• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man is not an animal

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
How do you know this?
It's apparent to those with eyes that see. Meantime the excuse is that humans have been around for much longer than about 6000 years, but isn't it funny that only within the past few thousand years have people developed writing? Guess neither chimps nor hominoids needed to keep written records before that? It... doesn't...make...sense. according to the theory, of course.

YoursTrue

YoursTrue

We are a very intelligent, communicative and creative animal then. I still cannot echo locate though or use bio-electrical discharges for hunting or defense.

Animals have myriad differences and all remain animals. Spiders cannot fly, but birds can. They are both animals. Wasps can sting (the females anyway) and turtles rely on shells for defense, but both are still animals.

That differences exist and can be extensive in form and function does not mean that a creature is not an animal when it has all the characteristics that define animals.
I will get on an airplane. The difference is that it is written that man was given charge over the animals. You remember that, even if you don't believe the Bible. First God created fish, crawling creatures, birds, then he made man in His image. Not a male gorilla or bonobo or some Unknown Common Ancestor said to be in His image.

YoursTrue

If there is truth to the hypothesis that a room full of chimpanzees with typewriters will create the work of Shakespeare, given enough time.
Then we consider true, the conspiracy that Shakespeare was a fictional author, and we aren't aware of the actual playwright/s that produced the works attributed to the name Shakespeare...

Does this mean Chimpanzees are the true H. saps saps? We that 'call' ourselves humans aren't even capable of being chimps... *SQUAWK!* ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help me self.:hugehug:
Yeah now that you mention it, do sheep say oh look here comes a lion in words?

YoursTrue

It's simple: you don't know what the word "animal" means.
Well, people can be said to be animals in a way of speaking. That's for sure. It's like saying, So and so is an animal, or a beast. If someone is called a lion, it depends on the quality. Usually it's strength. Or a person can be named a snake. That's usually not a compliment.

YoursTrue

Irrelevant. Those are not the characteristics that determine whether or not something is an animal.
are heterotoph
No, not irrelevant. In fact, the difference of man and animals is entirely relevant. Both perception and mental abilities as carried out.

We Never Know

No Slack
Animals do not have articulate speech and poets. Man is not an animal.

Yes, the animals can communicate. But they have no articulate speech. There is difference: articulate communication, and non-articulate one. Articulate one has alphabet. Do whales have letters in alphabet order?

Many humans do use alphabet. Some humans are sick or not developed so much, so they do not.
But no bear, wolf, nor spider is using alphabet.

According to this ridiculous theory a newborn baby is an animal??
No. I repeat: "Many humans do use alphabet. Some humans are sick or not developed so much"

IF you define an animal.....
I am not defining. I am saying fact:

Only humans use alphabet.

Some humans are humans, but do not use alphabet (they are e.g. babies).

But no single bear has used alphabet. Hence, humans are not bears.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of apes who use ASL (a type of alphabet)??
Why a type of alphabet, but not actual alphabet? Can you list right here the first 10 letters of monkeys alphabet? And what words are there in their language? How they sound?

But the real thing that sets us apart from animals is the spiritual component, almost all humans understand that they are spiritual beings??
They have replied, that monkeys built primitive holy places as well.

CONCLUSION:

Animals know the Lord, unlike the atheists. Top primates are religious, and praying, and having alphabet.
But they are not human, because they have mortal soul.

John Nash was a Nobel Prize winner in economic science and a member of the Academy of Sciences. He was also highly delusional and spent considerable periods in psychiatric hospitals.
Most people are schizophrenic, because schizophrenia is a person's split. Major splits are: Faith vs. Knowledge, Religion vs. Science, State vs. Church separation.

People with schizophrenia require lifelong treatment??
Not all people. For example, the atheists have schizophrenic split between God and reality. But most of them are not in mental clinics.

We are just another animal species on this rock.
Sadly we are also the most destructive and deadly.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well, people can be said to be animals in a way of speaking. That's for sure. It's like saying, So and so is an animal, or a beast. If someone is called a lion, it depends on the quality. Usually it's strength. Or a person can be named a snake. That's usually not a compliment.
People can say such things but that is simply metaphors, not taxonomy.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
God doesn't think we are just another animal species on this rock. I'm happy to know that.
Why do you think God would be happy with one of his amazing and wonderful creations thinking all the rest of the marvels and splendors of His creation are 'just another... anything'?

If we're going to go by scripture, you are the most important animal, because you were the one designated the warden to watch over and maintain balance among the rest of the animals. That does not make any other Earthling less valuable or special than another, nor does it make them any less important regarding the whole structure of His clockwork. It merely makes us privileged, and thus grants us powers, and these powers make us the responsible party if things go awry.

It's a test, and we're not doing that great, and thinking that lifeforms are below you opens the door that leads to banal belief that you're justified in the genocide of another lifeform. Love your neighbor, as you love yourself.

YoursTrue

People can say such things but that is simply metaphors, not taxonomy.
I realize that. And so as a Bible believer, I do not agree with the taxonomic description that man is an animal. And naturally not all those claiming to believe in or follow the Bible would agree with my conclusion either.

YoursTrue

Why do you think God would be happy with one of his amazing and wonderful creations thinking all the rest of the marvels and splendors of His creation are 'just another... anything'?

If we're going to go by scripture, you are the most important animal, because you were the one designated the warden to watch over and maintain balance among the rest of the animals. That does not make any other Earthling less valuable or special than another, nor does it make them any less important regarding the whole structure of His clockwork. It merely makes us privileged, and thus grants us powers, and these powers make us the responsible party if things go awry.

It's a test, and we're not doing that great, and thinking that lifeforms are below you opens the door that leads to banal belief that you're justified in the genocide of another lifeform. Love your neighbor, as you love yourself.
We're not doing that great as a group of humans, are we? I'm sure we can agree on that. maybe. And what I left out is that He intends (promises) that He will settle things in order to have a peaceful and fine earth. Filled with righteousness and people who practice righteousness. I look forward to that.