• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masks are not enough

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Best "fight" against resp viruses is:

The CDC recommends the following to prevent the spread of any respiratory disease:

Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.

Stay home from school or work when you are sick.

Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. (Which means throw away used masks and wash material ones. Get extras)

Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.

Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.

If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.

-Masks are cool but they are (Ed. not) A-1 prevention. Best responsibility is don't be so close to people, etc. Material masks from what I know gather bacteria. It's not about the masks themselves so don't fight over it.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have noticed....after a full shift of work in a warm building
the moisture build up catches in my beard
and then my face smells

not fun

Yeah. I noticed beared maintence take off their masks if they're not in sight of the buildings camera. I guess it gets tangled too I guess.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yeah. I noticed beared maintence take off their masks if they're not in sight of the buildings camera. I guess it gets tangled too I guess.
I do consider respiration as a two fold event......in AND out

I suspect some of use are going to suffer lung infections
just for lack of fresh air circulation

you can't expect to drawn back in what your lungs are expelling
and everything will be fine

oh no

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
and then my face smells

not fun
Wah? Is a smell so hideous and burdensome that you can't tlerate it to reduce the risk you'll spread disease?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I do consider respiration as a two fold event......in AND out

I suspect some of use are going to suffer lung infections
just for lack of fresh air circulation

you can't expect to drawn back in what your lungs are expelling
and everything will be fine

oh no
I wpupd like to point out NO expert has cautioned that mask use will lead to the various claims you have made. Theyre all saying social distance and wearing a mask are the best prevantative measures when we cant avoid a crowd.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I wpupd like to point out NO expert has cautioned that mask use will lead to the various claims you have made. Theyre all saying social distance and wearing a mask are the best prevantative measures when we cant avoid a crowd.
and it's futile

you will be infected
your turn is coming

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
and it's futile

you will be infected
your turn is coming
Its not futile. Amd, if my turn comes (remember, a 100% infection rate has not been predicted), I am doing what I can to increase my odds that comes after we have a treatment. Or once we have a vaccine my turn wont come.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
perspective......

most of your body is water
take that away and you have a lump of cell life and viruses

divide out what ever carries your dna

you then have two lumps of life
yours
and something else

and there is MORE of something else than you

that's right......the bulk of what you see in the mirror
does not have your dna

you are a complex bus service for bacteria and viruses

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Its not futile. Amd, if my turn comes (remember, a 100% infection rate has not been predicted), I am doing what I can to increase my odds that comes after we have a treatment. Or once we have a vaccine my turn wont come.
you will suffer the common cold
guaranteed
100%

repeatedly

same for the virus you will some day have to deal with

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
you will suffer the common cold
guaranteed
100%

repeatedly

same for the virus you will some day have to deal with
There isnt a vaccine for the common cold, so the liklihood if getting it is greater. But not 100% certain.
With covid, a vaccine is coming. We just have to have that thing we once called a value and virtue. What was it? Patents? Partions? Pacify?
Oh, thats right, it's called "patience."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
and then my face smells

not fun
Not to mention glasses fogging up. ;0)

That's why I read the room now. I don't care if I wear one myself and I don't care if people decide to remove it.

I respect people's right and freedom to choose even though I'm high risk. My reason is at some point I'm going to catch the virus anyways no matter what.

If the majority are wearing masks I'll wear one myself if they're not I'll take mine off. I've been finding I've been taking mine off a lot more often now.

Twilight Hue

There isnt a vaccine for the common cold, so the liklihood if getting it is greater. But not 100% certain.
With covid, a vaccine is coming. We just have to have that thing we once called a value and virtue. What was it? Patents? Partions? Pacify?
Oh, thats right, it's called "patience."
While I'm glad that scientists are working feverishly to get something developed, it's more propaganda than fact about the acquisition of a real working antivirus vaccine.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I really don't understand why so many people are afraid of this virus. o_O
Why are so many people afraid of dying? What is so great about this life?
I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of living.
All I would miss would be my cats and my husband, but maybe that is enough to live for.
It would be selfish for me to abandon them because they need me. My husband is helpless without me. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

That might be but I much prefer to die later rather than sooner. And I much prefer avoiding the negative karma that not thinking of the welfare of others will cause.
All you need to do is acquire a mask that works both ways. And remain compliant as an individual.

Personal issue solved.

Twilight Hue

I really don't understand why so many people are afraid of this virus. o_O
Why are so many people afraid of dying? What is so great about this life?
I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of living.
All I would miss would be my cats and my husband, but maybe that is enough to live for.
It would be selfish for me to abandon them because they need me. My husband is helpless without me. :rolleyes:
As a husband myself, I can vouch for the truth of it. *Grin*