• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man made traditions from the Church or the Word of God - Who do you believe and follow?

InChrist

Free4ever
Hi again InChrist, no problem and nice to see you again. The post provided in post # 127 linked, answers your question as it shows what I do and why I do what I do on the Sabbath supported by the scriptures. Specifically though it depends.

Sometimes we go to church sometime we spend some time in nature remembering the God of creation and marvel at his works that he made through his Word. It is really faith building! It is God's day of rest that we dedicate our time to JESUS because we love him.

Sometimes we do not do everything listed in that post and we may do variations of the things listed in the post but it was provided to give an overview of what God's Word says we can do or not do according to the scriptures.

One thing I do know is that we get a blessing by keeping God's 4th Commandment. It is Holy because the presence of the Lord is in the day to those who believe and follow God's Word and God blesses all who hear his Word and follow him.

ACTS 15 is not wheather Gentile believers were required to be obedient through faith to follow God's 10 commandments it was wheather "CIRCUMCISION" from the shadow law of Moses (not God's 10 commandments) were a requirement for salvation and this was the question they went to Jerusalem to answer *ACTS 15:1-2 not wheather God's 10 commandments were to be kept.

The false interpretation of Acts 15 that many Churches try to use to justify breaking God's 10 Commandment pits Paul against the words of Paul and contradicts the bible.

This is further evidenced with what Paul says latter in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:19 "Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God".

God bless
Hi again InChrist, no problem and nice to see you again. The post provided in post # 127 linked, answers your question as it shows what I do and why I do what I do on the Sabbath supported by the scriptures. Specifically though it depends.

Sometimes we go to church sometime we spend some time in nature remembering the God of creation and marvel at his works that he made through his Word. It is really faith building! It is God's day of rest that we dedicate our time to JESUS because we love him.

Sometimes we do not do everything listed in that post and we may do variations of the things listed in the post but it was provided to give an overview of what God's Word says we can do or not do according to the scriptures.

One thing I do know is that we get a blessing by keeping God's 4th Commandment. It is Holy because the presence of the Lord is in the day to those who believe and follow God's Word and God blesses all who hear his Word and follow him.

ACTS 15 is not wheather Gentile believers were required to be obedient through faith to follow God's 10 commandments it was wheather "CIRCUMCISION" from the shadow law of Moses (not God's 10 commandments) were a requirement for salvation and this was the question they went to Jerusalem to answer *ACTS 15:1-2 not wheather God's 10 commandments were to be kept.

The false interpretation of Acts 15 that many Churches try to use to justify breaking God's 10 Commandment pits Paul against the words of Paul and contradicts the bible.

This is further evidenced with what Paul says latter in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:19 "Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God".

God bless

Thanks for your response and more detailed answer. I’m not sure if your activities on the seventh day actually are according to the law as prescribed in the OT, but you are the one who feels the need to be bound under the law. I don’t see that as a requirement upon a born again believer and on the contrary I see the scriptures speak clearly against it. All the commandments are actually reiterated in the NT as appropriate moral Christian behavior...except the 4th commandment. Jesus, nor the apostles said a word about it.
You are certainly free in Christ to worship on Saturday, but I think your attitude of condemning others who don’t is wrong and unbiblical.

The Issue of the sabbath

3rdAngel

Thanks for your response and more detailed answer. I’m not sure if your activities on the seventh day actually are according to the law as prescribed in the OT, but you are the one who feels the need to be bound under the law. I don’t see that as a requirement upon a born again believer and on the contrary I see the scriptures speak clearly against it. All the commandments are actually reiterated in the NT as appropriate moral Christian behavior...except the 4th commandment. Jesus, nor the apostles said a word about it. You are certainly free in Christ to worship on Saturday, but I think your attitude of condemning others who don’t is wrong and unbiblical.

