• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masks are not enough

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You dont agree with me that the first line of defence is distancing because distancing isn't the first line of defence so please don't make stuff up in my name. I have been through the science with you 4 times on how far the virus can travel and how long it can remain airborne.

And the CDC only applies to 5% of the world population, i take my lead from the WHO.

Distancing means not being around the person close enough to catch the virus.

If you're ten feet from me I have less chance catching it than if I were two feet.

I'm just saying distance is more effective than masks.

WHO and CDC seem to correlate. (All sources I checked said masks work in conjunction with distance). I looked up all sources when it first started. That and keep up with our govenor says etc. Had to look into the virus so I won't be running with my head chopped off. I do better with information than I do hearsay so I don't listen to media etc. I'm not really political enough to look into all that.

Where are you from?

I'm in a less urban part of the States so masks are supplement to distance. Other places like NY etc would have a different perspective.

The droplets are too heavy to stay airborne just as any other cold resp. virus.

The OP says masks are not enough. But if you're not around people, there's no use in a mask.

Better way to put it. If I'm outside and you're inside a building I have less chance if any to catch the virus. If I were near you, the variables would change.

US says quarantine is the first. Distancing if one can't qurt. Masks last. Masks aren't replacement for quart.

It depends on where you live.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You dont agree with me that the first line of defence is distancing because distancing isn't the first line of defence so please don't make stuff up in my name. I have been through the science with you 4 times on how far the virus can travel and how long it can remain airborne.

You don't have to be defensive about this conversation. Again. I never said I was proving you wrong. I never said you were wrong. So, I think I'm a scapegoat to your feelings about people who don't care about masks. I'm not one of them.

Advice for public (WHO)

My OP said masks isn't the only and top line of defense. I'm sure you know there are other factors that play part in preventing catching the (any) virus than wearing a mask "in and of itself," right?

From a medical standpoint???

Even hospitals know it's a combination of factors involved when preventing viruses etc. I'm not sure if you're thinking about what I'm saying, not getting it, or believe masks is the only way to prevent the virus.

I'm kinda hoping you do understand isolation is better than masks... I hope.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Distancing means not being around the person close enough to catch the virus.

If you're ten feet from me I have less chance catching it than if I were two feet.

I'm just saying distance is more effective than masks.

WHO and CDC seem to correlate. (All sources I checked said masks work in conjunction with distance). I looked up all sources when it first started. That and keep up with our govenor says etc. Had to look into the virus so I won't be running with my head chopped off. I do better with information than I do hearsay so I don't listen to media etc. I'm not really political enough to look into all that.

Where are you from?

I'm in a less urban part of the States so masks are supplement to distance. Other places like NY etc would have a different perspective.

The droplets are too heavy to stay airborne just as any other cold resp. virus.

The OP says masks are not enough. But if you're not around people, there's no use in a mask.

Better way to put it. If I'm outside and you're inside a building I have less chance if any to catch the virus. If I were near you, the variables would change.

US says quarantine is the first. Distancing if one can't qurt. Masks last. Masks aren't replacement for quart.

It depends on where you live.

More than 18 metres and at least am hour later??? That is the only way to guarantee not catching the virus by distancing

And am saying distancing is not more effective at reducing the spread of the virus.

The who dont have trump interference goading people to inject bleach or disinfectant

I am from

I am in a very rural part of france, when we moved here our family increased the population by 1%. Funny thing is there are still people here.

I see you have not bothered with the data on micro-particles. Both @Dave Watchman and myself have mentioned this method of virus transportation.

I am not going any further battling your willful ignorance regarding the benefits of wearing masks.

Oh and only 5% of the population live in the US. Europe where i live has a considerably better record at getting the virus under control, reducing deaths than three notable countries who think they know better, the US is one of them

ChristineM

Premium Member
You don't have to be defensive about this conversation. Again. I never said I was proving you wrong. I never said you were wrong. So, I think I'm a scapegoat to your feelings about people who don't care about masks. I'm not one of them.

Advice for public (WHO)

My OP said masks isn't the only and top line of defense. I'm sure you know there are other factors that play part in preventing catching the (any) virus than wearing a mask "in and of itself," right?

