• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mao Tse-Tung and Pol Pot killed in the name of atheism

ronki23

If religion is so bad, then no religion is worse as Mao killed to purge China of religion and we saw 20-70 million die under Mao's regime, the most people who died under one person's rule. Granted most deaths were starvation but 14.5 to 18.7 deaths were landowners plus up to 2 million counterrevolutionaries. The majority of Chinese art and architecture was destroyed during the Cultural Revolution. I hate Mao

Pol Pot was even worse; he killed people just because they were Buddhist or Muslim but he also killed professionals (including people who worse glasses), Viets and Chinese. A quarter of Cambodia's population was killed off.

Do atheists and antitheists justify the killings of theists under Mao and Pol Pot?

@Aupmanyav @viole

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Up until now, atheists just deny that it was in the name of atheism. They blame "politics" even though they were stamping out religiions.

Flat earth syndrome in my opinion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I see...this argument is a desperate attempt to demonize atheism, but we all know that Politics is a blind force that transcends beliefs and religions.

If atheism played some role...then we have to admit that the red dragon will own the world thanks to atheism?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There were other factors besides atheists stamping out religions, not that that really matters in brutality. The Chinese situation was more poor against rich, an economic uprising, and the end of feudal peasantry. I suggest Fan shen as a good read to get more insight.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Up until now, atheists just deny that it was in the name of atheism. They blame "politics" even though they were stamping out religiions.

Flat earth syndrome in my opinion.
Oh my, your beliefs are all but Flat Earth beliefs. You really need to learn how to make proper comparisons.

Did Hitler kill in the name of Christianity? He was a Christian after all.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Communist China was the most bloodthirsty mass murdering machine of a regime the earth has ever seen, and China didn't even get a slap on the wrist for it.

No need to mention what they did to Tibet.

Communist China killed more people than Nazis and Japanese combined, and the regime got away with it...in school I heard so much about Hitler did...Not a word was said about Mao...he is all over Chinese money and treated like a hero.. The Communist Chinese flag should make us just as sick as the swastika!
Worst Atrocities Committed by the Communist Party of China - Vision Times

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hitler was a vegetarian, thus we can conclude that vegetarians are antisemites, right?
Vegan spelled backwards in Nagev, the Israeli desert.

(Well, actually, the Israeli desert is the Negev but, given the OP, this is not likely to be one of those threads that concerns itself with facts.)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If religion is so bad, then no religion is worse as Mao killed to purge China of religion and we saw 20-70 million die under Mao's regime, the most people who died under one person's rule. Granted most deaths were starvation but 14.5 to 18.7 deaths were landowners plus up to 2 million counterrevolutionaries. The majority of Chinese art and architecture was destroyed during the Cultural Revolution. I hate Mao

Pol Pot was even worse; he killed people just because they were Buddhist or Muslim but he also killed professionals (including people who worse glasses), Viets and Chinese. A quarter of Cambodia's population was killed off.

Do atheists and antitheists justify the killings of theists under Mao and Pol Pot?

@Aupmanyav @viole

Oh, ronki! Atheists are simply not at all interested -- for no better reason than that they are atheists -- in breaking down your door and killing you in order to seize your holy scriptures and your stack of Playboys. So take a few deep breaths. You have no reason to drum up fear of them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, ronki! Atheists are simply not at all interested in breaking down your door in order to seize your bible and your stack of Playboys. You have no reason to fear them.
How do we know that? With your personal religion you would almost surely be after my stash.

Do they still publish that magazine? Hmm.... just check.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

@Aupmanyav @viole
What do they do? Were they quoted as saying, "I'm going to murder everybody in the name of atheism"?

Anyways atheism isn't a religion or belief. Kind of clutching at straws here.

The word atheism itself wouldn't even have existed if it wasn't for theists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

@Aupmanyav @viole
Some atheists are terrible people.
But atheism itself doesn't lead to becoming murderous oppressors.
It doesn't lead anywhere....except away from churches.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Communist China was the most bloodthirsty mass murdering machine of a regime the earth has ever seen, and China didn't even get a slap on the wrist for it.

No need to mention what they did to Tibet.

Communist China killed more people than Nazis and Japanese combined, and the regime got away with it...in school I heard so much about Hitler did...Not a word was said about Mao...he is all over Chinese money and treated like a hero.. The Communist Chinese flag should make us just as sick as the swastika!
Worst Atrocities Committed by the Communist Party of China - Vision Times

Read about Ghengis Kahn before you throw a statement like that. He killed 5% of the world's population in the name of conquest.

Christian crusades: 400-500 million lives.

Islamic conquest 600-1 billion lives

Mao Tse Dong 60-80 million

Stalin: 26 million

American conquest across the frontier : 26 million

Hitler 9 million

But hitler is somehow the worst of them all.