• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Math test.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
@Stevicus
I like your answer. It is like that old riddle, how many legs does a dog have if we say the tail is another leg?

But, although I like your answer, I ask, is there any other possible answer you could think of?

@We Never Know
Interesting. I am not saying you are wrong, I am not saying you are right. But how did you come up with "30"?

@Left Coast and @Subduction Zone
Are you sure?

I am going to bed now. Goodnight.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Stevicus
I like your answer. It is like that old riddle, how many legs does a dog have if we say the tail is another leg?

But, although I like your answer, I ask, is there any other possible answer you could think of?

@We Never Know
Interesting. I am not saying you are wrong, I am not saying you are right. But how did you come up with "30"?

Are you sure?

There is often more than one answer to these sorts of questions. So you may be using a different algorithm. This is the result of the first one that came to my mind. I will put the equation into a spoiler:

y = x*(x+1)

I am not going to declare any other answer wrong.

We Never Know

No Slack
@Stevicus

@We Never Know

Are you sure?

To answer your question
5=30
4=20
3=12

But if you leave out 4 and 5
6=42
3=30

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
@Stevicus

@We Never Know

Are you sure?

18?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
@Stevicus @We Never Know @Left Coast @Subduction Zone @icehorse @Altfish @RestlessSoul @Curious George @exchemist @lewisnotmiller @Aštra’el @ChristineM @Mock Turtle @Jayhawker Soule

Thanks to all who replied. You have all been participating (against your will of course) in a psychological experiment disguised as a math question. And I am happy to say you all passed (whatever that means).

The correct answer is
The answer is "12 or 18". The correct answer is not 12. And the correct answer is not 18. The correct answer must be "12 or 18".

Or the other correct response is simply to say that the question is flawed and cannot be answered.

But I am glad to see that no one fought over the answer. No one went to war over this. So congratulations to all.