The Issue of the sabbath

Hi InChrist nice to see you again but much of your claims here are unbiblical. I would be happy to discuss anything your sharing here in detail even anything out of your linked website to show why there claims in this post are in error and not according to God's Word if you are interested to hear why I disagree?

Firstly brother, no one is "under the law" according to the God's Word if they have repented of their sins and through faith in Gods Word received God's forgiveness *Proverbs 28:13; 1 John 1:9. According to God's Word we are only "under the law" if we stand guilty before God of breaking the law *Romans 3:19-20.

Sin is defined in God's Word in the new covenant as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments including God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 Commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 7:7 as well as not believing and following God's Word *Romans 14:23

A born again believe does not practice sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *1 John 3:6.

According to God's Word those who knowingly practice sin (break any one of God's 10 Commandments) after receiving a knowledge of the truth *Acts 17:30-31; James 4:17; Hebrews 10:26-28 and those who do not practice sin (break any one of God's 10 Commandments) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10.

Those who claim that God's 4th commandment is not re-iterated in the new testament being also one of God's 10 commandments is a false claim made by those who tell lies and is not based on the scriptures. I do not aim this at you. but at those who teach this wickedness.

To prove eveything I am sharing with you brother I provide scripture references to every statement I have made because only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29.

My purpose is only to point you to God's Word alone that you may seek the truth through JESUS alone which is my prayer for you. Here are the scriptures that your friends claim are not re-iterated in the new testament...

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; 1 Cor 11:1; Eph 5:1-21; Pet 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)
10. God's 4th commandment Sabbath has been kept unbroken from JESUS to this very present day by all the apostles after the death and resurrection of JESUS to all disciples to this present day (Historical references on request).
11. Speaking well into the future JESUS warns his disciples not to let their flight be on the Sabbath day which they would be still keeping the Sabbath at the destruction of Jerusalem *Matthew 24:20

Let's finish with this one are you ready.......?

12. Hebrews 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

A you can see here God's 4th Commandment is discussed many times directly by JESUS alone in the new covenant and all throughout the new testament indirectly in application to God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is and also directly by Paul the apostle in Hebrews 4.

I suggest you prayerfully ask JESUS to be your personal guide and teacher and claim his promises brother. Turning to the word of website or people in order to find the truth of God's Word will only turn you away from it.

If you would like me to address anything else please let me know. I will only point you to God's Word as only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over man-made teachings that break the commandments of God.

There is no one scripture in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Sunday worship in place of God's 4th commandment is unbiblical and is what JESUS warns us against in Matthew 15:3-9.

An interesting video if your interested. I only came across it today...

May you receive God's Word and be blessed and may God bless you as you seek him through his Word. There is no teaching for Sunday worship brother it is not biblical and a man made teaching leading others away from God's Word.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Are you SDA?

What I am or you are is not important brother Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God. I am sure you would agree right?

PruePhillip

According to the scriptures (God's time) as shown in Genesis 1. Gods Sabbath begins Friday sunset and finishes Saturday sunset.

God bless

I heard this today. Israel was to lay the land fallow every seven years. This
they failed to do for over 400 years. Someone suggested that Israel was in
captivity one year for every year they failed that jubilee seven years.
Dunno.
I don't live under the Old Testament - and you don't either. I live by the TWO
COMMANDMENTS of Christ.

I can see you are not happy with the Jesus of the bible. He cast aspersions
upon the Ten Commandments. He didn't obey the Sabbath. He let His church
make Sunday the Christian Sabbath without caring to guide them.

3rdAngel

I heard this today. Israel was to lay the land fallow every seven years. This they failed to do for over 400 years. Someone suggested that Israel was in captivity one year for every year they failed that jubilee seven years. Dunno.
Interesting... but this is relevant to this op how?
I don't live under the Old Testament - and you don't either. I live by the TWO COMMANDMENTS of Christ
Many do not know what the old covenant is or the new covenant it points to, do you?
Jesus did not come to destroy the law he came to fulfill it and say nothing shall pass from God's LAW (10 Commandments) till heaven and earth pass away *Matthew 5:17-19. Don't think that happened yet. If you live by the two great commandment you would know that on these two great commandments hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40.
I can see you are not happy with the Jesus of the bible. He cast aspersions upon the Ten Commandments. He didn't obey the Sabbath. He let His church make Sunday the Christian Sabbath without caring to guide them.
There is no truth in this section of your post, so no need to comment here.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

PruePhillip

There is no truth in this section of your post, so no need to comment here.

