• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Hancock Resignation

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Conservative Only.

Matt Hancock, for those who don't know, is the former UK Health Secretary. Former as of today. He resigned as he was caught on video putting hands on his secretary, basically having an affair. He's married and has children.

What, as conservatives, do you think should be done in such circumstances? For me this would be an instant dismissal. His did this during work hours in the office.

Edit: Yes I'm very punitive :D

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Conservative Only.

Matt Hancock, for those who don't know, is the former UK Health Secretary. Former as of today. He resigned as he was caught on video putting hands on his secretary, basically having an affair. He's married and has children.

What, as conservatives, do you think should be done in such circumstances? For me this would be an instant dismissal. His did this during work hours in the office.

Edit: Yes I'm very punitive :D
It depends upon whether he lied to the public about it, and it depends upon how important his honesty is to the public and whether you can get someone more honest to replace him. It also depends upon if he's an elected official.

In the USA we fried Bill Clinton over his affair, but I think this was bad strategy and an amoral way to handle it. His wife never sued him over it, so we interfered in their relationship dragging the whole country through a lot of unnecessary and expensive paperwork. Fact is it should only have mattered at election time.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It depends upon whether he lied to the public about it, and it depends upon how important his honesty is to the public and whether you can get someone more honest to replace him. It also depends upon if he's an elected official.

In the USA we fried Bill Clinton over his affair, but I think this was bad strategy and an amoral way to handle it. His wife never sued him over it, so we interfered in their relationship dragging the whole country through a lot of unnecessary and expensive paperwork. Fact is it should only have mattered at election time.
Another issue is he broke his own rules re social distancing and mask wearing.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just don't appreciate how desensitised we have become to this. If that were my spouse there'd be a divorce incoming. Adultery is no small matter, yet we all wave our hands at it. When a government official does it in public view it seems doubly heinous.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, that calls for the person's dismissal. That is degenerate behavior and inappropriate for work hours, at the very least.