• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandatory Vaccinations?

We Never Know

No Slack
Aah. The old "natural occurring" argument.

Sugar is natural. When is the last time you sucked on a stalk of cane.
Mushrooms are natural. Many will kill you (some just make you see music).
Salt is natural. Our ancestors consumed in a lifetime the amount we get from a Big Mac with Fries.

In my opinion it seems anymore with the vaccine its becoming "I did it so you need to do it as well".

We Never Know

No Slack
Aah. The old "natural occurring" argument.

Sugar is natural. When is the last time you sucked on a stalk of cane.
Mushrooms are natural. Many will kill you (some just make you see music).
Salt is natural. Our ancestors consumed in a lifetime the amount we get from a Big Mac with Fries.

I like nature. I will drink right from a spring out in the middle of the woods, catch a crawdad from the same spring and eat its tail, pick blackberry's of the bush in the woods and eat them right there.

Just curious, do you buy bottled water?

We Never Know

No Slack
It's amazing how much black/white thinking I see expressed here at RF. I guess such simplistic ways of seeing the world are more common than I thought.

Reminds me if a story...

Two 70 year old men were both in the nursing home nearing their death bed and started talking.
The first one said I don't understand it. I've ate healthy all my life, didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't take risks, didn't do dangerous things, etc and I'm dying at 70.
The second one said, I ate what I wanted, I drank, I smoked, I skydived, I rock climbed, etc and I'm dying at 70 same as you. Difference is I've lived life and had lots of stories to share.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Reminds me if a story...

Two 70 year old men were both in the nursing home nearing their death bed and started talking.
The first one said I don't understand it. I've ate healthy all my life, didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't take risks, didn't do dangerous things, etc and I'm dying at 70.
The second one said, I ate what I wanted, I drank, I smoked, I skydived, I rock climbed, etc and I'm dying at 70 same as you. Difference is I've lived life and had lots of stories to share.
Then a third chimed in and said, "I tried to eat healthy, but also enjoyed non-healthy foods from time to time. I drank, but in moderation. I took risks, but not stupid crazy ones. I did some dangerous things, but not too many and nothing stupid. I guess you two never realized that in most cases, life gives you more than just two options."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems like you guys are scrambling just as we are.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...-19-vaccine-12-15-year-olds-2021-07-22/SYDNEY, July 23 (Reuters) - Australia's New South Wales state on Friday reported its biggest daily rise in new COVID-19 cases this year, prompting a tighter lockdown in Sydney and a request for additional vaccine doses which was rebuffed by other state leaders.

State premier Gladys Berejiklian characterised the escalating virus outbreak as a "national emergency" and raised the likelihood that stay-home orders for the country's biggest city would be extended beyond the current end-date of July 30.

"There is no doubt that the numbers are not going in the direction we were hoping they would at this stage," Berejiklian said as she announced 136 new cases in the New South Wales.
For "wealthy" countries like Aus and USA this epidemic should be all but done by now. But, it's not.
Oh tell me about it. The government stuffed up big time
More to do with over reliance on the AstraZeneca before advice changed on the age range recommendations.

And now we have idiots in multiple states threatening to prolong the already disastrous rollout scheme by actively protesting the lockdowns and vaccines. No social distancing, no masks. Potentially creating super spreader clusters. It’s infuriating to witness. I hope they’re all charged to the fullest extent of the law, personally.
I mean by all means protest anything you like. Hold any position you like. I don’t care.
But to actively risk public safety during a pandemic? Geez!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As someone who's spent countless hours in the woods, I urge you to be careful. Giardia is very real, and not at all pleasant.

Giardia - Think Before Drinking from a Stream. | City of St Helens Oregon
Yeah, as a kid I was assured that's safe to do. The water was very tasty, still the best water I've drank. Other than the bug I got that caused severe diarrhea, that is.
Definitely won't be doing that again.
Reminds me if a story...

Interesting fact:
That risk taking thing is part of the reason men, on average, do not live as long as women. Delaying seeking medical care is another strong factor driving that fact.

We Never Know

No Slack
Then a third chimed in and said, "I tried to eat healthy, but also enjoyed non-healthy foods from time to time. I drank, but in moderation. I took risks, but not stupid crazy ones. I did some dangerous things, but not too many and nothing stupid. I guess you two never realized that in most cases, life gives you more than just two options."

And they all died at 70 lol

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Reminds me if a story...

It is possible to live a healthy lifestyle and still live a full life with lots of experiences and stories to tell.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think the issue is the get it or else thing. Maybe they would have got the vaccine, majority of them, if they weren't threatened their job.

I don't think so. My parent works at SEC as a special police and they're thinking of making the vaccine mandatory. She said she'd quit her job she had for over ten years--not so much because she doesn't trust the vaccine but more of how companies, hospitals, etc threaten people to get it.

No. I don't believe an employee should be fired. Can you imagine if majority of the people Did Not get vaccinated and left their job because of the ultimatum?

If it were the majority, how would the hospital (and businesses) handle that?
Where do you work that you aren't already subject to a multitude of OH&S conditions, where you will face disciplinary action for breaches? I can get fired for refusing to wear a seatbelt, and no one would protest in my support if I did so. Everyone would just shrug and say "why didn't he wear his seatbelt?" Same deal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Where do you work that you aren't already subject to a multitude of OH&S conditions, where you will face disciplinary action for breaches? I can get fired for refusing to wear a seatbelt, and no one would protest in my support if I did so. Everyone would just shrug and say "why didn't he wear his seatbelt?" Same deal.

It would be firing for someone in the driver's seat not wearing a seatbelt when there's a passenger in the car.

Or america all of the sudden reestablish the draft and people who refuse it are told they put people in danger.

The rules weren't originally in place and the manner in which it was done and timing.

So, I can see why the push back. I'm not disagreeing with hospital policies (covid vaccine whatever is irrelevant) just the fact people loose their jobs over it.

I don't know how this would play out but I'm more inclined to weekly checkups Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Or have workers get covid testing maybe once a month. I'm not sure if the hospitals and schools want you to retake TB shots every so many months or years.

I'd rather that than the vaccine to be honest. People aren't afraid to loose their jobs and not feel pressured to make health decisions for themselves and others.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Or have workers get covid testing maybe once a month
A month? You can’t be serious. Do you have any idea how many people can be infected in a month. If someone tests positive how are you going to trace every single person they had contact with in a month? And then if any of those test positive you need to trace everyone that they had contact with in that period. And so on.

We are talking about exponential growth. If you are checking once a month you are guaranteed this will get out of control.

I don’t think you are taking this seriously.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A month? You can’t be serious. Do you have any idea how many people can be infected in a month. If someone tests positive how are you going to trace every single person they had contact with in a month? And then if any of those test positive you need to trace everyone that they had contact with in that period. And so on.

We are talking about exponential growth. If you are checking once a month you are guaranteed this will get out of control.

I don’t think you are taking this seriously.

I guess it's hard to assess level of risk since my situation is less risk than another while someone up hill from me is at a much less risk than me.

So, it's hard not to generalize the world population.

But my overall point is I rather take periodic covid tests than the vaccine. That's me. How often they do it I guess depends on the delta variant.

I can't afford to get panicked or "concerned" over this unless warranted...if I have a loved one, in healthcare, things like that, yes.

When therapist treat clients they have to put a level of indifference to not get wrapped up in their clients issues while maintaining care they have for clients. For me Im not faced with it in my head when I walk out the door so.

I'm indifferent to it my head and energy levels to warrant a reason otherwise.

Last edited: