• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Shooting In Russia

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Reading stories is informative. Excerpting what seems to me key passages from the two links:

Dagestan is a largely Muslim federal republic, and has witnessed ethnic tensions since the 1990s.

The types of illegal weapon used for the most serious crimes in Russia — contract killings, terrorism and similar types of activity — are often not unregistered shotguns, but military-issue firearms that Russian citizens don't have access to. "In other words," says Galeotti, "they are stolen from official stocks, essentially through corruption."

socharlie

Reading stories is informative. Excerpting what seems to me key passages from the two links:

Dagestan is a largely Muslim federal republic, and has witnessed ethnic tensions since the 1990s.

The types of illegal weapon used for the most serious crimes in Russia — contract killings, terrorism and similar types of activity — are often not unregistered shotguns, but military-issue firearms that Russian citizens don't have access to. "In other words," says Galeotti, "they are stolen from official stocks, essentially through corruption."
Yes, it is correct.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It says hunting rifle but the picture of the weapon appears to show a double barrel shotgun, I could be wrong.