There is absolute truth in what I said. On the sermon on the mount Jesus stated that his
law was higher than the Ten Commandments (ie you have heard said... but I say...)
Jesus did a work on the Sabbath and told others to work (ie healing and telling the healed
man to carry his bed.)
First Century Apostolic Church observed Sunday as Sabbath. Jesus said nothing to this
effect, and appeared to his church on three of these Sundays.

3rdAngel

There is absolute truth in what I said. On the sermon on the mount Jesus stated that his
law was higher than the Ten Commandments (ie you have heard said... but I say...)
Jesus did a work on the Sabbath and told others to work (ie healing and telling the healed man to carry his bed.) First Century Apostolic Church observed Sunday as Sabbath. Jesus said nothing to this effect, and appeared to his church on three of these Sundays.

As I said earlier there is no truth in the section of your post that I was responding to earlier. As far as Matthew 5 is concerned JESUS came to magnify the law and make it honorable according to the old testament prophecies in relation to the new covenant promise.

MATTHEW 5:20 [20], For I say to you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART.

BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

RIGHTESOUSNESS comes from LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. He that does not LOVE does not KNOW GOD for GOD IS LOVE * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are BORN AGAIN have a NEW HEART TO LOVE and FOLLOW GOD *1 JOHN 4:7. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9. This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

Can we have GRACE without God's LAW if the purpose of God's LAW is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 to show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and leads us to God's grace?

God's people all through time from the old testament through to JESUS and the Apostles have all kept God's Sabbath unbroken to this very present day.

Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of men that breaks the commandments of God that JESUS warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9. It is vain to think your worshipping God by breaking any one of his commandments.

May you receive Gods' Word and be blessed.

InChrist

Free4ever
What I am or you are is not important brother Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God. I am sure you would agree right?
Normally, I would say it is not important as long as one does indeed follow the truth of God’s Word, but I asked because Ellen White was a false prophet who added to and twisted scriptures. So the doctrines of the Seventh Day Adventist’s are unbiblical. If you are SDA then your perception of the Bible is inaccurate and not based on rightly dividing the Word of God, but rather on the teachings of a false teacher.
If you believe we must follow Jesus’ example in keeping the Sabbath, why do you not follow His example of circumcision, animal sacrifices, Passover and other feast days? Or do you?
In the OT the Patriarchs before Moses were never instructed about he Sabbath, but were instructed regarding: offerings: Gen 4:3-4, Altars Gen 8:20, Priests: Gen 14:18, Tithes: Gen 14:20, Circumcision: Gen 17:10, Marriage: Gen 2:24 & Gen 34:9. Why did God leave out instruction about the Sabbath?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Normally, I would say it is not important as long as one does indeed follow the truth of God’s Word, but I asked because Ellen White was a false prophet who added to and twisted scriptures. So the doctrines of the Seventh Day Adventist’s are unbiblical. If you are SDA then your perception of the Bible is inaccurate and not based on rightly dividing the Word of God, but rather on the teachings of a false teacher.
If you believe we must follow Jesus’ example in keeping the Sabbath, why do you not follow His example of circumcision, animal sacrifices, Passover and other feast days? Or do you?
In the OT the Patriarchs before Moses were never instructed about he Sabbath, but were instructed regarding: offerings: Gen 4:3-4, Altars Gen 8:20, Priests: Gen 14:18, Tithes: Gen 14:20, Circumcision: Gen 17:10, Marriage: Gen 2:24 & Gen 34:9. Why did God leave out instruction about the Sabbath?

