• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Shooting In Canada

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You would think a mass shooting would be kind of hard in light of the Coronavirus crisis.

PureX

Veteran Member
He was wearing a police uniform and had rigged his car up to look like a police cruiser. So this was planned out. And all the gun-totin' cowboys in ten-gallon hats and silver pistols hangin' on their belts, in Canada, would not likely have shot at someone they thought was a cop, even if they saw him shooting at someone else.

Unfortunately, when someone is clever, and is that determined, there really isn't much more that could have been done about it in a reasonable society.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You would think a mass shooting would be kind of hard in light of the Coronavirus crisis.

I couldn't really tell from the article, but it seems as if they weren't all in the same place. This guy moved around and eluded authorities for a several hours.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess being in lock down can bring out the worst in people
I just read an interesting article in Popular Science.
It was about a long term study of the psychological effects of space
travel on astronauts. The main researcher recommends including
physical restraints on any Mars mission cuz of the 99% probability
that someone will go bonkers from the stress & confinement.

Twilight Hue

Terrible. Just terrible.
No doubt.

If a person wants that badly to kill everyone around them there's one quick way to destroy the entire Earth all together. Put the bullet in your own brain.

All will be gone after that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I can see that. Without spacious, luxurious quarters, replicators, and holodecks, space travel doesn't appear like it would be much fun at all.

PureX

Veteran Member
When human beings insist on doing extreme things that they weren't designed to do, like riding in a tin can, to Mars, I think the "bonkers" aspect has already manifested.

Twilight Hue

I couldn't really tell from the article, but it seems as if they weren't all in the same place. This guy moved around and eluded authorities for a several hours.
Sounds more like a mass rampage than a mass shooting, but I suppose it's all the same.

My heart goes out to the families of those that were lost.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can see that. Without spacious, luxurious quarters, replicators, and holodecks, space travel doesn't appear like it would be much fun at all.
Also, astronauts have a heavy & tedious workload dictated by ground control types.

Ruh

Uff ! at least the shooter was not a Muslim dude .:sweat:

5cc1674c2300003200d0d0ec.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I see no reason that that is not so.

images (5).jpeg

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Hence the need for a holodeck

Rational Agnostic

When human beings insist on doing extreme things that they weren't designed to do, like riding in a tin can, to Mars, I think the "bonkers" aspect has already manifested.

Well, certainly humans weren't "designed" to socially isolate themselves in their homes, never see family & friends and stay six feet apart from everyone else for months at a time either. While I believe a temporary lockdown is justified, extending it for much longer is a downright dangerous experiment. Governments need to implement an exit strategy, because forcing people to behave so unnaturally for much longer is about to set off a ticking time bomb of societal chaos.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just for the record, when it comes to these kinds of mass shootings, it is mostly law enforcement, not any Joe Passerby with a gun, who largely brings them down.