• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandatory Vaccinations?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
"If you have seat belts and air bags, what do you have to fear from me running into your car?"
Are seat belts and air bags tested for effectiveness before they are offered to the public as a safety measure?

The current vaccines are not well tested and some have already proven to be deadly......I'll wait for more testing thank you....what you do is up to you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sure. This doesn't make it bad, though.

I was reading top to bottom and was going to say thank you for at least seeing where I come from "regardless" our disagreements, but...

Your lack of imagination isn't anyone's problem but yours.

Well. I think this is what I'm talking about. I'm not against vaccinations, but I am against the negativity and attitude people have towards it:

Since you've made it clear that your position is unreasonable, I don't really care what you would support.

If pro-vaxxers can stop using "because thousands of people are dying" as an excuse to belittle other people's point of views, then maybe you may get what you guys want more vaccinated people.

But not all coercion is a bad thing.... I guess. I always saw it as a bad thing regardless if it's religious proselyting or whatever the case may be. It just highly depends not on what someone in France, someone in CA, and someone in Canada and someone in VA says about taking the vaccine. I get it.

I was going to read the rest, but I figure you being a bit more personal with this and I have no reason to be.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Personally I think you should get the vaccine because it's the common sense thing to do. But if someone chooses to not get one they should be prepared for the reality that a significant portion of the population won't want to interact with them.

That shouldn't be a reason to take it though. Unless people cave in to peer pressure and media, I'm sure being shunned shouldn't motivate people to get vaccinated.

I know its "a" consequence but it shouldn't need to be so unless that's what provaxxers chose to do and feel excused to shun people. I mean, do provaxxers feel justified by shunning people?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Are seat belts and air bags tested for effectiveness before they are offered to the public as a safety measure?
Yes... and nevertheless, I was once injured by an air bag.

Doesn't make them a bad idea.

The current vaccines are not well tested and some have already proven to be deadly......I'll wait for more testing thank you....what you do is up to you.
What testing do you think was skipped for any of the vaccines on the market?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Actually, I think business owners should be required to pay for their employees' vaccinations.
It's free where I am. A store manager was even going around offering them to workers when the pharmacy had leftover doses a couple months ago or so. Now you can just go to the pharmacy and get it at almost any time. We have the opposite of a shortage or lack of access where I live.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yes... and nevertheless, I was once injured by an air bag.

Doesn't make them a bad idea.
There were many faulty ones that required a recall from the manufacturer.....how do you recall a vaccine? :shrug:
Do any of us really know what is in it?

What testing do you think was skipped for any of the vaccines on the market?
We have a 'head honcho' here in Australia who is "the public voice" for vaccination......he admitted on a breakfast TV show that the current vaccine was not effective against the variants, which are more deadly and contagious than the original. He must have been gagged because I have never heard him say it again. If that is the case, then why is it being pushed as if it covers all of them?

If you have to have a separate flu shot because it isn't effective against last years strain....what is the deal with this vaccine, which is also for a corona virus? It doesn't add up for me.

Orbit

I'm a planet
But this isn't about the vaccine taking, it's about giving the "choice" after one has gotten their TB and other credentials they Knew about before they got the job.

It's a pandemic. Of course health care providers must adjust to the new situation. I think Covid vax will be a standard requirement now, just like the TB vax, as it should be, to protect public health.

QuestioningMind

You know, I can never understand this argument.....if you are vaccinated, what do you have to fear from those who aren't? People die from the flu (a corona virus) every year despite being vaccinated because of the variants......why is the covid vaccine any different? The original covid strain has now mutated into many variants which this vaccine does not cover, so I have no great faith in it at all.

Are we not allowed to make our own decisions about what is injected into our own bodies....especially a rushed and largely untested vaccine that does not work for all strains? It looks like its more about the profits for the manufacturers rather than the safety of the vaccine itself. The AZ has killed people from blood clots.....the irony is not lost when those who took the vaccine in confidence, believing that it was safe, became very ill or died because of trying to avoid covid.

