• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Mary had a little lamb" is a Christian propaganda piece?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Look, just forget the prison statistics. The point I was trying to get at (relating to the OP poem) is that the idea that one particular religion, by itself, could magically solve all of our social ills is a rather ridiculous one.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Look, just forget the prison statistics. The point I was trying to get at (relating to the OP poem) is that the idea that one particular religion, by itself, could magically solve all of our social ills is a rather ridiculous one.
LOL, ok. Sorry for picking on you. I do agree with this.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The poem promotes the Christian right's propaganda point that God/Christ was removed from school when teacher-led prayers were banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
How do you know you're seeing the effects of religion specifically and not education or income?

I wasn't implying their faith caused their criminal behavior. I'm saying that a lack of faith isn't to blame for it, which is what the poem from the OP was trying to suggest. You tried to read way too much into it.