Your post is not relevant for me brother. I have only shared God's Word with you. Nothing more and nothing less. I point you to JESUS through his Word. He is all in all and he must increase and I must decrease. What is it that you claim is not true and if I have only told you the truth why do you not believe?

Your post here brother only shows you mix up the old covenant laws from the Mosaic book of shadow laws that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the new covenant with God's eternal law (10 commandments) that in the new covenant give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4. Happy to discuss this if your interested just let me know.

According to God's Law in the new covenany if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:11. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken and just like any other one of God's 10 commandments if we knowingly break it we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11.

All the above are God's Word brother is from the new testament not my words do you believe them?

There is not one scripture from God's Word in all the bible that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday of the first day of the week as a Holy day!

This is a teaching and tradition of men that breaks the commandments of God. According to JESUS if we knowingly follow man made teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God *Matthew 15:3-9.

All of the above brother are God's Word not mine. I only point you to God's Word and if I only point you to God's Word why do you not believe them? The question we all need to ask ourselves is who are we really following; God's Word or the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God?

One path will lead you to God *John 10:26-27 the other will lead you away from God.

God's sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hi all,

The challenge I am putting up here in this OP is for anyone to show even one scripture that says God's 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) which was spoken and written by God himself to his people, has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday (or the first day of the week) as a Holy day.

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God (John 12:47-48).

God's Word makes it very clear that if we follow the teachings of men over the Word of God we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9 [3],
[3], But he answered and said unto them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift devoted to God, whatsoever you might have received from me;
[6], And honors not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God void by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
[8], These people draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

If we are KNOWINGLY breaking ANY of God's commandments we are not worshipping God.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

So a person who does not know Jesus has to revert to the law because he doesn't have the end of the law. I have the end of the law so I don't need to be shackled by the law and can eat shellfish and pork.

InChrist

Free4ever
  1. Your post is not relevant for me brother. I have only shared God's Word with you. Nothing more and nothing less. I point you to JESUS through his Word. He is all in all and he must increase and I must decrease. What is it that you claim is not true and if I have only told you the truth why do you not believe?

Your post here brother only shows you mix up the old covenant laws from the Mosaic book of shadow laws that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the new covenant with God's eternal law (10 commandments) that in the new covenant give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4. Happy to discuss this if your interested just let me know.

According to God's Law in the new covenany if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:11. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken and just like any other one of God's 10 commandments if we knowingly break it we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11.

All the above are God's Word brother is from the new testament not my words do you believe them?

There is not one scripture from God's Word in all the bible that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday of the first day of the week as a Holy day!

This is a teaching and tradition of men that breaks the commandments of God. According to JESUS if we knowingly follow man made teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God *Matthew 15:3-9.

All of the above brother are God's Word not mine. I only point you to God's Word and if I only point you to God's Word why do you not believe them? The question we all need to ask ourselves is who are we really following; God's Word or the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God?

One path will lead you to God *John 10:26-27 the other will lead you away from God.

God's sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him.
    I think if Jesus was actually your all and all you would realize that the Sabbath day of rest in the Old Covenant with Israel was pointing to the ultimate Rest which is only found in Jesus Christ Alone. He alone has fulfilled ALL the requirements and commandments, not abolished them, according to the New Covenant.Those who understand this truth of the Word live and rest in Jesus daily, worshipping Him, not a certain day or shadow.

3rdAngel

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Indeed that is where the LAW leads a sinner. It is not saying there is no more law because through the law is the knowledge of sin *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.
So a person who does not know Jesus has to revert to the law because he doesn't have the end of the law. I have the end of the law so I don't need to be shackled by the law and can eat shellfish and pork.
Your confused. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD by faith that works by LOVE. Salvation is from sin (breaking any one of God’s 10 Commandments) not to continue in sin *ROMANS 6:1-23; JOHN 8:31-36.

