• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage: Young Woman, Older Man...

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cablescavenger

If you read the thread you will realise that I haven't insulted you once or said anything that hasn't been fair. The aggression is all coming from you.

What I know and you can never admit is that the reason you are being aggressive is because you agree with me ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Like that he is an admiral in the Navy, has three PhDs *whatever*, and so on. I doubt there a whole lot of ex-Navy submarine captains with three doctorates, formerly served as professors at Duke now marrying his 19 year old co-worker at the local McDonald's. And living in a trailer in a tiny Texas town living off unemployment and disability.

How did his story not raise any suspicions or doubts with her?

A

angellous_evangellous

How did his story not raise any suspicions or doubts with her?

Why not? Her life experience and education were limited by her age - she did not know what a PhD was (or three +), what it meant to be a submarine captain, and whatever else he told her. She was in love - who cares about little things like age and improbable stories?

It was her family and friends that were suspicious - people who were removed a bit from the passion.