• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation proves many Christians don't believe what they profess

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I will admit I have some problems understanding the thread. I guess it's because my god (not the Abrahamic one) would probably be like, "Don't be such a prude. I see you've been having some problems with your drive. You need some attractive people and sex magic in your life."

And I will admit I'm mostly just saying this to get some of the limelight off Christians, and onto court jesters like me, who have even weirder sex lives than they probably do.

Exactly. That is exactly the point. I don't see how anyone could think God is actually seeing everything we do. If they really thought that, the decision to not masturbate at all would be as easy as the decision we all make to not masturbate in front of our own fathers (if one would call that a decision at all).

Sorry, I believe God can see everything, but because we don’t see God, it is different thing than in the case of human father. I think, if person would see God, he probably would not do it.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Mood killer? Like masturbating with your father watching? Welcome to the point of the post.
I guess you are reffering to people who believe God is like a human watching with eyes.

I would say God is aware of all that you do, but my God is not a physical creature and hence does not watch you/look at you.

If my father was a liberal person I wouldn't feel any problem about him being aware that I masturbate (even though I would find it weird if my Dad watched me doing the act).

I'm sure you will be aware that your own children masturbate even though you won't watch them do it.

I see God as being liberal.

I guess it depends on whether the Christians in question see their God as a literal sky daddy who watches them whether or not they fit the mould the OP seems to assume.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess you are reffering to people who believe God is like a human watching with eyes.

I would say God is aware of all that you do, but my God is not a physical creature and hence does not watch you/look at you.

If my father was a liberal person I wouldn't feel any problem about him being aware that I masturbate (even though I would find it weird if my Dad watched me doing the act).

I'm sure you will be aware that your own children masturbate even though you won't watch them do it.

I see God as being liberal.

I guess it depends on whether the Christians in question see their God as a literal sky daddy who watches them whether or not they fit the mould the OP seems to assume.
The idea of God being with me is one thing, but watching me like some divine voyeur is another. Based on the premise of this thread, God would presumably be watching while we use the bathroom or have sex with a spouse too.

I don't have a vision of God as a creepy voyeur.