• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark of the Beast

A

angellous_evangellous

TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
Ouote This "I never been at that site in my life".All my sources come from,

http://www.amazingfacts.org and the Bible.
Yes, the quotes are widely available. I could have listed the plagarism from a few other sites as well.
So please,cut me a break.If you dont like it ,dont read it.Ok?? If there is something I can help you with,feel free to ask.Anything I tell you will be backed up 100% by the BIBLE.Thats where I get the TRUTH>.God Bless You.And have a great day.Oh,and by the way HAPPY SABBATH.

No breaks for one who lies and steals from others. Personally, I think that you should be banned from RF for continually stealing and lying, and I honestly can't believe that the MODs have not canned you for this. It is stealing to take quotes from other websites without providing citation, and lying by pretending that the ideas are your own.

From wikipedia "plagiarism" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagarism

"Plagiarism is the use of another person’s work (this could be his or her words, products or ideas) for personal advantage, without proper acknowledgement of the original work. Most often the phrase is used to denote deliberate intent of passing it off as one's own work. Plagiarism may occur deliberately (with the intention to deceive) or accidentally (due to poor referencing). It encompasses copying material from a book, copying and pasting information from the World Wide Web, receiving help from unauthorized sources on coursework, and copying answers from a fellow student during an examination (presuming the copied work isn’t attributed). Plagiarism and cheating are not the same; cheating takes many forms, including but not limited to deliberate plagiarism."

What are you talking about??That is my beliefs.What does it matter where I get the quotes from??Did you ever hear of ,I never said that the Idea is mine.And what idea are you talking about??Im not pretending nothing but the TRUTH.So your saying that I cant agree with anyones opinion,or it is stealing.Grow Up.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
TTWSYF never claimed to be the author of the info shared. If the quotes can be found in many places, who is to say who said it first.

Are we committing plagerism everytime we quote the bible and don't say WHICH bible we are quoting from? You have accused me of plagerism when actually what I wrote was misinterpreted, and I didn't quote my source.

TTWSYF is not personally benefiting from sharing these quotes. They were not published with selfish intent. And Plagerism is not the topic of this thread.

EnhancedSpirit said:
TTWSYF never claimed to be the author of the info shared. If the quotes can be found in many places, who is to say who said it first.

Are we committing plagerism everytime we quote the bible and don't say WHICH bible we are quoting from? You have accused me of plagerism when actually what I wrote was misinterpreted, and I didn't quote my source.

TTWSYF is not personally benefiting from sharing these quotes. They were not published with selfish intent. And Plagerism is not the topic of this thread.

Thank you.

SoyLeche

meh...
EnhancedSpirit said:

All we are asking for are links to the information he is providing. Quotes are only worth anything if they are from a reputable source.

Also, Truth, I haven't noticed you actually post anything from the Bible except those which are part of plagerized quotes.

nutshell

The responsibility is on the poster, author, etc. to cite where evidence came from. Not to do so is ILLEGAL! It is, IMHO, a very serious crime and it has no business in any form of writing - including, the posting on the RF.

So, TTWSYF, don't you want to be a law abiding citizen? If so, cite your sources and quit committing this crime.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I was just wondering what some of your views are, on what is the Mark of the Beast we read about in Revelation.I have my opinion.What is yours??

12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (King James Bible, Daniel)

One possible reading of this verse is that the meaning of prophecy would not be comprehensible to people until the time of the end drew near.

If so, then it might make sense to view ancient interpretations of prophecy with much skepticism.

(You could argue that the seals only apply to Daniel and not Revelation, of course.)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Excerpt from the Third Testament-Spirit of Truth

BOL 295:5. My people: The Doctrine of the Spirit, My Doctrine, is the ray of light which comes to dissipate the darkness in which you have penetrated. Only through it, will men succeed in having an absolute and full teaching about their spiritual destiny and a true knowledge about the existence of My justice.

6. The men of today cannot think of God without materializing Him in some form; they cannot talk of temptation without personifying the influence of evil into a being, whose mission is to misguide the spirits, neither can they think of the expiation of one who has sinned without imagining a punishment of fire in hell, which has never existed.

7. Regarding these three confusions which dominate the human mind, I say to you, that if you believe that God is the Holy Spirit, there is no reason to seek Him in a bodily form, since He is Spirit; and that imaginary being whom you call Lucifer or Satan, does not exist, except in the minds of those who have not been able to spiritually interpret My Words, revelations, and messages of previous eras.

Truly I say to you that in the spiritual realm there are many spirits in darkness, sowers of discord, hatred, and perversity; there exist multitudes of spirits whose influence reaches men while transmitting to them evil thoughts and inducing them toward wrongdoings. However, those beings are not demons; they are imperfect beings, disturbed, confused and in darkness, due to suffering, envy or resentment. Do not be surprised if I say to you that their nature is the same your spirit has and the very same as those beings whom you call angels.

BOL 186:18. Have you experienced in your life some material passion, which would embrace all your being, depriving you from listening to the voice of your conscience, of morals and of reason? That is when the spirit has fallen to his lowest, because it is then when the temptations and the strength of the beast of evil, which dwells within the flesh, has dominated him. And, is it not true that you have experienced a profound joy and peace when you have managed to free yourself from that passion and conquered its influence?

BOL 72:43. Prevail over your own selves and the journey will be easy for you; then, you will be able to conquer the beast that John beheld in his revelation.

