they are killed. the other is left to live on.
AMP Bible "At that time two men will be in the field; one will be taken [for judgment] and one will be left."
Well, I must admit the ^ above ^ is different in reading comprehension.
Right, I agree No rapture because Scripture teaches resurrection - Revelation 20:6
Noah was taken and Noah was Not killed. Taken away or taken along from that violent world of evil.
So, if one wants to take that as a judgement, then it was a 'favorable judgement' for Noah & Co.
The ones 'left' (KJV) from the Greek is from the words: ' let go off '
In other words, the ones ' left ' are the 'abandoned' ones. - Luke 17:34-35.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
some are dug holes walking. the first death is the spirit being buried/born in the flesh. it isn't a resurrection of the flesh.
I find the resurrection 'in' the flesh ( meaning a physical happy-and-healthy resurrection ) that takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth. No already-dead bodies needed for resurrecting.
That millennial time is when ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

cataway

Well, I must admit the ^ above ^ is different in reading comprehension.
Right, I agree No rapture because Scripture teaches resurrection - Revelation 20:6
Noah was taken and Noah was Not killed. Taken away or taken along from that violent world of evil.
So, if one wants to take that as a judgement, then it was a 'favorable judgement' for Noah & Co.
The ones 'left' (KJV) from the Greek is from the words: ' let go off '
In other words, the ones ' left ' are the 'abandoned' ones. - Luke 17:34-35.
do you hunt ? if you do or do not really is not the question . its do you understand what happens ?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
do you hunt ? if you do or do not really is not the question . its do you understand what happens ?
cataway, could you please give more information as to 'do you understand what happens' ?
To me the ones left are the abandoned ones.
The ones taken are taken ( guided along ) to be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.

cataway

cataway, could you please give more information as to 'do you understand what happens' ?
To me the ones left are the abandoned ones.
The ones taken are taken ( guided along ) to be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
in hunting there is the taking of game, its killed . if its deer it could be that there are several to choose from . which one gets taken is really up to the hunter. he takes the one he wants .the others are let go. they live on. 24:42
"Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
i read it and cant help but hear is say, dont get taken. just like the deer that should of stayed hidden

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
in hunting there is the taking of game, its killed . if its deer it could be that there are several to choose from . which one gets taken is really up to the hunter. he takes the one he wants .the others are let go. they live on. 24:42
"Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
i read it and cant help but hear is say, don't get taken. just like the deer that should of stayed hidden
Thank you for your reply.
I find Noah was taken. Taken to live on, Not killed. Taken to be saved/delivered/rescued through the Flood.
Even today we can speak of a person being taken away to safety. Taken away to be protected.
At the presence of the Son of man -Matthew 24:39 - like the people of Noah's day who took No note, so are many today.
So, the comparison of people at Matthew 24:40-41 is about being either taken along or being left.
'Left' as in from the Greek ' let go off ' ( aka in English: abandoned )
In other words, from the Greek/English Interlinear the word in English 'left ' is ' let go off ' or abandoned.

When a hunter shoots into a flock of birds he could very well hit one but that does Not mean exactly which one.
Sure, with a deer that could very well be different which one gets killed is by choice.
So, it will be at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The ones taken safely through the great tribulation is by Jesus' choice, the rest are 'let go off' (abandoned to destruction).
Those figurative humble 'sheep ' will be hidden according to Isaiah 26:20 to be saved/delivered/rescued.

cataway

Thank you for your reply.
I find Noah was taken. Taken to live on, Not killed. Taken to be saved/delivered/rescued through the Flood.
Even today we can speak of a person being taken away to safety. Taken away to be protected.
At the presence of the Son of man -Matthew 24:39 - like the people of Noah's day who took No note, so are many today.
So, the comparison of people at Matthew 24:40-41 is about being either taken along or being left.
'Left' as in from the Greek ' let go off ' ( aka in English: abandoned )
In other words, from the Greek/English Interlinear the word in English 'left ' is ' let go off ' or abandoned.

When a hunter shoots into a flock of birds he could very well hit one but that does Not mean exactly which one.
Sure, with a deer that could very well be different which one gets killed is by choice.
So, it will be at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The ones taken safely through the great tribulation is by Jesus' choice, the rest are 'let go off' (abandoned to destruction).
Those figurative humble 'sheep ' will be hidden according to Isaiah 26:20 to be saved/delivered/rescued.
i do appreciate what yo are saying i have told my self the same things your saying time and time again. yes, Noah was saved through the flood. yet he did die about 350 years after the flood.

what about Eʹnoch ?
. 24" Eʹnoch kept walking with the true God. Then he was no more, for God took him." it was not a judgement. it appears that he was just blip'ed out of existence .

Last edited:

Etritonakin

Matthew 24:40-42

what is it that seizes them vs leaves them behind. what raptures them and why?

raptor | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

lets not get carried away with drama. behold had the spirit of your temple known what hour the shekinah was coming, you would have left a light in the Oeil-de-boeuf of motel 6???

i got you baby

The dead in Christ (the body returns to dust and the spirit to God -though as asleep -knowing not the passage of time until resurrected) -will be raised first at the last trump -at the return of Christ -and the living in Christ will be caught up with them in the air....

and made immortal then.

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Though caught up in the air and made immortal, they will then inherit the Earth -reign on Earth with Christ (then outward into the entire creation)

cataway

The dead in Christ (the body returns to dust and the spirit to God -though as asleep -knowing not the passage of time until resurrected) -will be raised first at the last trump -at the return of Christ -and the living in Christ will be caught up with them in the air....

and made immortal then.

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Though caught up in the air and made immortal, they will then inherit the Earth -reign on Earth with Christ (then outward into the entire creation)
ah so they get to go to heaven and then get kicked out and have to go back to the earth ?

74x12

The ones left are saved. The ones taken are apparently ... dead.

Luke 17:37
And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

and made immortal then.

the passage explains that both pair are in the body and basically alive on earth. why would you want to raise the body up at the last day; when the flesh counts for nothing?

aren't you confusing regeneration with resurrection?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The ones left are saved. The ones taken are apparently ... dead.

Luke 17:37
And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
then how do the dead bury the dead? obviously the body is still mobile in some; so then what is dead if it's not speaking of the body, the flesh?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Although I'm as near to certain as I can be that it's not true, I think the idea of the Rapture is beguiling in the extreme: to wake up tomorrow and find all the fundies had gone, gee!