• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martin Lings

Nehustan

This is really a thread which could be in either this section or the Islamic section. It is really by way of introducing an Islamic Scholar who died in 2005 who will be very accessible to anyone who has English as there first language. I read his book on the life of Muhammad when I first became muslim, and I just found out that he died last year.

150px-Lings.jpg

His wiki entry reads...​

Lings was born in Burnage, Lancashire in 1909 to a Protestant family. The young Lings would gain an introduction to travelling at a young age, spending significant time in the United States due to his father's employment. Lings completed his studies at Clifton College, and then studied at Oxford University, Magdalen College. At Oxford, he was a student of C. S. Lewis, who would become a close friend of his.

I will give a link to a few books that may be of interest to people...​