From a medical standpoint???

Even hospitals know it's a combination of factors involved when preventing viruses etc. I'm not sure if you're thinking about what I'm saying, not getting it, or believe masks is the only way to prevent the virus.

I'm kinda hoping you do understand isolation is better than masks... I hope.

Making my point not not being defensive. Disagreement with you is not being defensive. Watching people ignoring the data and putting their point of view is not being defensive.

I will repeat ONE MORE TIME for the hard of understanding, masks are not for use as a personal defence. They are to reduce the chance of infected people from passing on the virus to other people.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
More than 18 metres and at least am hour later??? That is the only way to guarantee not catching the virus by distancing

And am saying distancing is not more effective at reducing the spread of the virus.

The who dont have trump interference goading people to inject bleach or disinfectant

I am from

I am in a very rural part of france, when we moved here our family increased the population by 1%. Funny thing is there are still people here.

I see you have not bothered with the data on micro-particles. Both @Dave Watchman and myself have mentioned this method of virus transportation.

I am not going any further battling your willful ignorance regarding the benefits of wearing masks.

Oh and only 5% of the population live in the US. Europe where i live has a considerably better record at getting the virus under control, reducing deaths than three notable countries who think they know better, the US is one of them

You don't have to battle, Christine.
I have the same resources you do.

Distance and qurnt. is more affective than masks.

Forget about numbers.

I'm way on the other side of the world from you. I can't catch the virus from you.

If you were close to me enough if you sneezed and I felt the mist, I have more chance to catch it. Not full chance but more of a chance.

That is all I am saying. Not sure how you're not getting that?

I'm not disagreeing with you:
about the affectiveness of masks etc.

I'm just saying:

The further you are from someone, the less chance you'd get viruses.

Am I wrong???

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Making my point not not being defensive. Disagreement with you is not being defensive. Watching people ignoring the data and putting their point of view is not being defensive.

I will repeat ONE MORE TIME for the hard of understanding, masks are not for use as a personal defence. They are to reduce the chance of infected people from passing on the virus to other people.

Not sure why you repeat this. I agree.

I remember you saying other people here are saying they don't wear masks so they affect other people.

I get your frustration with Them.

It has nothing to do with me.

I'm saying the further you are from a person, the less chance you'd get the virus.

WHO lists a whole bunch of ways to protect others and yourself from the virus:

No specific order.

They compliment each other. (Hence my OP)

ChristineM

Premium Member
You don't have to battle, Christine. I have the same resources you do.

Distance and qurnt. is more affective than masks.

Forget about numbers. I'm way on the other side of the world from you. I can't catch the virus. If you were close to me enough if you sneezed and I felt the mist, I have more chance. Not full chance but more of a chance.

That's all I'm saying. Not sure how you're not getting that?

I'm not disagreeing with you
about the affectiveness of masks etc.

I'm just saying:

the further you are from someone, the less chance you'd get viruses.

Am I wrong???

Considering you have done little but dis the affectivenes of masks from day one is find your post rather strange.

No, lets not forget about the numbers, without the numbers you can say anything... Oh right!!!

Oh i am getting that you are really quite ignorant of how this virus can be contracted. And it seems that you deliberately want to stay that way

As i have stated from day 1, stay at least eighteen metres from others and do not breath the same air as them for at least an hour. I really dont see how you are not getting that

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Considering you have done little but dis the affectivenes of masks from day one is find your post rather strange.

Did you read my post (118)?

I had to look it up. Maybe you're talking about someone else?

No, lets not forget about the numbers, without the numbers you can say anything... Oh right!!!

Distance is greater effectiveness than masks. That's all I'm saying.
The OP says it's a combination of precautions not just masks.

I'm not talking about numbers because my point is talking about distance in and of itself. Of course, the closer distance (or closer number between A and B) the more risk of one catching the disease. That's not what I'm talking about.

I think you're talking at someone else through me.

Oh i am getting that you are really quite ignorant of how this virus can be contracted. And it seems that you deliberately want to stay that way

Yeah. You gotta read my posts. Please. Please. read my posts. It will help so you don't have to repeat yourself.

No insults.

