• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man/Woman

Tmac

My father gave me life, I was taught to believe in my self and then abandoned with no understanding and awareness of where I was. At first I was angry, so angry that I wanted just to hurt because I hurt. But as my emotions began to cool, I began to see my abandonment from a different perspective, my father gave me life and taught me to believe in myself, if my father had done any more for me then it wouldn't have been my life. As I progress in and through life, I find little signs that my father or someone like my father left for me and I smile at the wisdom of the abandonment.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

I can't tell you in years because now that I think about it, the feeling of being alone began when I learned to believe in myself.
Then perhaps your believing in yourself is a growth in your psyche that occurred after he left. I don't mean to insult your father, but perhaps giving him credit for teaching you to believe in yourself is misplaced. instead it is more of a survival technique that you taught yourself.
Everyone must believe in themselves in order to survive/get by, but ideally children learn it gradually in the presence of supportive parents. Unfortunately there are hundreds of millions of children who are forced to learn it on their own, either due to abandonment or from the death of one or both parent(s).

Tmac

Then perhaps your believing in yourself is a growth in your psyche that occurred after he left. I don't mean to insult your father, but perhaps giving him credit for teaching you to believe in yourself is misplaced. instead it is more of a survival technique that you taught yourself.
Everyone must believe in themselves in order to survive/get by, but ideally children learn it gradually in the presence of supportive parents. Unfortunately there are hundreds of millions of children who are forced to learn it on their own, either due to abandonment or from the death of one or both parent(s).

Yes but we are living our lives, you are living your parents, which incidentally is responsible for the deaths of one or more parents of the unfortunate hundreds of millions of children.

The technique or method I learn but life, itself comes with the desire to survive, and life is what was given to me.

Jeremiah Ames

My father gave me life, I was taught to believe in my self and then abandoned with no understanding and awareness of where I was. At first I was angry, so angry that I wanted just to hurt because I hurt. But as my emotions began to cool, I began to see my abandonment from a different perspective, my father gave me life and taught me to believe in myself, if my father had done any more for me then it wouldn't have been my life. As I progress in and through life, I find little signs that my father or someone like my father left for me and I smile at the wisdom of the abandonment.

Your title says "Man/ Woman"
I didn't see you speak of your mother.
Isn't she the one who actually gave you life?
Wasn't she there after your birth?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out well for you. Life is hard. This world is not our home.

Jeremiah Ames

Is this what you really want to talk about?

I did but I don't.

I wanted in but it was hard.

So many bright beautiful colors to dazzle the eyes, endless music to tantalize the ears, much, much more. Clowns, wizards, magicians.

Everything there to soothe me.

But can I see and hear? Not out there.

They made it so.

But I entered.

Now that I am in I am scared.

It's dark.

The sun shines but they block it.

No windows in the room, why do they do it?

But she is here, I can feel her presence.

She is kind, generous, and patient.

Very patient.

She gives and gives, yet I have less as I get more.

Why do they keep her here?