• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marjorie Taylor Greene hit with third fine for not wearing mask on House floor

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not when it violates personal choice.

A simple test ought to suffice.
Personal choice can take a back seat when it comes to public health. Personal choice can take a back seat to work place safety guidelines that are in place to help keep workers safe. And last I knew employees do not have a right to make such demands of an employer. Such as, if an area requires you wear a hardhat there is no debating and arguing personal choice. You wear the hat or you aren't allowed in.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Personal choice can take a back seat when it comes to public health. Personal choice can take a back seat to work place safety guidelines that are in place to help keep workers safe. And last I knew employees do not have a right to make such demands of an employer. Such as, if an area requires you wear a hardhat there is no debating and arguing personal choice. You wear the hat or you aren't allowed in.

Like a true communist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I always carry a hardhat in Mr Van.
Never know when someplace might require it.
I'd never try that "personal choice" bedonkerie on someone
who could deny me access to some scrap iron treasure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like a true communist.
Communists would be the ones over-regulating
employers. I oppose government having the power
to enforce unsafe workplaces in the name of
"personal choice" or "religious exemption" for
those foolish snowflakes who won't vaccinate.

Twilight Hue

OSHA isn't communist.
It also dosent force people to take medicine in the name of safety as a requirement.

But if people want to put the business out of business, it's the absoulte perfect methodology to do it.

Hopefully rule books have hands to make up for the missing extra labor levied on those still remaining.

At least it's cheaper for the owners.

Twilight Hue

Communists would be the ones over-regulating
employers. I oppose government having the power
to enforce unsafe workplaces in the name of
"personal choice" or "religious exemption" for
those foolish snowflakes who won't vaccinate.
Eh. They will get work in a more preferable setting.

Good luck employers. You will need it.

Twilight Hue

Except for the CEO right? He can go and wear whatever he or she wants.

We Never Know

No Slack
Marjorie Taylor Greene hit with third fine for not wearing mask on House floor (nbcnews.com)

She's racked up a total of $5500 in fines.

20191015_jk3104032.jpg

She could show up in a space suit next time. That should be enough to comply with the mask mandate.

How much will Biden be fined?

"Seemingly unconcerned with social etiquette during a pandemic, President Joe Biden appeared to cough or clear his throat, with his hand raised to his mouth, before shaking hands with audience members following a New Jersey speaking event Monday.

The 78-year-old president, who was maskless, walked off the stage and greeted a line of people, shaking their hands and pulling one individual in close for words, video shows. Biden was in the Garden State to discuss his Build Back Better agenda and the bipartisan infrastructure deal."

Maskless Biden appears to cough or clear throat in hand before meet and greet

We Never Know

No Slack
This is just about insane. you do not seem to understand rights. One has a right not to wear a mask. One does not have a right not to wear a mask when around other people. Do you need it explained again?

Tell that to Biden.

"Seemingly unconcerned with social etiquette during a pandemic, President Joe Biden appeared to cough or clear his throat, with his hand raised to his mouth, before shaking hands with audience members following a New Jersey speaking event Monday.

The 78-year-old president, who was maskless, walked off the stage and greeted a line of people, shaking their hands and pulling one individual in close for words, video shows. Biden was in the Garden State to discuss his Build Back Better agenda and the bipartisan infrastructure deal."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The article points out that he is an idiot. At least if he claims to be a health care worker he is one. They should know better than this:

"For me to wear a mask defies the efficacy and purpose of a mask and sends an untruthful message that I am susceptible to infection or could transmit it,”

New variants are appearing all of the time. Two things happen as time goes on. A persons immunity drops. Some faster than others. And age is a factor. And one is less immune against new variants than the version that one had.

AAAS

They could become more common over the next couple of months if early cases begin to lose their immunity. Reinfections with the four coronaviruses that cause the common cold occur after an average of 12 months, a team led by virologist Lia van der Hoek at Amsterdam University Medical Center recently showed. Van der Hoek thinks COVID-19 may follow that pattern: "I think we'd better prepare for a wave of reinfections over the coming months." That's "bad news for those who still believe in herd immunity through natural infections," she adds, and a worrisome sign for vaccines.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
How much will Biden be fined?

Certainly a bad idea, but you expect him to be fined for not following White House health protocol while in New Jersey?