I'll take my chances and appropriate precautions rather than allow something that has not really proven to be effective, to give me a false sense of security.

That is my personal opinion.

You are absolutely allowed to make whatever decision you want. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't complain if you don't like the consequences. Because just like you have the right to make whatever decision you choose, everyone else has the same right to decide they don't want to interact with you. Whether or not you understand their reasoning behind it doesn't matter. Just like you're welcome to make whatever decision you want, even if I don't agree with your reasoning behind it.

QuestioningMind

That shouldn't be a reason to take it though. Unless people cave in to peer pressure and media, I'm sure being shunned shouldn't motivate people to get vaccinated.

I know its "a" consequence but it shouldn't need to be so unless that's what provaxxers chose to do and feel excused to shun people. I mean, do provaxxers feel justified by shunning people?

I'm not telling you that it's a reason why you should choose to get vaccinated. I'm just pointing out that your choice will have consequences. Just like you have the right to make whatever choice you want, other people have the exact same right to choose not to interact with you. Whether or not you think they SHOULD make that choice is irrelevant. In the same way that them thinking you SHOULD get the vaccine is completely irrelevant to you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But should an employer be forced to retain someone who has the potential to infect other employees, or the firm's clients? The state has the power to quarantine someone who can be shown to be infectious to others, after all (see Typhoid Mary).

I am suggesting that you are free to not get vaccinated, if you'd rather not, but then I think employers and even people in your social network should also be free to keep you away from them -- for their protection, since you didn't see fit to protect yourself.

I'd like to see an example if that ever happened with a past pandemic, or if this something that this generation thought up.

My opinion is if your vaccinated, then you have nothing to worry about from those who are not, so it should be a moot issue.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You are absolutely allowed to make whatever decision you want. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't complain if you don't like the consequences. Because just like you have the right to make whatever decision you choose, everyone else has the same right to decide they don't want to interact with you. Whether or not you understand their reasoning behind it doesn't matter. Just like you're welcome to make whatever decision you want, even if I don't agree with your reasoning behind it.
I'll reserve that right and take all necessary precautions. Too many people have been vaccinated and still tested positive here, so I'm not sure what this vaccine is supposed to do? If it was a true vaccination, then it would make you immune.....but they say it won't stop you getting covid, it will just mean that you won't die from it.......? Explain that one for me....? :shrug::confused:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's a pandemic. Of course health care providers must adjust to the new situation. I think Covid vax will be a standard requirement now, just like the TB vax, as it should be, to protect public health.

More than likely. I understand both sides, I just don't believe loosing a job should be the consequence of not getting the vaccine. I mean this can be the best vaccine in the world if one likes, but I do believe it goes a bit deeper than that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm not telling you that it's a reason why you should choose to get vaccinated. I'm just pointing out that your choice will have consequences. Just like you have the right to make whatever choice you want, other people have the exact same right to choose not to interact with you. Whether or not you think they SHOULD make that choice is irrelevant. In the same way that them thinking you SHOULD get the vaccine is completely irrelevant to you.

Everyone makes choices and have consequences to those choices. Why would the vaccinated be exempt from this?

Don't know about shoulds etc. Provaxxers are the only ones I know who feel people should and make it highly relevant to their personal lives and feelings about others. The antivaxxers I meet (if one likes) and/or those who are unvaccinated who careless about the politics tend not to tell people what they should and shouldn't do.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

I'll reserve that right and take all necessary precautions. Too many people have been vaccinated and still tested positive here, so I'm not sure what this vaccine is supposed to do? If it was a true vaccination, then it would make you immune.....but they say it won't stop you getting covid, it will just mean that you won't die from it.......? Explain that one for me....? :shrug::confused:

If the reason you refuse to get it is because it isn't 100% effective, that's your choice. Though I think it's an absolutely ridiculous reason. That's like saying you refuse to use contraceptives because there's a statistical possibility that it might fail. Or you don't wear seatbelts because there isn't a 100% guarantee that you won't be killed in a car accident.

