• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark of the Beast

Nehustan

I think it is the symbol of the sun and also the image is that of a crucified man. I have reasons for this I will delineate if anyone is interested. In fact it was this very issue that lead me to become Muslim.

Adstar

TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
I was just wondering what some of your views are, on what is the Mark of the Beast we read about in Revelation.I have my opinion.What is yours??

The Mark of the beast will be linked to the new economic system. No one will be able to buy or sell anything without it. The King James bible states.

Revelation 13
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The World has already made the structures needed for a cashless society with credits cards and fptos. The next logical step is to do away with the cards (that are vulnerable to thieft) and replace them with an implant able chip that will act as a card.

Here is a good artical about it.

The Future of Shopping

NewsweekJune 7-14 issue - Antoine Hazelaar has a chip on his shoulder—or rather just beneath the skin of his left arm. It's a piece of silicon the size of a grain of rice, and it emits wireless signals that are picked up by scanners nearby. Ever since the 34-year-old Web-site producer had the chip implanted in his arm, he's enjoyed VIP status at Barcelona's Baja Beach Club. Instead of queuing up behind velvet ropes, Hazelaar allows the bouncer to scan his arm, and strolls right in. If he wants a drink, the bartender waves an electronic wand that deducts from the 100 Euro tab on Hazelaar's chip.

Such sci-fi clubbing is made possible by Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID, technology—tiny digital chips that broadcast wireless signals. RFID tags are cheap and small enough to be disposable, and they're getting cheaper and smaller by the day. Retail stores are beginning to use them as glorified bar codes, putting them on cases of bananas or crates of Coke so they can keep track of their inventory. The technology has the potential to transform our relationship to the objects around us. In theory, stores could dispense with checkout counters—instead, you'd grab items off the rack or shelves and walk out the door, while an RFID reader takes note of the items and takes the money right out of your e-wallet. Your clothes could tell your washing machine what settings to use. "RFID could help give inanimate objects the power to sense, reason, communicate and even act," says Glover Ferguson, chief scientist for the consulting firm Accenture. The prospect is exciting, but it raises troubling questions about the invasion of privacy.

For now, businesses see it as a way to save money and improve service. Big groceries, department stores and other retailers around the world are asking suppliers to put RFID tags on shipments of goods. Staff will know exactly where items are and when they came in. Customers will never have to leave the store empty-handed because items will never run out—wireless signals will alert staffers to dwindling supplies of diapers or soup. What's more, RFID will help combat theft and counterfeiting, problems that cost businesses $500 billion a year.

For some retailers, RFID is a way to provide a more seamless shopping experience. British retail giant Marks &Spencer is currently tagging men's suits in several London stores as part of a test. When you buy a size 42, the stockroom—alerted by the tag——sends up another. Metro's Future Store in Rheinberg, Germany, is putting tags on individual items. Better not steal a razor—its RFID tag will warn security. Pick up a bottle of Pantene shampoo, and a promotional film plays on a nearby screen. The cream cheese can tell staffers when it's gone off. Wincor Nixdorf and Texas Instruments are developing a system that suggests accessories to clothing items. In Prada's New York store, if you hold a dress near a monitor, you'll see models wearing it on a runway.

As the Baja Beach Club trial shows, RFID can tag people as well as goods. Some hospitals are using RFID bracelets on newborn babies and elderly patients with dementia. Children in one Japanese cram school wave RFID cards to alert their parents that they've arrived. Amusement parks in the United States are issuing RFID badges that light up to let people know when it's their turn on the roller coaster.

