• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martin Luther King’s Dreams of Christianity

Athena Plato

"Who do you say I am?"
the-most-iconic-parts-from-martin-luther-kings-i-have-a-dream-speech.jpg

“As you know, if I were standing at the beginning of time, with the possibility of general and panoramic view of the whole human history up to now, and the Almighty said to me, ‘Martin Luther King, which age would you like to live in?’ ---I would take my mental flight by Egypt through, or rather across the Red Sea, through the wilderness on toward the promised land. And in spite of its magnificence, I wouldn't stop there.---I would move on by Greece, and take my mind to Mount Olympus. And I would see Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Euripides and Aristophanes assembled around the Parthenon as they discussed the great and eternal issues of reality.”---Martin Luther King, Modern Day Philosopher King.

Is there a Chosen One? Or Proof of a Single Deity? Why not ask One of God’s Sons Martin Luther King? “Like the early Christians, we must move into a sometime hostile world armed with the revolutionary gospel of Jesus Christ. With this powerful gospel we shall boldly challenge the status quo.”

Why was God’s Son Killed? A Christian might say that Romans and Jews Killed Him to Forgive Mankind’s Sins. A Muslim might deny that Jesus was God’s Son and defend Romans and Jews, and claim they would never Kill one of the Greatest Prophets in Mankind's History. ---A Jew, might say either, and complain of His 2,000 year Enslavement, Hitler’s Catholic Interpretation of the Holy Bible, and say that Jews are still waiting for their Messiah. A Black Man might say He found His Messiah, Jesus and Martin Luther were Sons of God, and that God is Freedom from Slavery.

Let's agree that we are all God's Children---But how many of us really know who God is?

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
While I have absolute immense respect for Martin Luther King, and I admire your bringing him up here, I am not sure that to give him the same status as Christ is a view that's widespread, for 'the Black Man' or anybody else!

There is more to a statement like 'God is Freedom from Slavery' than meets the eye, I think.

LukeS

Is there a proof of deity?

What about comparative intuition? All else being equal, in a situation of logical agnosticism (logic and science cant decide), then use your intuition.

Forget all presuppositions.

Which intuition is stronger "God exists" or "lack of belief is epistemically appropriate"?