• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark of the Beast is Sunday Worship

The beast, the papacy- thinking to change times and laws- as had been prophesied by Daniel has set up his own day in opposition to God's holy day. When it shall be unlawful to buy or sell without keeping the papal sabbath- sun day, it shall then be the mark of the beast.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
The beast, the papacy- thinking to change times and laws- as had been prophesied by Daniel has set up his own day in opposition to God's holy day. When it shall be unlawful to buy or sell without keeping the papal sabbath- sun day, it shall then be the mark of the beast.

Awwww gee whiz.
Will ya please explain "The beast, the papacy" for some that don't
know what you mean.
I do know but many others do not.
I just don't know what that "beast" means to you.

A really good read here.http://www.onenesspentecostal.com/beast17.htm

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Hm. (Purposely sarcastic) So, celebrating the Lord on a Sunday (and Mass is everyday of the week two to three times a day) is the mark of the beast?

Or is it not worship that's the issue but something surface level?

Judging a person's worship as the mark of the beast based on the surface level tradition that, without experiencing it (internally and spiritually not routine and ritualistic), means nothing?

Isn't that inappropriate to relate worship to the mark of the beast?

How does a day out of the week affect a person's relationship with Christ?

Since Catholics and like denominations celebrate everyday of the week; and, Catholics do twice or three times a day depending on where you're from, would it be odd to tell a Catholic that he can only worship Monday through Saturday and leave sunday out and maybe go to work instead?

Is there more of a deeper meaning to your thread rather than days of the week and rituals? If not, how does a person's relationship with Christ devalue because he worships on a Sunday?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oh gee, where have we heard this before. Hey, if it makes one feel better, I'm "the beast", so there!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I wasn't aware that it was the 16-19th century. Maybe one day you'll join us in the current era.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Sabbath was changed a lot earlier than the 16-18th C. The early church, in an effort to distance themselves from the Jews, to establish themselves as a separate religion, forbade "Judeizing" by observing the original Sabbath.

Isn't the mark supposed to be an actual mark, on the hand or forehead?
The forehead represents the mind and receiving the mark on the forehead means believing that the spurious papal sabbath is true. We work with our right hands. Men will be made to believe in the false sabbath which the sign of the pope's (ie the beast's) authority above God in that he can change God's law or they will not be allowed to buy or sell. There is another class which receive the seal of God in their foreheads, see Rev 7:2,3 'And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.'
In Isaiah 8:16, the scripture says 'Bind up the testimony, seal the Law among my disciples'. The seal of God is only found in the 4th commandment. This only of all the 10 gives the title and the name of the Lawgiver. So it is that at the end of the world those who will bow to national law enjoining Sunday rest will show their allegiance to the authority of the pope and so receive the mark of the beast while those who honor God's everlasting Sabbath will show their allegiance to His government and receive the seal of God.

I wasn't aware that it was the 16-19th century. Maybe one day you'll join us in the current era.
The subject of the mark of the beast is very much of interest to us who are living in these last days. It will be the test which will determine this world's destiny. It is 'the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.' Revelation 3:10.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The subject of the mark of the beast is very much of interest to us who are living in these last days. It will be the test which will determine this world's destiny. It is 'the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.' Revelation 3:10.
I have to disagree about the sunday thing. The reason being, the original calendar was changed, anyway, so 'saturday', is completely arbitrary. It's just a designator for the rest day, it has no inherent difference from any other day of the week. For Xians, or Jesus adherents, at least. For Judaism, you could ask in the Judaism DIR.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm talking about your old-timey virulent anti-Catholicism, which was at its height during those centuries.

I'm talking about your old-timey virulent anti-Catholicism, which was at its height during those centuries.
The Word of God designates the Catholic church mystery Babylon. While God has his honest children still in Babylon, she herself is incorrigible, in accordance with the saying of holy Writ, ' Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.' Jeremiah 13:23. She is drunk with the blood of the saints- 50 million slain over a thousand years- and she will do it again should the opportunity arise.
The church in the previous centuries was alive to the identity and nature of mystery Babylon. It is so sad that most of the Protestant world has forgotten true history. In America too, the nation founded by those escaping her fierce persecution, the people have largely forgotten this.

Last edited:
I have to disagree about the sunday thing. The reason being, the original calendar was changed, anyway, so 'saturday', is completely arbitrary. It's just a designator for the rest day, it has no inherent difference from any other day of the week. For Xians, or Jesus adherents, at least. For Judaism, you could ask in the Judaism DIR.
It is not arbitrary. The number of days in the calendar year was adjusted but not the number of days in the week. Various nations around the world have retained the name of the Creator's rest day in their tongues. Sabbath means rest. Here are some examples: Arabic sabet, Armenian shabat, Greek savvato, Polish Subota, Russian Subbota, and many many more languages.

This is ironic.
It is not if you understand that the Catholic church is the great falling away prophesied by Paul. 2 Thess 2:3,4 'Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come (Christ's return), except there come a falling away first (Catholic apostasy), and that man of sin (the Pope) be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.' My explanations are in brackets.
The true church was underground for a thousand years dwelling in the wilderness and in caves, hiding from the wrath of the apostate church. I mean no offence but we need to hear the truth, because error could not was save us.

