• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marjorie Taylor Greene hit with third fine for not wearing mask on House floor

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This dogmatic Miltionian Libertarian sees OSHA as useful
regulation.
I don't see that much in common with you and Milton. Milton was dogmatically opposed to regulations, including OSHA. According to him it was forcing someone to spend money, nothing more than an one of the "alphabets of organizations" that impose controls against liberty. The EPA, Consumer protections, all of it's bad, all of it standing in the way of a market that would fix it all if free.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The truth that is brought about through lead by example.

Its well documented that it's not the case on numerous occasions by those that accuse others over the same thing.

So someday they will fess up to the truth of lead by example?

The facts (rather than truth) is that masks help mitigate viral spread during pandemics of airborn illnesses. I do expect leaders to lead by example, and am disappointed when they mess up, but I do give people the grace of being human and making mistakes. At least they are trying. Beats the hell out of the Trump Republicans right now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So someday they will fess up to the truth of lead by example?

The facts (rather than truth) is that masks help mitigate viral spread during pandemics of airborn illnesses. I do expect leaders to lead by example, and am disappointed when they mess up, but I do give people the grace of being human and making mistakes. At least they are trying. Beats the hell out of the Trump Republicans right now.
Dosent matter. Failure to lead by example speaks volumes about the real risk or what not.

Leaders are supposed to be more informed than the general public and if they don't reflect that, it tells me it's hyped and propaganda infested by varying degrees.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Dosent matter. Failure to lead by example speaks volumes about the real risk or what not.

Leaders are supposed to be more informed than the general public and if they don't reflect that, it tells me it's hyped and propaganda infested by varying degrees.

The real risk? So you're suggesting that the risk of COVID is less than we assume because of politics?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course. Remember AOC dancing outside the Capitol no less and having fun in a group without a mask and when it was announced the camaras would be there for the propaganda, she suddenly put it on and when it was over she took off the mask again.

At least she's outside and some distance from others.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe someday they will fess up to the truth of the matter.

For now it proves beyond a doubt it's all political and not actually medical urgency at play here.
How do you come to that conclusion? How is it almost all the medical professionals disagree?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your just biased because people don't see it your way.

I see it as rights and preservation of liberty and freedom.
You don't.
So your an anarchist who believes no law or regulation is legitimate?
Twilight Hue said:
Hardly.

You would rather violate human rights in the name of health and safety.
So humans may legitimately endanger others in the name of freedom?

What's the point of having a country -- a coöperative confederation of people to promote group prosperity -- when you don't believe in the social contract; when you don't feel any obligation to others as a member of the group?

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The lines would be, "Can a company dictate what people can and cannot do with their own bodies and person under any threat or sanction"?
"Representatives should wear a mask on the House floor" dictates what people can and cannot do with their own bodies to about the same degree as "nobody should use Marjorie Taylor Greene's desk on the House floor as a urinal" does.

Who's spreading it is us.
Where it originated? Probably Wuhan or vicinity, but this makes little epidemiological difference at this point.
I don’t understand the divisive speech concerning masks and vaccinations. Unnecessary in my opinion, only causes division. With so much disagreement about these it’s almost like you should wear the mask on your ear and strap up when in certain company and let it hang in others.:confused:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see that much in common with you and Milton. Milton was dogmatically opposed to regulations, including OSHA.
I don't recall him weighing in on OSHA.
Couldn't find anything on the internet.
Whaddaya got?

BTW, Uncle Miltie & I have much in common.
Did you know that he was active in fighting the
military draft? This was back when your liberals
wanted to expand it, & your conservatives loved it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Representatives should wear a mask on the House floor" dictates what people can and cannot do with their own bodies to about the same degree as "nobody should use Marjorie Taylor Greene's desk on the House floor as a urinal" does.
Think someone is going to pee on her desk?