• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many different religious opinions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I believe I had a visit from the Mormons and in parting they asked me to pray about Mormonism. I did and God told me the so called angel Moroni was actually a demon. I believe that shows you should be careful what you wish for.
Hmmm

101G

Can they all be true?
NO.
some has said there is a little truth in all of them. a little truth is a whole LIE in disguise.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 "And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:" 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," 2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

was we all not warned? Isaiah 66:4 "I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."

there is no little or half of a TRUTH. either it's a full lie, or the whole TRUTH, and nothing but the truth.

101G.

PS we suggest one seek God, for he will TEACH YOU.

YoursTrue

NO.
some has said there is a little truth in all of them. a little truth is a whole LIE in disguise.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 "And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:" 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," 2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

was we all not warned? Isaiah 66:4 "I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."

there is no little or half of a TRUTH. either it's a full lie, or the whole TRUTH, and nothing but the truth.

101G.

PS we suggest one seek God, for he will TEACH YOU.
Some of us will get ETERNAL LIFE. Although we do have a beginning.
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28.
Jesus GIVES them eternal life. They had a beginning but will have no end. They will be given ETERNAL life.

101G

Some of us will get ETERNAL LIFE. Although we do have a beginning.
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28.
Jesus GIVES them eternal life. They had a beginning but will have no end. They will be given ETERNAL life.
AND?

101G

YoursTrue

AND?

101G
And two things: one is that eternal does not necessarily mean no beginning. Because when Jesus promised his discipoles eternal life, he did not mean they had no beginning, but would have no end. If you can see that, perhaps we can continue a conversation.

muhammad_isa

And two things: one is that eternal does not necessarily mean no beginning.
Funny that..
Almighty God is Eternal .. and it means he has no beginning or end. :)
We don't know the origin of our souls, as it is hidden from us.
I think it's better not to theorise or make assumptions.

Jesus didn't literally give us "eternal life" .. some things are idioms.
..like "dying for sins" .. people take that in a literal fashion.

That is a drawback of Protestantism it has advantages, but also disadvantages.
One can pick up a Bible .. see something written in a translation .. and think they know what it means in just 5 minutes. ;)

Muffled

Jesus in me
And two things: one is that eternal does not necessarily mean no beginning. Because when Jesus promised his discipoles eternal life, he did not mean they had no beginning, but would have no end. If you can see that, perhaps we can continue a conversation.

I believe actually that eternal also can mean timeless. In the case of eternal life there is no set time for a person to die. That may sound open ended but it corresponds with the law of inertia. Things will continue on until some action changes them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Funny that..
Almighty God is Eternal .. and it means he has no beginning or end. :)
We don't know the origin of our souls, as it is hidden from us.
I think it's better not to theorise or make assumptions.

Jesus didn't literally give us "eternal life" .. some things are idioms.
..like "dying for sins" .. people take that in a literal fashion.

That is a drawback of Protestantism it has advantages, but also disadvantages.
One can pick up a Bible .. see something written in a translation .. and think they know what it means in just 5 minutes. ;)

I believe I don't know where you are going with this. Spiritually speaking receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior gives us eternal life. Physically I would call it a gift from God and Jesus is God in the flesh so He can make that promise. It is true that there is no specific verse that says Jesus gives physical eternal life.

muhammad_isa

I believe I don't know where you are going with this. Spiritually speaking receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior gives us eternal life..
Yes .. in the sense that a person that has faith will ACT on their faith .. and hence be saved from the consequences of sin.

..and not that Jesus will "cancel" the souls of people that don't believe.
Jesus did not teach that.

YoursTrue

I believe actually that eternal also can mean timeless. In the case of eternal life there is no set time for a person to die. That may sound open ended but it corresponds with the law of inertia. Things will continue on until some action changes them.
Hello. The point I was trying to make is that eternal can and does mean never-ending. It does not have to mean never beginning.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes .. in the sense that a person that has faith will ACT on their faith .. and hence be saved from the consequences of sin.

..and not that Jesus will "cancel" the souls of people that don't believe.
Jesus did not teach that.

I believe I do not know how you went from "not saved" to "cancelled." And you are right He did not say cancelled. He said Hell.

YoursTrue

yes, ok, believe what you want. bye for now.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The fact that scientists come to a consensus in this way is said to be true. As well as the fact that science explores the physical world.
Scientists use data, research results. A believer (in this case, trying to understand, and not taking everything on faith) can research (study the Bible) and refer, for example, to the results of biblical archaeology.
The Bible speaks positively about those who explore it: "People here turned out to be more open than in Thessalonica. They accepted the message with full readiness and spent whole days researching the Scriptures, checking whether Paul was speaking correctly" (Acts 17:11).
I’m curious as to which version you are using. (I like how it renders Acts 17:11, “spent whole days researching”.)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Can they all be true?
Based on the historical and scientific evidence and the fallible human nature it is more likely that ALL are likely false in one way or another, Ancient religions based on ancient tribal scriptures are likely off the scale as being true in their claims and beliefs

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Based on the historical and scientific evidence and the fallible human nature it is more likely that ALL are likely false in one way or another, Ancient religions based on ancient tribal scriptures are likely off the scale as being true in their claims and beliefs
In that they all disagree with one another in some way (or else why would they be different religions?), then the best we can say that AT MOST, ONE OF THEM COULD BE RIGHT. In my view, none of them is.

RestlessSoul

In that they all disagree with one another in some way (or else why would they be different religions?), then the best we can say that AT MOST, ONE OF THEM COULD BE RIGHT. In my view, none of them is.

You’re unwilling even to consider the possibility that they may each contain at least a kernel of truth?

To allow the differences between religions (or people for that matter) to completely obscure the similarities, looks rather like a failure of perception on your part; perhaps a deliberate one?

Audie

Veteran Member
You’re unwilling even to consider the possibility that they may each contain at least a kernel of truth?

To allow the differences between religions (or people for that matter) to completely obscure the similarities, looks rather like a failure of perception on your part; perhaps a deliberate one?
What line ever written does not contain lil " kernels" of something true?

( what do you mean by " truth"? Somethung profound,
from " god "?)

Audie

Veteran Member
Despite great traditional and terminological differences, many do share core values - they just motivate them differently. I see sound “truths” in many religions. That said; I also see many destructive bits in most.

Humbly,
Hermit
I was taught those same core values.
Not as " religion" though.
Whats the reason to have to concoct a religion
around them ?