• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man in the Garden of Eden

true blood said:
Genesis 2:15-17 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

My question: What died in man that day?

Nothing died that day because Adam and Eve never lived.

Hello
While I were surfing a universialist web site, I found a article about Man in the garden, It said man could see better than the people's sight now and that man could teleport in the garden. That in the pre flood world, people could control animals with their minds :eek:mg: That site said that Noah used animals to help him build the ark.
Isn't it strange? Post your thoughts on this matter
God love you forever

Muad'dib

My question: What died in man that day?

Man's spiritual childhood "died" (ended) as he attained knowledge of good and evil and transcended his human-animal nature, becoming a true Human. God saw this and was pleased; he had created the world for man to lord over, and now man had the knowledge he needed to take on this responsibility, the knowledge to go forth into the world without destroying it, the knowledge to take on the responsibility of protecting and nurturing the world.

Unfortunately spiritually man is no more mature than a teenager, one moment accepting knowledge and behaving like a responsible adult, the next rejecting this gift and neglecting his responsibility as he pursues his own ambitions (and in the meantime doing whatever he damn well pleases with the world).

Human one moment, human-animal the next, man has yet to completely grow up.

Muad'dib

While I were surfing a universialist web site, I found a article about Man in the garden, It said man could see better than the people's sight now and that man could teleport in the garden. That in the pre flood world, people could control animals with their minds That site said that Noah used animals to help him build the ark.

****** In the Garden man was LESS evolved spiritually than he is now. Teleportation, rapture with animals--these things are more likely charactoristics of a spiritually evolved true Human, not the spiritually devolved human-animal that ran around in the Garden.

Mod edit - In our policy of respect for others, we do not allow the belittlement of other members

Muad'dib

true blood, supposition for you and any who are interested? Suppose the Adam was created with a body like that of Christ after His resurection. Adam was not created to die. Only after he ate of the tree did corruption enter into his body and with it sickness and death. This would indicate the type of bodies which we who believe will receive when as Paul says, we will be changed.

I doubt it. Why would God create man's body to be "perfect" (Jesus is the most perfect man there ever was, no?) but leave his soul and mind immature? More likely that God created man to be imperfect and gradually transcend this imperfection.