1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Massive star two and a half MILLION times as bright as sun...vanishes

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by dad, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +13,440
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    Yep I heard about novaless collapses of stars. Apparently according to science articles I came across, this would be the second time that it happened if it's determined to be the case.

It's pretty fascinating.

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +718
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Let me know when you've got more than feeble attempts to be witty, okay?

3. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,247
    Religion:
    Christian
    Well, I will say this in agreement, that, although Jehovah God is not controlling this planet right now (as we determine from Scriptures such as Isaiah 11:9, Matthew 6:9-10 & Revelation 11:18), God could still be exerting control over the Universe....but for what purpose, I'm not sure. Unless, it's to begin fulfilling Jesus' prophecy of the End, at Like 21 esp.vs. 25....."signs in the Sun, moon and stars"; there certainly is "anguish of nations"!

Here's something you might like: explanation of the "roaring of the sea" (Luke 21:25).... Tie in Isaiah 57:20.

#63 Hockeycowboy, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,319
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    Naturally.

But God did it of course.

Why?

Ah, we are not to ask such questions.

Great, that explains it all, then.

:rolleyes:

5. PruePhillip

PruePhillip Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +575
    Religion:
    None
    The funny thing - SCIENTISTS WOULD LIKE TO BE WRONG. IT MEANS THERE NEW
    SCIENCE OUT THERE TO DISCOVER.

But... it's probably swallowed by a black hole or something...

6. rational experiences

rational experiences Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    When a male thinks and claims he is informed, then he designs a machine and then as soon as he owns the control of the button pushing, then the response should be exactly what he claims, seeing he invented design as a machine with a formula.

If it did not work it is titled an experiment and then he is meant to claim I was wrong....if he is a scientist.

If he is not a scientist, and just an egotist, he will never claim he is wrong, for his group mentality is to own control coerce and force....always was.

Hence his own mentality was already prophecised and warned about when the man of the apostasy those who pretend that God by the teachings God stone philosophy does not exist in a thesis.

THE ST one.

I, symbolism in science was the intensity of magnetisation equalled one/stone by the gases of the ST....which is AIN 0 zero cold empty space/pressure oblivion.

Oblivion he said by being natural zero, cold zero, empty zero and pressure oblivion owned stone.

Stone created its owned light burning gases....why you are all wrong.

THE ST
    THE I ST….about one information.

7. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +60,464
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Distances in space can indeed be calculated.
    But tis true that I personally don't have the math.
    That's @Polymath257's department.

#67 Revoltingest, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  8. Polymath257

Polymath257 Think & Care
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +22,141
    Religion:
    Non-theist
    For close stars, it is simple parallax. And since the angles are so small, the actual math is very simple.

For more distant stars, there are a variety of methods. For something like the case of the OP, it is more a matter of finding the distance to the galaxy the star is in. This is usually done by finding the red shift and using the (known) relation between red shift and distance.

In response to the OP, of course some of our theories could be wrong. In this case, we have a phenomenon for which we don't have an explanation. That is a *good* thing: it gives us another opportunity to learn more about the universe.

9. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +60,464
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I suspect that the only thing acceptable to some people will be
    actually extending a giant tape measure from Earth to the star
    in question. Anything less is "just a theory".

10. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,358
    Religion:
    atheist
    So, your solution to the mystery is that God made the star disappear. Now, let's hear your religious theory as to why and/or how God made the star disappear.

If you cannot, then it becomes obvious that: Naturally, science Dad is clueless as to why.

Maybe I can give you a path to explore. Your God needed to eliminate the distant start in order to get the stuff He needed to make a deadly virus.

11. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    You misunderstand. If God wanted us to know how He created it all, we would know, so since He did not it is not our business. That includes science, and you and I. Nothing to do with posting or forums.

Many of them might help develop star war type weapons also, so? It doesn't matter what personal beliefs exist, the point is that if they promote the belief based fables of science they are pushing falsehood. Not only that but falsehood that diametrically opposes the truth as revealed by God.

We have seen babies form and have a pretty good idea how it happens. That does not mean there was no creation, and that reproduction is not part of that creation! If the stars recycle or have new birth and death, so what? That does not mean all stars were made that way! Then there is the question of what is really born out there or not. If you just observed a system for say, 20 years, and have claims that a star was born a million years ago there, or that one will be born in a million years, that is worthless.

So what? If molten rock was also formed in a different nature (different melt points and properties) then we could have had stuff made that is NOT how it happens today! You need to stick to what is known and observed. If we saw an island formed in the last few hundred years for example, great. We know how it formed. That does not give you cart-blanche to claim all similar looking islands formed that way. In the same way just because we see that people only live a hundred years now does not mean Noah lived a hundred years also.

He says He will show us if we ask. He never said godless proud men in their own wisdom could know it all.

Big deal. He also allowed us to know how to light a campfire, harness power from water, and many other things about life on earth. That does not mean your blind faith conjecture on origins has any merit whatsoever.

I am not threatened by lies. I threaten lies.

12. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    Since origin so called sciences are lies and deceit, why would He share that with anyone?

No. He did not work that way.

The Serpent lied to man. He tried to get us to doubt the creator. Science does the exact same thing. Coincidence?

13. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    Dishonest canard and strawman argument. Whatever we play with in the fishbowl has to do with how things work here.

14. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    So who or what is the mental puppet? God? Science?

15. QuestioningMind

QuestioningMind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,177
    Religion:
    atheist
    As I said, consistently ignorant.

16. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +13,440
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    The sky daddy that lives in your head that you control by moving its strings. It will do and say whatever you want it to.

17. QuestioningMind

QuestioningMind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,177
    Religion:
    atheist
    ROFL... you're just FULL of unsubstantiated claims, aren't you? But I guess that's about all you've got top argue with. So sad.

18. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    Let us know when you have more that fanatical beliefs for your foolish fables, OK?

19. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian

Not sure how those verses apply to God having set up nature. Isa 11 for example is prophesy.

The heavens are Thine, the earth also is Thine; The world and all it contains, Thou hast founded them (Psalm 89:11).

It sounds like God set it all up.

Luke is once again prophesy. Yes there will be signs in the heaven, In the very end, the stars all go out for example.

20. dad

dad Undefeated

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    christian
    Ecc 8:17
    Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

Don't blame me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.