• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana Contains "Alien DNA" From Outside Of Our Solar System, NASA Confirms

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Physics-Astronomy.org

Unbelievable! Check this out.

It didn't have anything about that at all. It was just an article about how people don't read internet links with phony headlines, then spread them around on social media as fact, where no one else will actually click on it and read the article.

Why would someone post a link to an article they didn't even read?

But another thing caught my attention from that site:

Physics-Astronomy.org: Uranus Will Look Spectacular This Month

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why would someone post a link to an article they didn't even read?
Dunno. But it happens here a lot.
Dang.

Ironically, it takes a considerable amount of weed to write this type of piece alone. ;0]
Yeah, this really isn't the thread for that. It's more obvious than usual who read the article.
That post very strongly suggests you didn't, because the article itself has nothing to do with pot or aliens or dna. Nothing at all that the title contains. And it's a rather clever set up.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, this really isn't the thread for that. It's more obvious than usual who read the article.
That post very strongly suggests you didn't, because the article itself has nothing to do with pot or aliens or dna. Nothing at all that the title contains. And it's a rather clever set up.

I'll take that as being a resounding Yes!

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It didn't have anything about that at all. It was just an article about how people don't read internet links with phony headlines, then spread them around on social media as fact, where no one else will actually click on it and read the article.

Yes, and I thought that it was an interesting idea. That's why I reproduced it here - to see what kind of reaction it got. When I saw the headline, I knew that it was false, but what isn't these days? I wanted to see how they were planning to defend the claim when I learned what the purpose of the piece actually was. The clue was putting the thread in the psychology forum. And adding the word "unbelievable." I meant it literally. This just isn't believable, but the point of writing it was to illustrate that that won't stop many people who want it to be true or are alarmed that it might be true to start forwarding it to others unread.

Yeah, this really isn't the thread for that. It's more obvious than usual who read the article. That post very strongly suggests you didn't, because the article itself has nothing to do with pot or aliens or dna. Nothing at all that the title contains. And it's a rather clever set up.

You got it. Glad you liked it.

I like the way they said that NASA confirmed that the DNA was alien. They're engineers, not geneticists. Why would NASA have the specimen? Did it hit the International Space Station and get brought inside? Did aliens learn to cultivate marijuana and then lose their bag in space? Did they decide at NASA that they should be the ones to make decisions about DNA? What base sequence identifies it as alien?

It's obviously a bogus headline.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Why would NASA have the specimen?
Why would NASA have a specimen of marijuana?
"Huh? This? Oh... that's for... um... er... research! Yeah, super important space research! Yep, just all about the research of this sample, just researching researching researching... what kind of research? ...uh...um... the... uh... genetics! Yeah, the genetics of the sample! ...what does genetics have to do with space research? ...um... uh... er... we believe... um... we believe... that the genetics... the genetics are ALIEN! Yeah! That's it! Totally alien genetics in our sample that we are researching for our completely legit space research! Very important! Please close the door and dim the lights on your way out so we can get back to our researching!"

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's about sharing things and not reading them. Saying it took a "considerable amount of weed" to write it, well, it doesn't seem like you actually read it.
That's what happens when you take weed. The mind wanders, and you end up forgetting what your writing and end up with something entirely different than what you started with.

So I can only surmise it must of took a considerable amount of weed to end up with a completely unrelated title and main body.

Consider it my analysis.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what happens when you take weed. The mind wanders, and you end up forgetting what your writing and end up with something entirely different than what you started with.

So I can only surmise it must of took a considerable amount of weed to end up with a completely unrelated title and main body.

Consider it my analysis.

So, the person who wrote the article was a joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker?