• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandatory Vaccinations?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There's many examples the other way, too. There's tons of videos of people freaking out over others not wearing masks or even just walking by them in the sidewalk. Some of them made the national news, like that nurse or whatever freaking out last year and screaming her head off while camping or whatever it was.
Sometimes health care professionals are woefully undereducated. My Dad was in hospice at the start of the pandemic. It was not serious in our state at the time, but people were scared. I already knew that outdoors was the safest place to be. It does not take too much thinking to figure that out. I was not allowed by a nurse to take him outside during what was probably the last nice day before he passed. He thought that it was "dangerous" outside. He had that one hundred percent backwards. It is dangerous inside. Lord spare me from ignoramuses.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Actually, I think business owners should be required to pay for their employees' vaccinations.
Isn’t the vaccine free?

I come from a world where vacations are always free. The very idea of paying for a vacation seems completely asinine to me.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Typically, vaccine development takes about 12 years

The flu shot that comes out every year is obviously developed in less than a year. This is because it is just a variation on last years vaccine. The COVID vaccines are similar.

The vaccines you are referring to that take up to 12 years to develop do not take 12 years to test.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Isn’t the vaccine free?

I come from a world where vacations are always free. The very idea of paying for a vacation seems completely asinine to me.
It is in most developed countries, but I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about the US. Of course "free" in practice merely means that it is being paid by a functioning public healthcare system, which in turn tend to be funded primarily by the working class.

RestlessSoul

It is in most developed countries, but I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about the US. Of course "free" in practice merely means that it is being paid by a functioning public healthcare system, which in turn tend to be funded primarily by the working class.

Not only is vaccination, and testing, incurring a cost somewhere, but somebody is getting rich off the back of it

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The flu shot that comes out every year is obviously developed in less than a year. This is because it is just a variation on last years vaccine. The COVID vaccines are similar.

The vaccines you are referring to that take up to 12 years to develop do not take 12 years to test.
So covid is basically the flu now?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The way it's being treated as if it's the equivalent of a European plague in the middle ages, one has to wonder.
I didn’t say it wasn’t serious, it is much more deadly and communicable than the typical flu. I am saying they are similar on a structural level.

A tiger is similar to a house cat.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'd like to see an example if that ever happened with a past pandemic, or if this something that this generation thought up.

My opinion is if your vaccinated, then you have nothing to worry about from those who are not, so it should be a moot issue.
Your opinion, however, doesn't accord with the science (wonder of wonders!). There is such a thing as asymptomatic transmission, which is why I mentioned Typhoid Mary -- she carried the pathogen, but was not affected by it, even though she gave it to many people she came in contact with who sickened and often died.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The current vaccines are not well tested and some have already proven to be deadly......I'll wait for more testing thank you....what you do is up to you.
Links to support the claim?
Also, hasn't the virus been proven to be deadly....dealier?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are seat belts and air bags tested for effectiveness before they are offered to the public as a safety measure?

The current vaccines are not well tested and some have already proven to be deadly......I'll wait for more testing thank you....what you do is up to you.
2.12 Billion doses of the vaccines have been given out worldwide, to date, with 458 million of those people being fully vaccinated.
And that's after they were tested in clinical trials with tens of thousands of people.

How much more testing could you want?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'd like to see an example if that ever happened with a past pandemic, or if this something that this generation thought up.

My opinion is if your vaccinated, then you have nothing to worry about from those who are not, so it should be a moot issue.
"Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people."

Feature Article: If Vaccines Work, Why Do Unvaccinated People Pose a Risk? | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people."

Feature Article: If Vaccines Work, Why Do Unvaccinated People Pose a Risk? | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Then it defeats the whole point of getting a vaccine.