Those who continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God and need to be Born again into the NEW COVENANT promise to love *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10. This is God's work in us and a part of the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of men that has lead many to break God's 4th commandments that is not biblical. There is not a single scripture in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day.

God's 4th commandment according to God's Word in the new covenant is one of Gods 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken and just like every other one of God's commandments if we break it we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11.

Many Churches today are teaching man made teachings that are not biblical and leading all away from God's Word. Jesus does not respect the practice of following man-made teachings and traditions over the Word of God and warns us against doing it. This is very plain to see in Matthew 15:3-9; John 4:23-24; 1 John 2:3-4; John 3:15-21; Matthew 7:22-26.

Sin is defined in God's Word as breaking anyone of God's 10 Commandments *James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Sin is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 14:12; 22-14.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that define what sin is when broken *James 2:10-11

According to God's Word all those who knowingly practice sin will not enter the kingdom of heave because they reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-39.

God has his people in every Church *John 10:16 and knows that his people have been led astray by these Churches and in times of ignorance God does not hold us accountable for sin but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth of his Word calls all men everywhere to believe and follow him *Acts 17:30-31. God is calling his people out from following man made teachings and traditions *Matthew 15:3-9 back to the pure Word of God *John 4:23-24; Revelation 18:1-4

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him *John 10:26-27

3rdAngel

1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Hello JAMES nice to meet you.

Sorry brother but no Corinthians 15:3-4 says [3], For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;[4], And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

It does not say that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. Jesus died for our sins which is disobedience to Gods' Law not so that we can continue in sin which is breaking God's law *Romans 3:31; Romans 8:1-4; 13; 1 John 3:4

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
..and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day.
That is not true, as the choice of which day to observe is pretty much left up to the congregation/denomination, unless it's a Jewish congregation/denomination.

3rdAngel

Again, there are 613 Commandments as found in Torah, not just 10, and they can be found here: Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Your confused. Your mixing up the shadow laws for remission of sin fulfilled in the new covenant *Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8; Hebrews 9; Hebrews 10; Ephesians 2 and Colossians 3 with God's eternal law that gives us the knowledge of what sin is in the new covenant *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.

You do not do animal sacrifices any longer now do you in an earthly temple under the Levitical priesthood?

How many commandments are in God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken; 7; 9; 10 or 613? Here is a hint *Deuteronomy 10:4.

This is God's Word not mine, do you believe it?

Where is the scripture that says God's 4th Commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day?

If there is no scripture than who are we following God or man?

JESUS says all those who knowingly follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God are not following God *Matthew 15:3-9

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That is not true, as the choice of which day to observe is pretty much left up to the congregation/denomination, unless it's a Jewish congregation/denomination.

Rubbish please provide scripture and also show in Romans 14 that it is talking about God's 4th commandment? ROMANS 14 is talking about eating and not eating connected to days that men esteem over other days, not what days God esteems. The things that men esteem are an abomination in God's eyes. LUKE 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God

3rdAngel

I think if Jesus was actually your all and all you would realize that the Sabbath day of rest in the Old Covenant with Israel was pointing to the ultimate Rest which is only found in Jesus Christ Alone. He alone has fulfilled ALL the requirements and commandments, not abolished them, according to the New Covenant.Those who understand this truth of the Word live and rest in Jesus daily, worshipping Him, not a certain day or shadow.

Your claims here are in error. If the Sabbath was a shadow it would have been made after the fall of man kind yet it was made for mankind *Mark 2:27 as part of the finished work of creation before sin, so it is impossible for the Sabbath to be a shadow *Genesis 2:1-3.

We should worship God everyday. The 4th commandment is about resting from work and if you did that everyday you would not eat *Exodus 20:8-11.

Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of men that has lead many to break God's 4th commandments that is not biblical. There is not a single scripture in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day.

The question we should ask oursevles is who are we following; God or men?

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him *John 10:26-27