• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mat Staver: The “Q” in LGBTQ Stands for Pedophilia

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So, exactly what does it take to officially call oneself a Christian after having committed a sin?

Being a Christian isn't based on one's performance. It is based on grace. Grace helps us get through the sin issue.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Cherrypick all you like, the red letter text is right there for you to read. Jesus loves you, but my patience is spent. TGIF.
If I didn't understand what I read in scripture, I'd be impatient too. Sorry you chose that position, but we all have to make one.

Liu

LGBT is more of a culture than it is to designate anything. Notice how most people refer to it as the 'lgbt community'? I've known of a lot of gay men who have gone under a self imposed exile from that 'community', and good for them.
I don't live in America, so my impression of that community will differ. But even being both trans and asexual I very rarely have to do with the LGBT-community as such and it doesn't seem like one coherent group/community to me.

To me, that "community" is my bisexual colleague or the transvestite husband of one of my advisors, the LGBT-email-group of my employer, the trans-selfhelp-groups I heard of but whose meetings I never attend because of laziness... and perhaps the political activism for LGBT-rights which I hear my fellow Satanists in the US are engaged in.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Can we assume then that being a Christian in good standing you've never lied or committed any other sin?

Not any Christian I know. It is not blanket immunity from flaws. Christians can and do sin.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Never heard of this Mat Staver fellow before, but he raises an interesting question about the "Q" in LGBTQ.

First though is his take on it.

"Liberty Counsel’s Mat Staver is one of those conservative Christians who routinely ignores the truth to spread whatever lies might help his side.

Like when he claimed the LGBTQ Equality Act would open the door to pedophilia or how having a fifth conservative on the Supreme Court (which he now has) would lead to the end of abortion and marriage equality within a “few months.”

Mat-Staver-Values-Voter-Summit-400x225.jpg

Last week, Staver was on the right-wing radio show Crosstalk to discuss a resolution in California that urges compassion towards LGBTQ people. It asks religious leaders specifically to counsel LGBTQ people “from a place of love” and with the awareness that conversion therapy is harmful.

But even if religious leaders disagree… that’s (theoretically) fine. There’s no punishment.

Staver was still furious, claiming this non-binding resolution would “discriminate” against Christians. He also said the Q in LGBTQ meant pedophilia. Because letters aren’t really his thing.

But Staver went even further, charging that the addition of the “Q” to “LGBT” in the text of the resolution meant that it was promoting a “spectrum” that includes not only those who are homosexual or “gender confused,” but also “minor-attracted individuals” which he described as “somebody who wants to have sexual relationships with someone under the legal age.”
That’s… not how anything works. Why is legal consent such a hard concept for Christians like him to understand?

But that’s how Staver operates. When he doesn’t understand things, he just makes up lies because the Christians who take him seriously aren’t smart enough to realize he’s bull****ting them. They fall for the lie when he says it just like they believe it when a pastor says it in church. Meanwhile, talking to actual LGBTQ people is out of the question. Those people have an agenda."
source
Now, if the LGBT community is harboring pedophiles and wants to let it be known in their acronym why would they pick the letter "Q" instead of "P"? Evidently the logic escapes Staver, or, more likely, he doesn't care because he 's ready to hitch his bigotry to whatever horse is handy, which, in this case, happens to be the letter "Q." Ridiculous as it is.

In any case, just what does the "Q" stand for? Because the question raised my curiosity I decided to look into it a bit and found there is no clear answer. Some believe it stands for "queer," which seems a bit odd in as much as the "L" and "G" already cover queers. Far more likely is the claim that it stands for "Questioning," as in those who haven't committed to their gender identity, but question it.

What have you heard? . . . . . . . . Oh yes, feel free to take a swing or two at the bigot of the week, Mat Staver. ---------------------------------OR maybe you feel he's right and is worth defending. :rolleyes:

Maybe he is angry, because he cannot find a group that will let him join and he was holding out hope that Q was just a misspelling.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It can be found in science and can feed your indoctrined brain some truth.
If you mean the science that is philosophical, then it is no different to any indoctrinated person, no matter their religion.
The evolution that have been fed the public, is just that.
Sorry you gulped the whole camel down. It's good you didn't choke to death though.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Queer does include pedophilia.

Notice we Christians don't have that sort of mentality.

LOL

Isn't that an indication that people who choose "alternate lifestyles" really are the haters - First, they hate themselves because they go against their conscience, and second they hate anyone that just opens their mouth and says anything they don't like to hear, because it reminds them how much they hate themselves.
How sad. What a miserable life that must be.
It's not sad to be yourself. It's sad to adopt a religion that makes one a horrible person. I remember being like you when I was a fundy.

We Never Know

No Slack
If you mean the science that is philosophical, then it is no different to any indoctrinated person, no matter their religion.
The evolution that have been fed the public, is just that.
Sorry you gulped the whole camel down. It's good you didn't choke to death though.

Do you believe man was created from the dirt as he is? Can you show any evidence to support that?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Do you believe man was created from the dirt as he is? Can you show any evidence to support that?
Yes, but not just dirt, and Yes, there is evidence to support creation.
Do you believe man came from one common ancestor? Can you show any evidence to support that?

nPeace

Veteran Member
LOL

It's not sad to be yourself. It's sad to adopt a religion that makes one a horrible person. I remember being like you when I was a fundy.
I think horrible people don't love what is right and just. Do you disagree with that? Is there such things as right and just?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Can you let go of your magic belief to see and understand the evidence?

Human Evolution Timeline Interactive
What? Is this a new paper that came out today?
You can't show me anything on that, which I have not already seen.
Don't waste your time posting links.

Evidence of creation is not a magic belief.
The common ancestor in the warm pond, forming from self animated inanimate dancing atoms in space, to dancing gasses, to dancing molecules sound like it.
Who is your magician? Gravity.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Right, wrong
Good, bad
Evil, virtuous
Etc are all constructs of humans just like money is. No other species has them.
Who told you that? A bird? Where did the bird get it?
Please, tell me how you know that what you just said is true, and where did you get it from?