• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mars Destroyer of Special Relativity

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sure, but it's obviously only a thought experiment. It is the case that as the speed relative to an observer approaches c the apparent passage of time slows towards zero. The craziness comes later, in the faulty analysis of the motion of Mars. But not being expert in SR I am going to leave that to more qualified people to pick up, if they have the time to spare. :rolleyes:

It can only be a thought experiment.

Bob the Unbeliever

God likes me. I am not a liar. I am telling the pure Truth!

False*. False and.... false.

Oh well-- 3 out of 3 has to be worth something, right?

* proof? If this were true, qf's comments would be more in line with the majority of theists, I would think. The fact their comments are such outliers? Would be a good clue that if god exists, it likely does not much care for them.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Dont take this as an attack of you, I do not intend to mock you. But my question is.
Do you see you self as better then Einstein or other highly recognized scientists?
How can you know that in 1000 years anyone will know any of your work? Only a few people in history are still remembered after a 1000 years.
Good questions.

By the way, just in case anyone is following any of this, it is a persistent myth that Einstein was ever rejected by mainstream science. This myth is continually being repeated by cranks and would-be geniuses all over the internet. It is complete nonsense.

Einstein's 1905 ("Annus Mirabilis") papers, written when he was just 26 years old, were read eagerly and widely. His ideas were taken seriously from the start and rapidly adopted. In fact so much so that he was offered a professorship, in a newly created post just for him, a mere three years later, when he was only 30! (In Europe, a "professor" is not just a lecturer, by the way. It is the most senior academic rank in the university.)

What better testament could there be to the openness of science at that time to revolutionary ideas?

Last edited: