• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Math Association Quiz

What is the answer?

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Actually I agree with Scott C. The three bundle banana and the single coconut half are unknown variables. Simply because two variables look similar does not mean are. X and X bar represent two completely different concepts.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you do the math, it is too easy. Offering a too easy puzzle is silly so I quessed at 16 without really caring if I got it wrong and I suspected that I got it wrong. And, guess what? I was right!

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Actually I agree with Scott C. The three bundle banana and the single coconut half are unknown variables. Simply because two variables look similar does not mean are. X and X bar represent two completely different concepts.

Don't feel bad for being like 90% of the rest of the world. ;)

Only 10% of the population will observe the coconut half and banana trio, and add accordingly.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
The answer can't be determined from the provided information. Folks are making false assumptions about the meaning of the pictures used as variables in these equations. Take this for example:

X + X = 8
Therefore, X = 4

This implies that 1/2 X = 2.

The fact that the variable "X" = 4 does not imply that the variable represented by the symbol "/" = 2, nor does it imply that the variable "\"= 2. Note that if you put these two symbols together, they form an X.

Think about it. :)
Don't be salty! :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
X + X = 8
Therefore, X = 4

This implies that 1/2 X = 2.

The fact that the variable "X" = 4 does not imply that the variable represented by the symbol "/" = 2, nor does it imply that the variable "\"= 2. Note that if you put these two symbols together, they form an X.

Think about it. :)
Visually, the last equation does imply 1/2 of C and 3/4 of B, while the whole A is part of the equation. There is really no other reason it would have been one coconut shell instead of two, and three bananas instead of four.