• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massive leak of data reveals money-hiding secrets of the super-rich

shmogie

All engines....gasoline, oil, gas, Stirling, steam, water, hit'n miss, throttle governed, portable, traction.
I have no traction engines, which tend to be big, & demanding of attention to run.
But I do have a British portable steam engine....1869 Brown & May in original condition.
(It needs some boiler work.)

Those British road engines are indeed fancy.
But some Ameristanians have their charm.
A 150 hp Case is one impressive beast.
Case traction engines are always impressive. Avery made an engine used a lot in logging, though I have only seen pictures of it, was very strange looking. Sorta like a train locomotive.

The British big Fowler road engines were behemoths and pulled massive loads.

I really love the road engines that pulled an entire circus from town to town, then supplied electrical power once the circus was set up. They were beautifully painted, and were called showmens engines.

I bought a book 50 years ago on building a one quarter size model of one, but my skills never developed as I hoped they would.

I see beautifully machined working models of them that come up for sale once in a while, but alas, as much as I want one, I do not want a divorce where I would lose it, anyway.

Stirlings are very cool, but as far as I have seen, their application was pretty limited to small engines. I have a few small ones, that operate, but they are more for demonstrating the principle of a heat engine, rather than doing any work.

My grandfather used to tell stories of the American traction engines, and their use on the farm, and a few accidents with them. I was a ghoulish little twerp and liked his story of a Case that had a jammed pressure relief valve, and blew up.

I commend you on your hobby !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Case traction engines are always impressive. Avery made an engine used a lot in logging, though I have only seen pictures of it, was very strange looking. Sorta like a train locomotive.

The British big Fowler road engines were behemoths and pulled massive loads.

I really love the road engines that pulled an entire circus from town to town, then supplied electrical power once the circus was set up. They were beautifully painted, and were called showmens engines.

I bought a book 50 years ago on building a one quarter size model of one, but my skills never developed as I hoped they would.

I see beautifully machined working models of them that come up for sale once in a while, but alas, as much as I want one, I do not want a divorce where I would lose it, anyway.

Stirlings are very cool, but as far as I have seen, their application was pretty limited to small engines. I have a few small ones, that operate, but they are more for demonstrating the principle of a heat engine, rather than doing any work.

My grandfather used to tell stories of the American traction engines, and their use on the farm, and a few accidents with them. I was a ghoulish little twerp and liked his story of a Case that had a jammed pressure relief valve, and blew up.

I commend you on your hobby !
I knew a guy with an Avery under-mounted tractor.
Very impressive.