Privacy implications remain a big obstacle. The fear is that companies or governments could use the tags as a means of surveillance. "Supermarket cards and retail surveillance devices are merely the opening volley," says Katherine Albrecht, founder of the U.S.- based privacy group caspian. "If consumers fail to oppose these practices now, our long-term prospects may look like something from a dystopian science-fiction novel." Proponents counter that RFID tags transmit for only a few meters, and the data can be encrypted or deactivated once a product leaves the store. Nevertheless, caspian and other watchdog groups have won concessions from retailers. Wal-Mart and Benetton will only use the tags on pallets, not on individual items, and Metro has gotten rid of RFID-enabled loyalty cards. Utah now requires clear labeling of an RFID-tagged product; a bill in California would ban retailers from using RFID to collect information about consumers.

In any case, ubiquitous chipping is years away. The cost of RFID tags will have to drop from 20 cents each to five cents or less if they're to grace trillions of consumer items. Also, the signal doesn't pass through liquid or metal, which makes it tough to tag a can of soda or a nine-volt battery. And people may not like the idea of being surrounded by tiny transmitters sending out electromagnetic radiation. Undaunted, RFID chipmaker VeriChip is looking for big banks and credit-card firms interested in offering RFID-based e-wallets. If successful, they would truly give shouldering up to the bar for a drink a whole new meaning.

So The Mark will be something that will be absolutely necessary to buy or sell anything. There have been other marks throughout history that have been identified as the Mark but having them has never been absolutely necessary to take part in the economy or trade. Anyone with cash can buy things, until that is when cash no longer exists.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Karl R

TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
I was just wondering what some of your views are, on what is the Mark of the Beast we read about in Revelation.
I've never really cared. Revelation isn't clear about what it means. The speculation I've heard about it sounds like wild guesses.

Instead of focusing on speculation about the end times, I prefer to focus on here and now. That's more than enough work for me.

FFH

Veteran Member
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Microchip - Mark of the Beast[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
image002.jpg
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Legend :[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) « 666 : microchip »[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2) « Mark for the soul/spirit »
image004.jpg
[/FONT]

FFH

Veteran Member
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Microchip Mark[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
image002.jpg
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Legend :[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) « The microchip mark… »[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2) “...Of Satan”
image004.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3) “On his right hand for Satan...”
image006.jpg
[/FONT]

A

angellous_evangellous

The "mark" is a myth. It has its only contact with reality is in the minds of the original readers of the text. It has nothing to do with us or our time period whatsoever.

FFH

Veteran Member
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ruin will remove the Lord in you. The Mark is a radiance, a vapour of gas, a precipice. In me, cursed is the core of the Verichip.[/FONT]​

verichip.GIF

verichip1.GIF

FFH

Veteran Member
Lithium
  1. A soft, silvery, highly reactive metallic element that is used as a heat transfer medium, in thermonuclear weapons, and in various alloys, ceramics, and optical forms of glass. Atomic number 3; atomic weight 6.941; melting point 179°C; boiling point 1,317°C; specific gravity 0.534; valence 1. See table at element.
  2. Any of several salts of lithium, especially lithium carbonate.

A

angellous_evangellous

divine said:

My favorite:

rabin.gif

Yitzhak Rabin

Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin was shot dead on November 4, 1995. His assassin was Igal Amir, who fired three shots of which one hit Rabin fatally in the chest. Amir was a student at Bar-Ilan University, and associated with an underground group Eyal which modelled itself on a historical terrorist group called Lehi. Amir was angered by Rabin's role in the "Peace Process" and especially by the Oslo accords.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I don't know, and I don't think we'll know until the time comes. I can say that microchips, tatoos, and the like are rather simplistic solutions to it. If it requires "wisdom," then it isn't going to be something so blaringly obvious. My guess would be to look first for something in the Roman imperial cult and see how Christians related to it and how people were initiated instead of mixing and matching the latest technological fad.

Faint

FFH said:
"Will you be paying with VeriChip or Mondex today sir."

www.VeriChipCorp.com (Modern day Visa card)
www.Mondex.com (Modern day Mastercard)
Yeah yeah, and before that it was barcodes. Twenty years from now you'll be telling us the mark is in retinal scans. Meanwhile, you'll still be waiting for the antichrist to show up when we all know his name is Clay Aiken.