As i have stated from day 1, stay at least eighteen metres from others and do not breath the same air as them for at least an hour. I really dont see how you are not getting that

Of course.

I never said you were wrong.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

And the CDC only applies to 5% of the world population, i take my lead from the WHO.

Please. Please. Read my posts. Please :(

Edit.
(OP, 122, 118. Probably couple others I can't find)

Question. You're in france. I'm in US. Can I catch the virus from you or is masks better than distance?

Best I can get.

Edit. If you don't want to read my posts, you can answer yes or no.

Last edited:

Dave Watchman

Top Posters is a tie:
https://www.religiousforums.com/members/christinem.61711/
ChristineM 28

Unveiled Artist 28

You guys remind me of the Looney Toon cartoon of the wolf and the sheepdog that punch the clock and go to work all day.

New record USA CORONA VIRUS daily case high just hit!

For 80 days, the US was on a long plateau of new COVID-19 confirmed cases, ~20,000/day. Then, with reopening, a surge started June 8th.

Today, surpassing the threshold of 40,000 for the first time to 43,603 cases

It's really getting pretty much out of control now where there is nothing we can do but wait for herd immunity.

That will require at least 60% of the population to become infected and develop antibodies.

Unless we seal the borders, that is 60% of the entire world's population.

Ebd6aQRWoAAMfCN

(@BNODesk)

BREAKING: U.S. reports 43,603 new cases of coronavirus so far today, the biggest one-day increase since the pandemic began

Supermarkets in Australia have reintroduced limits on purchasing toilet roll amid a rise in panic-buying.

On Friday, Coles imposed a one-pack limit on toilet roll and paper towels nationwide, while Woolworths has a two-pack limit on toilet roll.

The rush was triggered by a spike in Covid-19 cases in the state of Victoria.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said there was no reason to panic-buy.

(@BNODesk)

NEW: Brazil reports 46,860 new cases of coronavirus, the second-biggest daily increase on record worldwide, and 990 new deaths

Dave Watchman

WARNING! D614G Mutation Coronavirus Strains From Europe Could Render Those Recovered From Earlier Strains Defenseless According to China
Source: D614G Mutation And COVID-19 Jun 21, 2020 6 days ago

D614G Mutation: According to warnings from Chinese researchers, individuals infected with the earlier SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains could be defenseless against the more aggressive European strains with the D614G mutations.

The Chinese researchers say that the antibodies found in blood of individuals who have fought disease previously failed to stop D614G strain.

The mutant form was identified in genetic data of samples collected at Xinfadi food market in Beijing where latest outbreak began.

Chinese authorities are saying that previously recovered Covid-19 patients in China may still be vulnerable to a mutant form of the pathogen spreading overseas.

Professor Dr Huang Ailong from Chongqing Medical University said that there is an urgent need to determine what threat the mutation, known as D614G, poses to people who have recovered from a different form of the virus. Also worrisome is that the new strain could actually be more worse the second time round in patients who were previously infected with the milder strains and had recovered but there is no clinical proof of this yet.​

So it reads to me like the people which survived the original outbreak in China, would not be immune to the new mutated strain making people sick now.

It's stories like this that make me think there won't be a vaccine.

Or much hope for herd immunity.

Jun 17, 2020 06:06 AM
ECONOMY
China Starts Intensive Testing of Imported Meat for Coronavirus

(Bloomberg) — China’s customs authorities started testing all imports of meat for coronavirus, and officials in some major cities are also checking the products at domestic markets. A fresh outbreak of the Covid-19 pathogen was linked to a wholesale seafood and meat market in Beijing.

China Starts Intensive Testing of Imported Meat for Coronavirus - Caixin Global

Is China worried about importing a new mutation, a new strain, of the virus?

Nova Scotia
Canadian lobster exporters feel pinch of new COVID-19 testing in China

Lobster Council of Canada says 'we've hit a significant snag' because of delays caused by new tests

A recent coronavirus outbreak traced to a market in Beijing is disrupting Canadian live lobster exports to China.

New testing measures imposed in at least three cities — Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou— have led to cancelled lobster shipments from Nova Scotia this week and delays for shipments that do arrive.

