• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mask Mandate Lifted on Public Transportation

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Like this ideological extremism?

I'm sure Democrats would do this to Americans if they could.

China is an outlier even compared to most dictatorships, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. Democrats already have the U.S. presidency and a majority in Congress, but we haven't seen anything remotely similar to that in the U.S. Aside from the separation of powers that makes it much harder to go to such a length, Chinese society is also markedly different from that of the U.S., and Democrats haven't proposed anything similar to what's taking place in Shanghai.

I think your sureness that Democrats would do such a thing to Americans is misplaced. I know you're opposed to them, but that doesn't mean you need to believe all kinds of hyperbolic assertions about them or their platform.

**** the mask mandates. It's over.

What is over? The pandemic? Current death counts in the U.S. (since we're not talking about other countries too) say otherwise:

United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

At least you're vaccinated. There are unvaccinated people who have also opposed mask mandates throughout the pandemic, which basically means they have always wanted life to go on as if nothing were happening despite the above figures.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
After all there is no mandate that states anyone is not free to wear a mask if one chooses. It does leave to the conscience to wear one if you have been exposed for the benefit of others. I'm not sure the CDC ought to loose its authority completely leaving it to politics.

I think the CDC loosened its guidelines a couple of months ago. Some of it seems based in the hospitalization rate, since those are the numbers they might look at.

GardenLady

We took a train to NYC the day after this ruling and back home 4 days later. We have Covid. Yeah, we might have gotten it in the theater or on the ferry to the Statue of Liberty or in a restaurant. But we might have gotten it on Amtrak.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like this ideological extremism?

I'm sure Democrats would do this to Americans if they could.

**** the mask mandates. It's over.
Our governor tried something like that, but less restrictive,
eg, banning travel from one home to another, banning
buying paint. But of course, she still allowed buying
booze & state lottery tickets. We had some cops
challenging people why they were traveling....the old
justify why you may travel, & show us your papers stuff.
Not as bad as China, but some of the same spirit.