• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 15:24, what does it mean to you?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Matthew 15:24

Although I study the writings concerning Jesus, so forth, and do believe that there is a religious aspect , a Spiritual religious aspect to concerning Jesus,

I do not consider myself a 'lost sheep of Israel'.

Now, what does this verse, mean to you?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Another interpretation of this might be, 'I am not sent only unto the lost sheep of Israel'.
Another interpretation, presenting itself, is that Jesus is contextually referring to, in this instance, 'the lost sheep of Israel', in other words, the context actually is referring to the lost sheep of Israel, not the opposite, or drawing a distinction somehow.

Compare and contrast John 14:6

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

If in the One who wonders inside the living, will one see in whom sees for to believe in being. With one in now becoming the whom in the living! And ‘the whom’ will ‘the one’ then being in lost in the living!

David T

Premium Member
“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

If in the One who wonders inside the living, will one see in whom sees for to believe in being. With one in now becoming the whom in the living! And ‘the whom’ will ‘the one’ then being in lost in the living!
Matthew 15:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

King James Version (KJV)

Not difficult. Although it is 180 degrees from many christians perspective in their hyper rabid psychotic need for exclusiveness. But hey thats normal!

PruePhillip

I don't have an idea of what you are talking about. But this language is certainly
the antithesis of anything Jesus said. He was more down to the prosaic business
of ethical living. Read Matthew 5,6 and 7.

Workman

UNIQUE
Matthew 15:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

King James Version (KJV)

Not difficult. Although it is 180 degrees from many christians perspective in their hyper rabid psychotic need for exclusiveness. But hey thats normal!
I am truly sorry for my sharing in a understanding to another has impacted in your being! Pls do carry on with your living my friend

Workman

UNIQUE
There is a difference between ‘the living’ and to ‘live for’..in ones scripture says “there is no reward for the living”

If you are to live life believing in your own desires: you become for “the living”
Where is to “live for” is different,
You have faith in your god and walk in the teachings. You then will be rewarded

Workman

UNIQUE
I don't have an idea of what you are talking about. But this language is certainly
the antithesis of anything Jesus said. He was more down to the prosaic business
of ethical living. Read Matthew 5,6 and 7.
Sorry I should have been more clear before with wordings!
Believe it or not! Everyone has two sides of himself.
1. (One)True side(which you allow to your most love ones)
2.(whom) which you walk out of home front door(loved ones)..

Today’s problem is one cannot walk out of his home and show his deepest true being to the many that’s outside!

Going back to that Matthew 15
It’s message was giving to ones self to not surrender to the (whom). For he will be lost in the true one

PruePhillip

Sorry I should have been more clear before with wordings!
Believe it or not! Everyone has two sides of himself.
1. (One)True side(which you allow to your most love ones)
2.(whom) which you walk out of home front door(loved ones)..

Today’s problem is one cannot walk out of his home and show his deepest true being to the many that’s outside!

Going back to that Matthew 15
It’s message was giving to ones self to not surrender to the (whom). For he will be lost in the true one

Do you think Jesus had two sides to himself?

Faithofchristian

Matthew 15:24

Although I study the writings concerning Jesus, so forth, and do believe that there is a religious aspect , a Spiritual religious aspect to concerning Jesus,

I do not consider myself a 'lost sheep of Israel'.

Now, what does this verse, mean to you?

Maybe before you ask others, maybe you should explain what it means to you first.

sooda

Veteran Member
Another interpretation of this might be, 'I am not sent only unto the lost sheep of Israel'.
Another interpretation, presenting itself, is that Jesus is contextually referring to, in this instance, 'the lost sheep of Israel', in other words, the context actually is referring to the lost sheep of Israel, not the opposite, or drawing a distinction somehow.

Compare and contrast John 14:6

1st Kings 22:17 And he said, I have seen all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep that have no shepherd.

Jer 50:17 Israel is scattered sheep, driven away by lions. First, the king of Assyria devoured him, and last, this King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon . . .

Jer 50:6 My people are lost sheep. Their shepherds have caused them to go astray; they turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place.

Workman

UNIQUE
But Jesus, speaking of his disciples in John's Gospel asked
God "that they may be one as we are one."
So that's the Father, the Son and the disciples, no?
Your absolutely right!
God is only The one,
And created by three parts.
Jesus represents the heart Whereis The Father does not.
Jesus..is the (Heart)
Father.. is the (Mind)
Holy Spirit/Disciple..is the (Understanding)

We as One have all three, but fail greeting them together in one.
If one does not have the heart nor the mind for it,
And one will not have the understanding of it.

PruePhillip

Your absolutely right!
God is only The one,
And created by three parts.
Jesus represents the heart Whereis The Father does not.
Jesus..is the (Heart)
Father.. is the (Mind)
Holy Spirit/Disciple..is the (Understanding)

We as One have all three, but fail greeting them together in one.
If one does not have the heart nor the mind for it,
And one will not have the understanding of it.

It's off-topic but this business of God being made of three parts
is so stupid. That comes from Constantine, the guy who had no
idea. The guy who murdered his own family.

Here's a list of my own trinities

God, Lord and Heavenly Father = Trinity 1
Father, Son and Holy Ghost = Trinity 2
Spirit, Water, and the Blood = Trinity 3
Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost = Trinity 4
The spirit and soul and body = Trinity 5
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob = Trinity 6
God the Father, God the Mother, God the Son. Nazarene & Muslim = Trinity 7
God, Lord and Heavenly Father = Trinity 8
God, the Son and the Disciples = Trinity 9
The one, the intellect and the soul = Greek Trinity 10
God was, God is and God will always be = Revelation Trinity 11

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Maybe before you ask others, maybe you should explain what it means to you first.
How about we go with the seeming usual interpretation, since that is what some Bibles seem to be saying, that 'yoheshua', whoever that is, is only sent to the 'lost sheep of Israel', of which, I'm not.

That discussion premise is fairly plain.