• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martial Law?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Given recent events and the current government, how likely do you think it is that the USA will soon be under martial law?
It's happening right now.

I told you all a few days ago, I think a point has been reached when everything will change. I do not think it's changing for the better for the US.

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And things are going to change faster than you've ever seen before. I hope the United States survives its "saviour."

Terry Sampson

It sounds from Trump's speech that we are now under martial law.
I watched that. Help me out. He stepped up to the plate--much to my surprise--and announced what he has the right to do, but he didn't actually say the magic words "I have just signed an executive order declaring martial law throughout the United States", did he? Or maybe he doesn't have to? Or maybe it was just a photo-opportunity?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For all the doubters. Trump has just declared use of the military to end the riots right now.

Martial law is here folks and trust me he's going to put the military out in the streets now to end things. I'm assuming in a very heavy-handed way.

He just announced it so the stories are not out right now, but it should be shortly.

For those who don't think he would do it, he just did.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched that. Help me out. He stepped up to the plate--much to my surprise--and announced what he has the right to do, but he didn't actually say the magic words "I have just signed an executive order declaring martial law throughout the United States", did he? Or maybe he doesn't have to? Or maybe it was just a photo-opportunity?

Using the US military to conduct domestic policing without the Congressional approval required by Posse Commitatus?

Yes, a photo-op AND ALSO the beginnings of a dictatorship.

Twilight Hue

Well that photo opportunity just translated into actual troops now to wage war against the civilian population that is rioting.

Who knows? It might be the start of the civil war now.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
For all the doubters. Trump has just declared use of the military to end the riots right now.

Martial law is here folks and trust me he's going to put the military out in the streets now to end things. I'm assuming in a very heavy-handed way.

He just announced it so the stories are not out right now, but it should be shortly.

I suppose I should say "congratulations." It's what you've been hoping for, isn't it?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well that photo opportunity just translated into actual troops now to wage war against the civilian population that is rioting.

Who knows? It might be the start of the civil war now.

Not to mention using the military to set up a photo-op

Twilight Hue

Not to mention using the military to set up a photo-op
Well for us who are not participating, we are certainly going to be givin a ringside seat of the now imminent carnage that is soon to commence.

And yep, no doubt Trump will probably be showing up with the military in the background.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Given recent events and the current government, how likely do you think it is that the USA will soon be under martial law?
Martial law would be unlikely to get a president what they wanted. Its a constitutional power, but if its abused people will stop taking it seriously. The public won't take martial law seriously after that. Congress won't for sure, and its Congress which funds the military. The president would pay the military then with...what? Empty promises?

Terry Sampson

Did he say he was "considering" issuing an executive order, or "was going to issue an executive order", or had "issued an executive order", or needed to go over to St. John's Episcopal Church, across the street, and get His approval?

Twilight Hue

I suppose I should say "congratulations." It's what you've been hoping for, isn't it?
No not hoping. Rather predicting of what will happen, and it's happening now.

It's not like you couldn't tell this was something that was, for a significantly long time, brewing and festering in the background.

The question now is when will the actual shooting start.

Rational Agnostic

Well, apparently "martial law" in the same sense has been used quite a few times throughout US history. Martial law in the United States - Wikipedia

I don't really understand the issue. If things are badly out of control, and large portions of cities become unsafe for inhabitants due to rioters, I think use of the military in some of these areas is justified.

Twilight Hue

Did he say he was "considering" issuing an executive order, or "was going to issue an executive order", or had "issued an executive order", or needed to go over to St. John's Episcopal Church, across the street, and get His approval?

That's a good question I don't know if there's an approval process or not. But from what I can tell Trump is going to do it, not if.