"We've hit a significant snag," said Geoff Irvine, executive director of the Lobster Council of Canada.

"The latest news is that they will continue to do these random inspections, which has effectively caused many of the large shipments to stop."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-lobster-covid-19-testing-china-1.5618215
Do they already know it is in the food supply?

Cattle, sheep and even cats CAN catch coronavirus: Bombshell report reveals disease can now infect at least ten other animals as well as bats
  • University of Hunan researchers study lung structures of 251 different animals
  • They studied what could be infected through contact with either bats or humans
  • Findings suggest virus has evolved ability to infect at least ten other creatures
  • Those on danger list include cats, cows, goats, pigs, sheep, buffalo and pigeons
  • Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID
How cattle, sheep and even cats can catch coronavirus | Daily Mail Online
Since Sars Cov-2 can be found in the fecal matter, can the pigeons spread it though their droppings?

Could our pets trigger a second wave of COVID-19? Scientists warn that animals could become 'reservoirs' of the virus even after it is eradicated in humans
  • Research is needed to find out which animals can catch and pass on coronavirus
  • Experts say if the virus takes hold of an animal population it may never go away
  • They have called for closer monitoring of urban wildlife, pets and livestock
  • Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
PUBLISHED: 18:30 EDT, 18 June 2020 | UPDATED: 02:40 EDT, 19 June 2020

Animals could become 'reservoirs' of coronavirus and lead to a second outbreak even if it is eradicated in humans, according to scientists writing in the Lancet.

Researchers from University College London say a global effort is needed to monitor possible outbreaks of the virus in various animal populations around the world.​

This reminds me of the minks that were culled.

Dutch minks culled after farmers infected with coronavirus
Researchers urge other countries to test their animals after thousands of minks are infected with the virus.

by Step Vaessen
7 Jun 2020

In the Netherlands, thousands of minks are being culled after they infected several farmers with the coronavirus.

The Dutch government says this is to prevent farms from becoming long-term reservoirs of COVID-19.

Researchers are urging other countries such as Denmark and Spain to also test their animals.

And then it makes me think of all the meat processing plants around the world that have had huge outbreaks of covid -19.

When they butcher the meat, I've seen machines, band saws for example, which would seem to cause the animal's flesh and bone to become aerosolized.

Working in those buildings all day, would the employees not be able to inhale those aerosolized micro particles?

Is our food supply contaminated already?

The news I read, does not make me optimistic.

Wandering Monk

WARNING! D614G Mutation Coronavirus Strains From Europe Could Render Those Recovered From Earlier Strains Defenseless According to China
Source: D614G Mutation And COVID-19 Jun 21, 2020 6 days ago

D614G Mutation: According to warnings from Chinese researchers, individuals infected with the earlier SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains could be defenseless against the more aggressive European strains with the D614G mutations.

The Chinese researchers say that the antibodies found in blood of individuals who have fought disease previously failed to stop D614G strain.

The mutant form was identified in genetic data of samples collected at Xinfadi food market in Beijing where latest outbreak began.

Chinese authorities are saying that previously recovered Covid-19 patients in China may still be vulnerable to a mutant form of the pathogen spreading overseas.

Professor Dr Huang Ailong from Chongqing Medical University said that there is an urgent need to determine what threat the mutation, known as D614G, poses to people who have recovered from a different form of the virus. Also worrisome is that the new strain could actually be more worse the second time round in patients who were previously infected with the milder strains and had recovered but there is no clinical proof of this yet.​

So it reads to me like the people which survived the original outbreak in China, would not be immune to the new mutated strain making people sick now.

It's stories like this that make me think there won't be a vaccine.

Or much hope for herd immunity.

Jun 17, 2020 06:06 AM
ECONOMY
China Starts Intensive Testing of Imported Meat for Coronavirus

(Bloomberg) — China’s customs authorities started testing all imports of meat for coronavirus, and officials in some major cities are also checking the products at domestic markets. A fresh outbreak of the Covid-19 pathogen was linked to a wholesale seafood and meat market in Beijing.

China Starts Intensive Testing of Imported Meat for Coronavirus - Caixin Global

Is China worried about importing a new mutation, a new strain, of the virus?

