• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many are Called, Few are Chosen

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What is the difference between the called and the elect?

is it the difference between wolves in sheep's clothing and sheep that act like sheep?

PruePhillip

is it the difference between wolves in sheep's clothing and sheep that act like sheep?

You pick a hard topic.
The elect are not wolves, nor are they sheep "acting" like sheep.
God knows the heart, He "tries the reigns."
It says "many are called but few are chosen."
That's not in many translations, but I believe Jesus said it.
I would suppose Israel was called but only a few became the
elect - those who loved Him and sought to show Him in their
life.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
At 15 when God spoke to me, he pointed out, "Many are chosen; few stand up!"

Being called is one thing, doing the work is another...

As Daniel 12:3 points out it is the wise who have turned others to righteousness, who are then the ones selected...

Yet everyone is called to enlightenment.
Personally would prefer shepherds (wise) and farmers (unconditionally loving) to look after the flock...

Yet there are many dogs/wolves dressed as sheep who don't listen to the shepherd, and who act like sheep; yet don't have a spirit of righteousness.

Sheeple pretending to play Simon says, yet whilst going the wrong way; clearly have already been shown not to know the shepherd, so are like dumb sheep to the slaughter.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Those called are ones that hear god to follow him.

Those elect are the ones god has chosen to the X many who heard his call.

Not everyone who cries Lord, Lord would be saved; so, even though they hear the call, only god knows who he will elect.

Wolves in sheeps clothing are those sinners who act as if they were righteous but inside they are not.

Sheep that act like sheep are those who are in gods righteousness and act in god not of self as wolves do.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Not everyone who cries Lord, Lord would be saved; so, even though they hear the call, only god knows who he will elect.

Wolves in sheeps clothing are those sinners who act as if they were righteous but inside they are not.

Sheep that act like sheep are those who are in gods righteousness and act in god not of self as wolves do.

so its the difference between a knock off and the genuine article?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'd say the most common byproduct of "chosen" are wolves. As they tend to have an auro of entitlement about them because they are chosen, and as such they will treat others with disdain.

PruePhillip

I'd say the most common byproduct of "chosen" are wolves. As they tend to have an auro of entitlement about them because they are chosen, and as such they will treat others with disdain.

If that's the case then they can't be chosen, for to be chosen
means humility, grace and love.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You pick a hard topic.
The elect are not wolves, nor are they sheep "acting" like sheep.
God knows the heart, He "tries the reigns."
It says "many are called but few are chosen."
That's not in many translations, but I believe Jesus said it.
I would suppose Israel was called but only a few became the
elect - those who loved Him and sought to show Him in their
life.

I don't believe people in Israel were called at that time but many heard Peter preach at Pentecost and responded.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

As in sheep are genuine and wolves are knock offs?

No. Each have their own views. Scripture differientiate the two. I see no sense in doing that though and say god loves unconditional. To each his own. Probably both wplves

I dont know. I don't see genuine vs knock off in spirituality. Scripture does make unrighteous people as those ignorant of god.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that is not the case. It is not the type of calling where God selects someone for a work. It is a general call t the living which is why it is a call to many instead of to all.

I believe the ones chosen are the ones who have done what God required of them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe that is not the case. It is not the type of calling where God selects someone for a work. It is a general call t the living which is why it is a call to many instead of to all.

You got call and elect mixed. The second half is call, the first have is elect. Many are called, few are elected.

I believe the ones chosen are the ones who have done what God required of them.

Shrugs. I have no concept of god so that sounds, weird to put it softly.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe there is no entitlement so anyone thinking that way has not yet put on the mind of Christ.

I believe God never chooses wolves and the byproduct of being chosen is righteousness.

I believe that may be more perceived than real.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
As in sheep are genuine and wolves are knock offs?

No. Each have their own views. Scripture differientiate the two. I see no sense in doing that though and say god loves unconditional. To each his own. Probably both wplves

I dont know. I don't see genuine vs knock off in spirituality. Scripture does make unrighteous people as those ignorant of god.
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but that doesn't mean someone understands or even practices what they preach.

it's a facade to hide ulterior motives.. ain't nothing going on but what the action reveals.

a wolf can be nothing but what it will.
a sheep can be nothing but it will be

Last edited:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I have spoken to several members on here that have the idea that unbelievers are created to boost the egos of the believers.