• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mat Staver: The “Q” in LGBTQ Stands for Pedophilia

We Never Know

No Slack
Who told you that? A bird? Where did the bird get it?
Please, tell me how you know that what you just said is true, and where did you get it from?

Better yet. Tell me any other species that worries about good and bad, right and wrong, evil and virtuous, money, consciousness, god, creation, heaven, hell, etc.

We Never Know

No Slack
What? Is this a new paper that came out today?
You can't show me anything on that, which I have not already seen.
Don't waste your time posting links.

Evidence of creation is not a magic belief.
The common ancestor in the warm pond, forming from self animated inanimate dancing atoms in space, to dancing gasses, to dancing molecules sound like it.
Who is your magician? Gravity.

If you choose to believe in supernatural magic and gods, that's you prerogative. I will think no less or more of you. We simply see things differently. I like evidence more than I do beliefs and faith.

We Never Know

No Slack

The common ancestor in the warm pond, forming from self animated inanimate dancing atoms in space, to dancing gasses, to dancing molecules sound like it.
Nature created it all. No god needed.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think most Christians these days ARE Atheists, but just pretend otherwise. Christians who are serious about their Theism have truly disappeared largely in modern times, few and far between.

I think so-called "fundimentalist Christians" are actually just Atheists using Christianity as a crutch for political leverage.
I think for many the ingrouping and self righteous faux piety are certainly more important than any bonafide faith journey, certainly.

Kangaroo Feathers

Ah yes. Creationism. The belief that chimpanzees, who share 97 percent of a genetic information, aren't related to us, but dirt is. :rolleyes:

Kangaroo Feathers

If I didn't understand what I read in scripture, I'd be impatient too. Sorry you chose that position, but we all have to make one.
I understand scripture just fine, thanks, and my understanding is perfectly orthodox. You are going against Christ's direct, explicit words. If you can justify that to yourself, fine, but the haughty, sanctimonious condescension (literal Sodomy) sure as **** ain't justifying it to me.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I think horrible people don't love what is right and just. Do you disagree with that? Is there such things as right and just?

Yes, I believe that, but why treat people badly because an ancient book says they are sinners? Even if it were bad, people do bad things daily, so what is the point of picking one thing when other things were mentioned more often in the Bible as well as being more damaging to society? Sexual orientation is amoral. It is what you do with it that is immoral or moral.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And still we have not learned that Controversy sells and instead of letting a douche bag remain in obscurity now many people know about him, both those who would oppose and support him.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
And still we have not learned that Controversy sells and instead of letting a douche bag remain in obscurity now many people know about him, both those who would oppose and support him.
When I walk across the lawn of a dog owner, I like to be able to see the spots where his dog has been before I step in them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When I walk across the lawn of a dog owner, I like to be able to see the spots where his dog has been before I step in them.
True. But the list is endless of those who would have died in obscurity had someone not told the world about what offended them. My personal favorite example is the movie Paul, which I wouldn't have heard of had it not been for a Creationist complaining about how awful the movie is, which pretty much primed me to at least want to check it out.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
True. But the list is endless of those who would have died in obscurity had someone not told the world about what offended them. My personal favorite example is the movie Paul, which I wouldn't have heard of had it not been for a Creationist complaining about how awful the movie is, which pretty much primed me to at least want to check it out.
I just used a reference to the whoopla surrounding "The Last Temptation of Christ" as giving me reason to want to see the movie. I imagine that many were influenced to see it out of curiosity of those things that they were not supposed to see.

I agree. Just mentioning some of these nuggets gives them unearned attention, but you have to balance that with the value of knowing that they are in the lawn, so you can avoid them.

It has been discussed and mentioned that having a well-known advocate of science debate with any of the wacky supporters of creationism just gives them more credibility, since the big guns had to be brought out to deal with them. At some point, ignoring them is not enough, though.