• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation

w00t

Most people do it as it is a natural activity, so why is it so wrong in the eyes of some Christians. I would much prefer teenagers to masturbate to eleviate sexual frustration than to jump into bed with someone before they are emotionally ready to do so.

Trying to suppress one's natural urge to pleasure oneself, providing it is done in private, is psychologically damaging, imo!

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't know of any Christians who oppose it.

w00t

Goodness you haven't lived A_E:D. Most Christian forums are awash with Christians who oppose this activity!

hello , all interesting topic Masturbation , is forbidden in Islam aswell , Prophet Mohammed said : said, 'O group of youth! Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.' i also heard from a doctor here in the netherlands , that masturbation can cause damage to the body aswell. both Physically and Mentally,

benign6

hello , all interesting topic Masturbation , is forbidden in Islam aswell , Prophet Mohammed said : said, 'O group of youth! Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.' i also heard from a doctor here in the netherlands , that masturbation can cause damage to the body aswell. both Physically and Mentally,

Masturbation is NOT prohibited in Islam. Nor above hadith proves such. "Protect private parts" means that it protect them from being used illegally(adultory)

It's only that marrying is very much recommended in Islam. So we can say that Islam discourage BUT NOT prohibit masturbation.

But u r right that if one goes too enthusiastic with masturbation then there can be mechanical damage to "trabeculae" in "corpus cavernosum" of penis which can have permanent bearing on erection.
Also some ppl use extreme methods like tying rope etc, can cause damage.
Also prolonged continuous erection can cause damage to trabeculae.
So ur doc was very right at least about PHYSICAL damage.

Masturbation is NOT prohibited in Islam. Nor above hadith proves such. "Protect private parts" means that it protect them from being used illegally(adultory)

It's only that marrying is very much recommended in Islam. So we can say that Islam discourage BUT NOT prohibit masturbation.

But u r right that if one goes too enthusiastic with masturbation then there can be mechanical damage to "trabeculae" in "corpus cavernosum" of penis which can have permanent bearing on erection.
Also some ppl use extreme methods like tying rope etc, can cause damage.
Also prolonged continuous erection can cause damage to trabeculae.
So ur doc was very right at least about PHYSICAL damage.

i just quoted one hadith , there are many hadiths and Quranic verses that refer to the the sexual act of Masturbation and forbid this act plus the Ijma of the SCHOLARS , for example the great shaikh bin baaz and others declared it Haraam (forbidden)

further information look at the sites of 2 scholars :
askimam << Mufti of south africa , Ibrahim Desai
islamqa << Shaikh Al Munajjid hanbali scholar of Saudi Arabia

for : benign6

look at the following fatwa :

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence: First from the Qur&#8217;aan: Imam Shafi&#8217;i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur&#8217;aan (interpretation of the meaning): "And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation)

complete fatwa at islamqa

benign6

i just quoted one hadith , there are many hadiths and Quranic verses that refer to the the sexual act of Masturbation and forbid this act plus the Ijma of the SCHOLARS , for example the great shaikh bin baaz and others declared it Haraam (forbidden)

further information look at the sites of 2 scholars :
askimam << Mufti of south africa , Ibrahim Desai
islamqa << Shaikh Al Munajjid hanbali scholar of Saudi Arabia

It would be like holding pee or poo for many YEARs.
Can u hold pee or poo for YEARs?????

Similarly a NORMAL man can't hold "that" thing for years while waiting to marry.

Islam is Quran & Hadith & after that it's personal judgement. Someone asked Prophet what is sin He replied take fatwa from ur heart.

benign6

for : benign6

look at the following fatwa :

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence: First from the Qur&#8217;aan: Imam Shafi&#8217;i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur&#8217;aan (interpretation of the meaning): "And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation)

complete fatwa at islamqa
it simply means that NO other women except above mentioned. U remain very chaste if u touch ur own self.

Prophet Muhammad(saw) asked a companion "how'd u seek solution to a problem" He replied he'll take guidence from Quran. Prophet asked "if u don't find answer there?" He replied "I'll seek guidence from Hadith". Prophet asked if still u don't find answer to problem, he replied "i'll make my own decision based on Quran & Hadith". & Prophet plaused him.

Every dick&harry starts giving fatwas so they r NOT of any authenticity.
http://www.answering-christianity.com/masturbation.htm

Quote:-
Therefore, it is safe to use masturbation as a shield to protect you from the act of zina (fornication) until you get married

To me the implication is clear. One guards something from OTHERS, not from one's self. The above instructs us to guard our chastity from OTHER people, EXCEPT our wives and concubines