Nova Scotia
Canadian lobster exporters feel pinch of new COVID-19 testing in China

Lobster Council of Canada says 'we've hit a significant snag' because of delays caused by new tests

A recent coronavirus outbreak traced to a market in Beijing is disrupting Canadian live lobster exports to China.

New testing measures imposed in at least three cities — Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou— have led to cancelled lobster shipments from Nova Scotia this week and delays for shipments that do arrive.

"We've hit a significant snag," said Geoff Irvine, executive director of the Lobster Council of Canada.

"The latest news is that they will continue to do these random inspections, which has effectively caused many of the large shipments to stop."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-lobster-covid-19-testing-china-1.5618215
Do they already know it is in the food supply?

Cattle, sheep and even cats CAN catch coronavirus: Bombshell report reveals disease can now infect at least ten other animals as well as bats
  • University of Hunan researchers study lung structures of 251 different animals
  • They studied what could be infected through contact with either bats or humans
  • Findings suggest virus has evolved ability to infect at least ten other creatures
  • Those on danger list include cats, cows, goats, pigs, sheep, buffalo and pigeons
  • Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID
How cattle, sheep and even cats can catch coronavirus | Daily Mail Online
Since Sars Cov-2 can be found in the fecal matter, can the pigeons spread it though their droppings?

Could our pets trigger a second wave of COVID-19? Scientists warn that animals could become 'reservoirs' of the virus even after it is eradicated in humans
  • Research is needed to find out which animals can catch and pass on coronavirus
  • Experts say if the virus takes hold of an animal population it may never go away
  • They have called for closer monitoring of urban wildlife, pets and livestock
  • Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
PUBLISHED: 18:30 EDT, 18 June 2020 | UPDATED: 02:40 EDT, 19 June 2020

Animals could become 'reservoirs' of coronavirus and lead to a second outbreak even if it is eradicated in humans, according to scientists writing in the Lancet.

Researchers from University College London say a global effort is needed to monitor possible outbreaks of the virus in various animal populations around the world.​

This reminds me of the minks that were culled.

Researchers urge other countries to test their animals after thousands of minks are infected with the virus.

by Step Vaessen
7 Jun 2020

In the Netherlands, thousands of minks are being culled after they infected several farmers with the coronavirus.

The Dutch government says this is to prevent farms from becoming long-term reservoirs of COVID-19.

Researchers are urging other countries such as Denmark and Spain to also test their animals.

And then it makes me think of all the meat processing plants around the world that have had huge outbreaks of covid -19.

When they butcher the meat, I've seen machines, band saws for example, which would seem to cause the animal's flesh and bone to become aerosolized.

Working in those buildings all day, would the employees not be able to inhale those aerosolized micro particles?

Is our food supply contaminated already?

The news I read, does not make me optimistic.

The media are notorious for pushing sensational headlines WAY before the research has been peer reviewed. Wondering if this is the case with these stories.

Dave Watchman

The media are notorious for pushing sensational headlines WAY before the research has been peer reviewed. Wondering if this is the case with these stories.

Maybe yes.

Maybe no.

I don't really hold UKs "Daily Mail" in a very high regard.

Sometimes they put some nice girlie pictures at the right. That tends to further disqualify their credibility.

But it's simple news they report.

The mink story is true.

It's not a hypothesis.

They wouldn't have culled 10,000 minks.

In the first link at:

There's another link in that artilce to:

In that link there is this warning:

bioRxiv is receiving many new papers on coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information.
However, if we wait until all the data is "peer-reviewed", it may be too late to avoid the unfortunate behavior.

Each item on it's own, seems not as valuable as how they are when put together and taken as a whole.

Notice also the behavior of the CCP Authorities.

In these articles and during their last outbreak in Beijing.

This is a more spooky link, your browser would need to translate it:

传北京军队医院爆满 殡仪馆日日烧染疫尸体

The second wave of CCP virus outbreaks occurred in Beijing , and the city's communities entered a state of war.