QuestioningMind

Everyone makes choices and have consequences to those choices. Why would the vaccinated be exempt from this?

Don't know about shoulds etc. Provaxxers are the only ones I know who feel people should and make it highly relevant to their personal lives and feelings about others. The antivaxxers I meet (if one likes) and/or those who are unvaccinated but can careless about the politics tend not to tell people what they should and shouldn't do.

Guess what, vaccinated people are STILL subject to the consequences of their decisions. If enough people decide that they want to shun vaccinated people then that will become a consequence of their choice to get vaccinated.

As for your claim that antivaxxers don't want to tell people what to do, I don't buy it. I've seen enough videos of bat $hit crazy-antivaxxers outside of Home Depot screaming that people are all brainwashed for wearing masks to know better.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As for your claim that antivaxxers don't want to tell people what to do, I don't buy it. I've seen enough videos of bat $hit crazy-antivaxxers outside of Home Depot screaming that people are all brainwashed for wearing masks to know better.
There's many examples the other way, too. There's tons of videos of people freaking out over others not wearing masks or even just walking by them in the sidewalk. Some of them made the national news, like that nurse or whatever freaking out last year and screaming her head off while camping or whatever it was.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There were many faulty ones that required a recall from the manufacturer.....how do you recall a vaccine? :shrug:
Do any of us really know what is in it?

We have a 'head honcho' here in Australia who is "the public voice" for vaccination......he admitted on a breakfast TV show that the current vaccine was not effective against the variants, which are more deadly and contagious than the original. He must have been gagged because I have never heard him say it again. If that is the case, then why is it being pushed as if it covers all of them?

If you have to have a separate flu shot because it isn't effective against last years strain....what is the deal with this vaccine, which is also for a corona virus? It doesn't add up for me.
You appear to be exaggerating a bit. If I remember correctly a couple of them had some blood clotting problems for a handful of women. And one died at least. But even if that was the only vaccine available it was still far better than the alternative.

Australia is lucky because their isolation and quick actions saved their country from the horrors that were experienced in Italy, Spain, other areas of Europe and parts of America. I worked with someone that died from the disease. I had the disease. It is not fun. As they learned how to treat it the death rate from it went down, but it starated out at about 2 to 3 %. The vaccines are a thousandth of a percent at the worst for risk.

One thing that Australia has to worry about is that they are still largely vulnerable to this disease. The U.S may have achieved herd immunity between those that have been vaccinated and those that have been infected but survived.

InChrist

Free4ever
Typically, vaccine development takes about 12 years and of all the unprecedented vaccines in development, only 2% are projected to ever make it through phases 2 and 3 of clinical testing.

The COVID-19 vaccine was developed with Warp Speed in less than one year, which means it’s virtually impossible for this vaccine to have be adequately tested for safety and efficacy. The Covid vaccines have Emergency Use Authorization, but they are not FDA Approved.

At this point I don’t think anyone knows for sure what the long term effects of these vaccines may be. Hundreds of millions of people have now been vaccinated, so time will tell.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Guess what, vaccinated people are STILL subject to the consequences of their decisions. If enough people decide that they want to shun vaccinated people then that will become a consequence of their choice to get vaccinated.

Yes. But not many vaccinated will see that. Some will feel justified shunning unvaccinated people and blame the unvaccinated for their being shunned.

Off note: Kinda like god giving a freedom of choice but blaming the person for taking the wrong choice.

Same difference.

Videos?

I'm speaking in person. Half people who are unvaccinated and/or are antivaxxers really don't care. We have work, children to take care of, and places to go.

We're aren't (and shouldn't) be represented by 'silly' people on television. If I didn't go on RF, I'd would have never known what people actually think of antivaxxers because when I see media and videos, if it sides with a majority and devalues the minority, it turns me off. I don't put too much thought in it but on RF, talking to real people, I can see where they get it from. Just people articulate their opinions differently.