Last edited:

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

If I may..??...You cant really trust religious documents with a definate bias and agenda - to give you unadulterated or whole spiritual truths - for that we would need Christ and only His direct word...Lucky for us - we have such sources available still - and this issue of the RC church and its future legacy, was laid out by Him very directly and very plainyl for all to see.....In this instance - it is to be found in the gospel of JUDAS - but as we know the religion itself went on to ban this book, among many others - in fact ALL the original disciple gospels became "herasy" to this religion and all ORIGINAL truth was subsequently replaced with twisted "catholic doctrine"..YES - many many ORIGINAL texts once existed - and from these the catholics literally invented the canon gospels to suit their own agenda of domination...When we go look AT the original truth though - even what little remains - it becomes very very obvious - undeniable - that Christs truth is not to be found in the bible - for the original gosples tell a completly different truth whrere such religious institution is to be fully shunned and avoided He warned us clearly...>here in Judas - is perhaps the most damning evidence regarding the religion and its nature - its legacy - and how Christ REALLY feels abouth tings ot be done in HIS name - but NOT by HIS legitimate followers..From Judas then - lets see this religion as CHRIST explains it :

They [said, “We have seen] a great [house with a large] altar [in it, and] twelve
men—they are the priests, we would say—and a name; and a crowd of people is waiting
at that altar, [until] the priests [... and receive] the offerings. [But] we kept waiting.”
[Jesus said], “What are [the priests] like?”
They [said, “Some ...] two weeks; [some] sacrifice their own children, others their
wives, in praise [and] humility with each other; some sleep with men; some are involved
in [slaughter]; some commit a multitude of sins and deeds of lawlessness. And the men
who stand [before] the altar invoke your [name], [39] and in all the deeds of their
deficiency, the sacrifices are brought to completion [...].”
After they said this, they were quiet, for they were troubled

So we note straight away that some text is missing..Thats a real pity - but is just evidence of the never ending effort by church to destroy and with hold the ORIGINAL truth of Christ and His disciples, and replace it as said - the world over - with their own version - until that bogus version became accepted as "the only truth"....HERE - and many other original tomes - we learn how Christ really felt about all this though..The disciples apprioach Him here with a SHARED SPIRITUAL VISION - of a FUTURE religion - that as we can see,even with chunks missing, this religion is EXTREMELY CORRUPT - sacrificing innocent lives, giving the church and priest praise and authority above god - sexual perversions - deeds of lawlessness - and all done IN THE NAME OF CHRIST !!!

Look - honestly - there is only ONE "future religion" that ALL THAT APPLIES TO - indeed,the religion has become RENOWNED for such conduct, hasnt it..?...Yes - just as PROPHESISED here by the disciples directly..:.....THIS ia a vison of the future CATHOLIC religion..Beyond any odubt - and look next - this is how Christ replies to them :

Truly I say to you, all the priests who stand before that altar invoke my name. Again I say to you, my name has been written on this[...] of the generations of the stars through the human generations. [And they] have
planted trees without fruit, in my name, in a shameful manner.”
Jesus said to them, “Those you have seen receiving the offerings at the altar—that is who you are. That is the god you serve, and you are those twelve men you have seen. The cattle you have seen brought for sacrifice are the many people you lead astray [40] before that altar. [...] will stand and make use of my name in this way, and generations of the pious will remain loyal to him. After him another man will stand there from [the fornicators], and another [will] stand there from the slayers of children, and another from those who sleep with men, and those who abstain, and the rest of the people of pollution and lawlessness and error, and those who say, ‘We are like angels’; they are the stars that bring everything to its conclusion. For to the human generations it has been said, ‘Look, God has received your sacrifice from the hands of a priest’—that is, a minister of error. But it is the Lord, the Lord of the universe, who commands, ‘On the last day they will be put to shame.’” [

Let it sink in deep Folks...The institute in this vision - is obviously wholly corrupt, yes..?...

And Christ tells us undeniably - this religion is the LEGACY of the disciples who have failed to understand Him..He says this church - HAS PLANTED TREES WITHOUT FRUIT - IN HIS NAME - AND THIS IS SHAMEFUL TO HIM !!

He says the disciples fail to understand and STILL SERVE THE WRONG GOD !!

This "god" has received sacrifice from the hands of a priest He said - and this is a MINISTER OF ERROR - LEADING COUNTLESS THOUSANDS AWAY FROM THE FATHER !!

But look He warns - in the end it is the LEGITIMATE SOVEREIGN LORD - Our Father - who will finally put hem all to shame..Clearly - HE and Our Father - are NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE OLD JEWISH GOD YAHWEH...That one is not Our Father...He says here the disciples fail to understand Him, cling to the old god - a full on error that leads many thousands away from legitimate truth that He came to give freely...Because of their failure, all this future corruptin will come about IN HIS name - but not done by those who know HIS TRUTH - He says this religion is a SHAM - literally - SHAMEFUL to Him He says !!

Our Father is NOT the old jewish god - best advise then,same as His - turn from the religion entirely - despise it - you must come to HATE your parents he warned - for those with ears to hear..

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It is not arbitrary. The number of days in the calendar year was adjusted but not the number of days in the week. Various nations around the world have retained the name of the Creator's rest day in their tongues. Sabbath means rest. Here are some examples: Arabic sabet, Armenian shabat, Greek savvato, Polish Subota, Russian Subbota, and many many more languages.

Hi friend. Saturday doesn't mean rest, though. It means ''Saturns day''. Do you worship Saturn?

Last edited: