• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martial Arts Flyer

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Looks really good, especially for online. I could imagine a printer having kittens at the prospect of printing all that black, though.

But the design does look really good.

One question, though: I wasn't familiar with taijutsu, so I did a quick Google search. Is it mainly hand-to-hand without weapons? If so, people might get the wrong idea of what to expect from the figure of the man with the katana.

Edit - BTW: it's very cool that you've progressed as far as you have in your discipline. I'm a rank beginner in iaido myself.

Last edited:

Master Vigil

You are right about Taijutsu being "weaponless". And I TRIED to find a better picture to vectorize and use, but I could only find pictures of Aikijujutsu, Aikido, and Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. Which I don't teach. So I used a picture of myself and while my Taijutsu class will not feature kenjutsu, I also teach a Kenjutsu class at the same place. So I figure if people get confused, it's ok because they can still get kenjutsu at the same place.

But you are right, I should get another picture. And have two different flyers for each art. Thanks!

Random

Here is a concept that I designed for a Taijutsu Class I may teach. And I would love some constructive criticism. :D

Click the Thumbnail below for the actual size.

Taijutsu? That's pretty open-ended. There are two types of Taijutsu, which just means unarmed combat (so far as I'm aware) - Aikido Taijutsu and Ninpo Taijutsu, or that which is taught in Ninjutsu.

Which of these is the above? I notice you have it advertised as a Karate school...

Could you be specific as to what you're teaching? (IN any case, the flyer is very attractive. :cool:).

Master Vigil

It is pretty open ended, because not everyone knows what Taijutsu even is. Just like I ran a Tang Soo Do school for 2 years, I never advertised it as Tang Soo Do, we always advertised it as Karate. Completely false, but people don't know what Tang Soo Do is, and would nullify the advertising.

As you notice, The contact information is made up. Because it is just a concept, and I don't want to advertise the place just yet. (Long political martial arts story)

some constructive critcism:
but first i must say nicely done

1. the mirrored letters are redundent and hard to read (change to shade or adapting it would fix it)
2. the cuts in the main scroll
3. the dates (sat 1 | 3 tues) might change the separator
4. not sure if you purposly chose for stripes of gray but that effect will only remain if you print it on a aboth avarage printer (if you use a standard one the effect will be lost)

Random

It is pretty open ended, because not everyone knows what Taijutsu even is. Just like I ran a Tang Soo Do school for 2 years, I never advertised it as Tang Soo Do, we always advertised it as Karate. Completely false, but people don't know what Tang Soo Do is, and would nullify the advertising.

As you notice, The contact information is made up. Because it is just a concept, and I don't want to advertise the place just yet. (Long political martial arts story)

Oh, well, OK then. I wouldn't know, but that might be...an effective sales strategy?

Good luck with that. The flyer is excellent, if not accurately informative. ;)

Master Vigil

some constructive critcism:
but first i must say nicely done
Thank you!

1. the mirrored letters are redundent and hard to read (change to shade or adapting it would fix it)
Agreed! I think you are absolutely right.

2. the cuts in the main scroll
Would probably not show up on paper, I didn't think about that.

3. the dates (sat 1 | 3 tues) might change the separator
Good idea!

4. not sure if you purposly chose for stripes of gray but that effect will only remain if you print it on a aboth avarage printer (if you use a standard one the effect will be lost)
Agreed. Hopefully Staples or Business Partners will have some good paper and will be able to print it well.

Thank you so much!