A

angellous_evangellous

What are you talking about??That is my beliefs.What does it matter where I get the quotes from??Did you ever hear of ,I never said that the Idea is mine.And what idea are you talking about??Im not pretending nothing but the TRUTH.So your saying that I cant agree with anyones opinion,or it is stealing.Grow Up.

It doesn't matter if you happen to share the beliefs of the quote that you steal.

You have very often posted quotes as your own words, pretending to have come up with the idea yourself. That's intellectual dishonesty in its most repulsive form and completely unacceptable.

A

angellous_evangellous

EnhancedSpirit said:

I don't remember doing this. You can PM me proof if you'd like, or we can review it publically. If I accused you of plaigarism, I would have provided indisputable proof, just like with TTWSF. You have not done it repeatedly with impunity and total disregard for the integrity of RF. I suspect that more than 70% of all TTWSF's posts are ripped off other websites with no citation whatsoever, until of course I pointed it out on numerous threads.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
angellous_evangellous said:
I don't remember doing this. You can PM me proof if you'd like, or we can review it publically. If I accused you of plaigarism, I would have provided indisputable proof, just like with TTWSF. You have not done it repeatedly with impunity and total disregard for the integrity of RF. I suspect that more than 70% of all TTWSF's posts are ripped off other websites with no citation whatsoever, until of course I pointed it out on numerous threads.

You are not wrong AA. I never disputed it with you because I in fact had not posted my source and there was no separation between my opinions and the poem I included to back up my opinion, and it appeared that I was using someone elses words as my own. I understood your intent, because you are the plagiarism police. And I do not take it personally that you are so adamant about it.

Others have a harder time understanding it's importance to you, and they take your 'passion' as a personal attack. Then next thing you know you guys are throwing down the gloves and knockin over furnitureKnockout

A

angellous_evangellous

EnhancedSpirit said:
You are not wrong AA. I never disputed it with you because I in fact had not posted my source and there was no separation between my opinions and the poem I included to back up my opinion, and it appeared that I was using someone elses words as my own. I understood your intent, because you are the plagiarism police. And I do not take it personally that you are so adamant about it.

Others have a harder time understanding it's importance to you, and they take your 'passion' as a personal attack. Then next thing you know you guys are throwing down the gloves and knockin over furnitureKnockout

I don't enjoy being lied to, and that's exactly what plaigarism is. I hate seeing someone pretending to express their views and actually are mindlessly pulling stuff out of other people's work. It shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Actually, personally, I don't mind giving someone a gentle reminder if it is accidental or a careless mistake. However, I've seen TTWSF do it so many times that I must conclude that it is not incidental or accidental but a blatant attempt to disguise another's work as their own.

People have been interacting with these 'quotes' as if the poster actually said it, and TTWSF has continued the deception.

Reactions: d.

FFH

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
Not only that, but the Pope's title only works if you change the U to a V. If you are allowed to change letters, anyone's name works.

In the first century A. D., the Romans adopted V's, for both the 'U' and 'W' sounds.

The letter 'W', as its name indicates, has it's origins using a double 'U's (UU), which was later changed to double V's(VV), using the simplified double U's, which are V's, to represent the letter 'W', which is two V's stuck together.

Roman lettering 101 (crash course)

FFH

Veteran Member
Latin
Numeral - I - V - X -- L --- C ---- D ----- M
Value ---- 1- 5 -10 - 50 -100 - 500 - 1000

VICARIVS FILII DEI

V = 5
I = 1
C = 100
A
R
I = 1
V = 5
S

F
I = 1
L = 50
I = 1
I = 1

D = 500
E
I = 1
Total = 666

VICARIVS - In behalf of, or representing
FILII - Son
DEI - God

This title, and it's Roman numerical value, are indications of where the final anti-Christ will rule from, that being the Vatican, in Rome.

I have been to the Vatican. It is a city unto itself, with it's own postal system, police force, etc.

It is the largest church, or religious headquarters, in the world.

FFH

Veteran Member
The final anti-Christ will strive for the establishment of:

one world wide government
one world wide religion
one world wide monetary system

The final anti-Christ will rule from Rome, and will strive to unify the world's governments, religions, and monetary systems, in order to gain political, religious and monetary power, in the last days, over all those that dwell on the earth.

FFH

Veteran Member
divine said:
there's still the matter of ignoring the other letters though.
This is the way the established Latin gematria is set up, using only Roman numerals, and their numerical values.

Greek, Hebrew, and English gematria, are set up utilizing all of it's letters, and/or symbols, and their numerical values, Latin being the exception to this rule.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
The question is... John the Revelator, did he mean latin? Did he mean hebrew? If it applies to the future why didn't he mean in the lingua franca of the times?

Booko

Deviled Hen
FFH said:
I have been to the Vatican. It is a city unto itself, with it's own postal system, police force, etc.

It is the largest church, or religious headquarters, in the world.

And its power (and cash) has been waning since at least 1850, when the Pope was held prisoner in his own house. Heck, you could argue it goes back to the Dissolution of the Monasteries, if you want.

I haven't paid much attention to the current Pope and what he's up to, but the previous one spent his time encouraging his flock, especially the youth, to be good Christians and love Jesus as their Lord and to love others. He spent his prestige and time encouraging parties to cease fighting and find ways to get along.

Posts like this, otoh, are filled with no encouragement and no love. Paranoia perhaps, but no love.

By their fruits shall ye know them.