• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
What is Dir
Allow me help with that one:

Rule 10 said:
The DIR sub-forums are for the express use of discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/rf-rules.170244/

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

I would add that while it does not say so explicitly; a question in a sect sub-sub-forum should be about a particular issue or practice unique to that sect that makes it particular, instead of general to the faith at large. So a question HERE should be along lines of "Why do Hasidic Jews do XYZ". If we get many more threads started here that do NOT seem to be directed at Hasidic Jews in particular, I'm just going to start moving them into the root Judaism DIR.

Tesla

How do rabbis check up on it

I cannot think of a single scenario in which a Rabbi might feel compelled to check up on or inquire about another person's masturbatory habits. Just out of curiosity, what was your motivation for asking this question?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I cannot think of a single scenario in which a Rabbi might feel compelled to check up on or inquire about another person's masturbatory habits.
Especially since most rabbis probably have enough on their hands already.