• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 15:24, what does it mean to you?

Faithofchristian

How about we go with the seeming usual interpretation, since that is what some Bibles seem to be saying, that 'yoheshua', whoever that is, is only sent to the 'lost sheep of Israel', of which, I'm not.

That discussion premise is fairly plain.

Can you explain exactly what makes you think that your not lost.
Seeing how your doing the same thing as following man's teachings, and not the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Let's see, Christ Jesus said he is only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

These not actual sheep. As may think.

Now notice carefully, that Christ Jesus did not include everyone in Israel as lost sheep.

Only those in Israel that are being lead astray by the teachings of the Pharisees and Scribes

As Christ Jesus pointed out in
Matthew 23:13---"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in"

Because of the Pharisees and Scribes many people, but not all the people of Israel were being lead astray by the Pharisees and Scribes teachings

To these Christ Jesus was sent to. being lead astray by the teachings of the Pharisees and Scribes teachings.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Well you got that much right, seeing you haven't a clue or idea what your talking about in anything.

Let's see, Christ Jesus said he is only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

These not actual sheep. As may think.

Now notice carefully, that Christ Jesus did not include everyone in Israel as lost sheep.

Only those in Israel that are being lead astray by the teachings of the Pharisees and Scribes

As Christ Jesus pointed out in
Matthew 23:13---"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in"

Because of the Pharisees and Scribes many people, but not all the people of Israel were being lead astray by the Pharisees and Scribes teachings

To these Christ Jesus was sent to. being lead astray by the teachings of the Pharisees and Scribes teachings.

Jesus didn't condemn all Pharisees.. He was a Pharisee.

sooda

Veteran Member
1st Kings 22:17 And he said, I have seen all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep that have no shepherd.

Jer 50:17 Israel is scattered sheep, driven away by lions. First, the king of Assyria devoured him, and last, this King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon . . .

Jer 50:6 My people are lost sheep. Their shepherds have caused them to go astray; they turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place.

Matthew 15:24-26 24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25The woman came and knelt before him. "LORD, help me!" she said. 26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

Matthew 10:5-7 5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, proclaim this message: 'The kingdom of heaven has come near.'

Faithofchristian

Jesus didn't condemn all Pharisees.. He was a Pharisee.

Jesus was not a Pharisees. Where in the world do you get that or better yet you told you that.
Well it just goes to show why Christ Jesus condemned the teachings of man's.

In Matthew 15:7-9---"
7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Notice in Verse 8 Jesus said ( and honours me with their lips)
This means Jesus does not want people's lip service,
In other words don't speak things to Jesus and not follow through. Otherwise all people will be doing is giving Jesus lip service. Saying things and not follow through what they will say.

sooda

Veteran Member
Jesus was not a Pharisees. Where in the world do you get that or better yet you told you that.
Well it just goes to show why Christ Jesus condemned the teachings of man's.

In Matthew 15:7-9---"
7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Notice in Verse 8 Jesus said ( and honours me with their lips)
This means Jesus does not want people's lip service,
In other words don't speak things to Jesus and not follow through. Otherwise all people will be doing is giving Jesus lip service. Saying things and not follow through what they will say.

Jesus didn't condemn ALL Pharisees.. just those at the synagogue.

Pharisees taught in parables, were refereed to as "Rabbi", had a trade, started their ministry around the age of 30 and relied on the authority of their mentor to speak (which is why Jesus was asked by whose authority do you speak? Note that was like asking who mentored you?)

Saul/Paul was also a Pharisee before his conversion. I have also read that Jesus was a Hillel Pharisee, but I don't understand that well enough to comment.

Faithofchristian

Jesus didn't condemn ALL Pharisees.. just those at the synagogue.

Pharisees taught in parables, were refereed to as "Rabbi", had a trade, started their ministry around the age of 30 and relied on the authority of their mentor to speak (which is why Jesus was asked by whose authority do you speak? Note that was like asking who mentored you?)

Saul/Paul was also a Pharisee before his conversion. I have also read that Jesus was a Hillel Pharisee, but I don't understand that well enough to comment.

Can you produce one book in the new testament of the bible what book and chapter and verses where it's written Jesus as being a Pharisees as you say Jesus is.

sooda

Veteran Member
Can you produce one book in the new testament of the bible what book and chapter and verses where it's written Jesus as being a Pharisees as you say Jesus is.

The conflict that Jesus had with the Pharisees was NOT because they were Pharisees ( most were) it was because that particular group were snooty hypocrites.

Nicodemus, the highest ranking Pharisee and highest teacher actually referred to Jesus as teacher..

Joseph of Arimathea was a very wealthy Pharisee.

It was Joseph who went to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion. And it was Joseph who supplied the tomb for Jesus’ burial.

Faithofchristian

The conflict that Jesus had with the Pharisees was NOT because they were Pharisees ( most were) it was because that particular group were snooty hypocrites.

Nicodemus, the highest ranking Pharisee and highest teacher actually referred to Jesus as teacher..

Joseph of Arimathea was a very wealthy Pharisee.

It was Joseph who went to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion. And it was Joseph who supplied the tomb for Jesus’ burial.

But had you read in the book of John that Jesus spoke many things to Nicodemus that Nicodemus as a Pharisees couldn't answer,
A person would think since Nicodemus is a Pharisees and supposedly is to know the scriptures better than anyone else but couldn't even give Jesus answer on things that Jesus presented to Nicodemus.

Such as in the book of John 3:9-10

9--" Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Now seeing that Nicodemus is master of Israel, of knowing the scriptures better than anyone else, but yet Nicodemus being a Pharisees, couldn' explain the things that Jesus presented to Nicodemus.

It's was these Pharisees that Jesus condemned for not knowing the scriptures themselves, but yet would tell the people things that they ( Pharisees ) had no idea about themselves.

sooda

Veteran Member
But had you read in the book of John that Jesus spoke many things to Nicodemus that Nicodemus as a Pharisees couldn't answer,
A person would think since Nicodemus is a Pharisees and supposedly is to know the scriptures better than anyone else but couldn't even give Jesus answer on things that Jesus presented to Nicodemus.

Such as in the book of John 3:9-10

9--" Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Now seeing that Nicodemus is master of Israel, of knowing the scriptures better than anyone else, but yet Nicodemus being a Pharisees, couldn' explain the things that Jesus presented to Nicodemus.

It's was these Pharisees that Jesus condemned for not knowing the scriptures themselves, but yet would tell the people things that they ( Pharisees ) had no idea about themselves.

What does any of that have to do with Jesus? Do you think all Pharisees were equal in knowledge?