• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mankind and the rest of the animals.

Kenaz

I Am
Hello all,

I have been reading Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the LHP and I stumbled upon a sentence that made my eye-brow raise and my Reason to initiate itself into gear.

"The Temple of Set views mankind as being set apart from other animals. Our existence transcends the mere stimulus-response approach to the pleasures and pains of existence." pg. 106, Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the LHP.

I originally thought to myself, "Ah, yes." But, after further introspection and thought I thought.. but do humans not also do this stimulus-response? Why are humans such an exception to the animal kingdom? Long ago, our species experienced Winter and cold, so we've have had to evolve/Xeper to build the structures we have today to keep warm. In early times, it was more organic with hides, huts, igloos, etc to keep the wind off and since evolved slowly to modern day structures heated through electricity and forms of fuel. This was initiated by a stimulus-response as well. We were/are cold (stimulus) and thus we built structures and utilized fire/heating source(s); eventually advancing to better ways of accomplishing this (response).

Some may bring up the fact that we *seem* to be the only species that can evolve/Xeper metaphysically. I would say, that and as well as the notion that we are the only Beings Gifted of Set (assuming the belief that other species of the animal kingdom do not also have the Potential to Xeper / be Touched by Set) is extremely biased as we as humans spend lifetimes and generations pondering this about ourSELVES, let alone another subjective world/Isolate Self of a human being or another species in which we can not communicate or discuss with on our level.

Let me note; I am not saying that the Practice of the Temple, Xeper, Set, etc are not very powerful Principles and Powers to Work with. Indeed they are, and being investigated, analyzed and mastered by a number of Individuals. Only bringing this individual notion up for debate and discussion. Xeper! :cool:

-JWG

Last edited:

KHPR

Social Meritocratist
We covered this in KHPR 005 in my talk with Magister Pridgen and also in KHPR 006 where I interviewed Don Webb which will be available first of the year.

Xeper,
Magister Robert Adams
Host, KHPR: The Voice of Darkness

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We humans see first our status on this planet.
We do so many things in so many ways.

But we are not bigger, faster, stronger, and can be overcome in a confrontation.

Where is our superiority? in our heads.

Unlike animals that rarely stray from their forms, we humans can deny ourselves, and turn our attentions to so many other things.
Art, math, history, the stars,etc.etc.etc.

But sooner or later, just like all else...we die.
And all that we have done, may have been in vain.

Kenaz

I Am
I wouldn't say that human beings are necessarily any more "special" than another animal in a *general* sense. Of course we are going to be biased, he he. But in the sense of intelligence and reasoning, etc.. much of that can be accredited to our natural selection of what has evolved/Xeper'ed into our current Being (homo sapiens) and an ever-evolving/Xeper'ing process as we speak and discuss. In this sense, speaking of our evolved brain (namely the notable superior cerebral cortex in humans compared to other animals) and intelligence, reasoning, problem solving, etc that came with that. We are in fact unique in that more broad sense.

And in such a broader sense, I think is where Don Webb's notion that we are unique in his quote above from his book and the popular view of the Temple (to my knowledge) on the subject is arrived from, and I would agree in that manner. This seemingly Isolate Intelligence (a description we have given it, just as the neter/First Principle of Set, Dark Flame, Gift of Set, and so on..) is uniquely and largely more advanced and potent in the Human Being than other Beings of the Earth that we are aware of. If we are speaking on this particular facet of existence and advancement, we do hold a much more potent "Gift from 'Set'."

Please comment and engage! :cool:

Last edited:

Sireal

Setian
JWG,

There is an Element in the Temple that researches and studies the Gift in non-human animals called Arkte. You may want to look into that in the future.

Also, in addition to the quote you provide I would add that not all humans are created equal. There is far too much evidence to the contrary. That does not mean they cannot all Xeper, it does imply they do it at different levels of becoming, many human animals are completely caught up in the stimulus-response aspect of existence.

Hello all,

"The Temple of Set views mankind as being set apart from other animals. Our existence transcends the mere stimulus-response approach to the pleasures and pains of existence." pg. 106, Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the LHP.

Some may bring up the fact that we *seem* to be the only species that can evolve/Xeper metaphysically. I would say, that and as well as the notion that we are the only Beings Gifted of Set (assuming the belief that other species of the animal kingdom do not also have the Potential to Xeper / be Touched by Set) is extremely biased as we as humans spend lifetimes and generations pondering this about ourSELVES, let alone another subjective world/Isolate Self of a human being or another species in which we can not communicate or discuss with on our level.
-JWG

nightwraith666

There have been some good points raised and addressed in this thread. I'll enumerate what I think most important:

1) We have to begin with what's apparent and endeavor to look look more deeply into them, to see what is actual beneath that which appears to be.

2) Human beings apparently have a capacity for non-natural (i.e. teleological), willful (i.e. deliberate, elected and/or chosen), intellectual (i.e. identified and integrated) development/evolution (=Xeper) that other animals may or may not possess, but that isn't as apparent.

3) Not all humans elect to participate in spiritual growth and development (=Xeper). Many are satisfied at the level of stimulus and response. Unrecognized potential equals unrealized potential equals epic fail!

4) Other animals may have the potential for Xeper. As humans are pioneers in this regard, we have a responsibility to safeguard and encourage this potential in our non-human cousins.

Behold the genius of your creation and be prideful of being for I am the same. I who am the Highest of Life.

Gnothi seauton!

nightwraight666