• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mars, Nestle, and Hershey face child slavery lawsuit in US

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
These are allegations in a complaint. Do we know yet if they’re true?
I'm trying to figure out how this works.

It's in a foreign country with different laws and rules and the thought occurred to me that minors cannot sue.

The article dosent mention ages aside that they are young adults now.

I would like to see justice for anyone subjected to horrible conditions, but I'm not sure what the chances are in favor of the former children.

Lawyers of course always win no matter what.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
These are allegations in a complaint. Do we know yet if they’re true?
There's actually a pretty long and well established history of it. The only real legal question is how much responsibility do companies such as Nestle have over buying materials that are sourced from slave labor.
As for evidence, with Nestle it is speculated and assumed last time I checked, with definite evidence existing for Hershey's and I believe it was Mars having purchased their raw ingredients from such sources. Nestle, however, has a notorious history of abuses and atrocities, and their history strongly suggests they are not above doing such a thing.