The second wave of CCP virus outbreaks in Beijing , experts say, is more infectious than Wuhan. At present, the city's communities have entered a state of war. People in Beijing revealed that funeral homes burned the dead bodies of epidemic victims every day. It is reported that Beijing National Defense University was blocked, and many military hospitals were full, including the Armed Police Hospital.

The website of the National Health Committee of the Communist Party of China informed on June 14 that Beijing has newly confirmed 57 cases of the CCP virus, which is the highest record since April, of which 36 cases were from Beijing.

Lu Media said that Beijing had a total of 79 cases diagnosed in 4 days. On the 14th, a large-scale test was conducted and 76499 people were sampled. 59 people were positive.

Some Beijing residents have disclosed to the Voice of Hope that the official newspaper figures are still concealed, and the actual data may be as much as 10 times larger.

On June 15th, the Yuquan East Market and the surrounding 10 communities in Haidian District of Beijing implemented closed management, and the wartime mechanism has been activated; all 11 communities around the Xinfadi Agricultural Wholesale Market are under closed management.​

It did not appear to me they were waiting for the materials to become "peer-reviewed".

I saw them in hazmat suits and bull horns.

They were ordering the people military style like an emergency.

We used to have some German neighbors.

They had a sandwich recipe that they made out of raw ground beef.

Based on my current read of the situation, I'd skip that one for now.

Cook the meat well done.

I'm on a news thread on another forum.

They bring in news from around the world.

Twitter and Facebook and news articles from around the world.

It's a covid thread that started on January 17.

9737 pages long.

A think tank.

There was a story last week of an outbreak of covid in a salad factory, Ohio I think.

Even before the covid they had some trouble with listeria in the salad.

If there's certain things that I CAN control, like skipping the bagged salad and cooking the meat, then I won't worry about the bats dropping their fecal matter onto the lettuce at night.

And, with everything else going on, too much to worry about.

And I'm going right out, right out of my head
Going right out, right out of my head
Going right out, right out of my head

Not really.

HOUSTON, June 27 (Rxxxx) - A small city on the outskirts of Houston, Texas has instituted a curfew starting Saturday night due to surging cases of the novel coronavirus, the latest move by officials in some southern and western states to backtrack on their reopening plans.

The mayor of Galena Park, a community of 10,000 people east of Houston, said she was heeding a warning from Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo, who on Friday raised the public threat level to its most severe, a sign people should shelter at home.

FLORIDA, 27 Jun - 03:59:01 PM [RTRS] - FLORIDA CORONAVIRUS CASES RISE BY 9,585 ON SATURDAY, BIGGEST DAILY INCREASE SINCE PANDEMIC STARTED – STATE HEALTH DEPT
rkvv2Ev.jpg

June 26 record high daily cases for the world 194,190.

Previous high June 19 of 182,209.

Coronavirus cases reached today 10,010,570

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Top Posters is a tie:
https://www.religiousforums.com/members/christinem.61711/
ChristineM 28

Unveiled Artist 28

You guys remind me of the Looney Toon cartoon of the wolf and the sheepdog that punch the clock and go to work all day.

New record USA CORONA VIRUS daily case high just hit!

For 80 days, the US was on a long plateau of new COVID-19 confirmed cases, ~20,000/day. Then, with reopening, a surge started June 8th.

Today, surpassing the threshold of 40,000 for the first time to 43,603 cases

It's really getting pretty much out of control now where there is nothing we can do but wait for herd immunity.

That will require at least 60% of the population to become infected and develop antibodies.

Unless we seal the borders, that is 60% of the entire world's population.

Ebd6aQRWoAAMfCN

(@BNODesk)

BREAKING: U.S. reports 43,603 new cases of coronavirus so far today, the biggest one-day increase since the pandemic began

Supermarkets in Australia have reintroduced limits on purchasing toilet roll amid a rise in panic-buying.

On Friday, Coles imposed a one-pack limit on toilet roll and paper towels nationwide, while Woolworths has a two-pack limit on toilet roll.

The rush was triggered by a spike in Covid-19 cases in the state of Victoria.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said there was no reason to panic-buy.

(@BNODesk)

NEW: Brazil reports 46,860 new cases of coronavirus, the second-biggest daily increase on record worldwide, and 990 new deaths

I haven't seen Loony Toons in ages.